Niketalk: Are your parents still together?

Naw, my parents been divorced about 16 years now since I was like 5 yrs old. But my pops and moms are still cool with each other. I remember when I wasyounger, I used live with both parents going back and froth between the both of them. but I been with my mom now for about 8 years straight.

Been together over 25 years now. Sometimes I swear they wanna get divorced get along just cause my family can't function when it's all 4 of us together(Me, Brother, Mom & Dad). Take one out and we are good but when it's all of us, we just can't function.

yes, 20 years...my dad preaches "it's cheaper to keep her"....some of his brothers havent seen in a full paycheck in 25-30 years..

No they split when I was 3. I think it did affect my relationship with both of them because I don't have a relationship with either one of them.

I have "abandonment issues," (as my psychiatrist called it,) which makes it hard for me to become emotionally attached
my BFF was telling that seeing your parents relationship go down the drain affects you.

i was like 13 when i found out my pops cheated. SMH. definitely negatively affected how i view relationships/women...esp living w/ moms (doesnt help that ilook like old man)...and even worse....my neighbor is always putting the battery in her back cuz she's single/older/bitter her damn self.

the thought of committing/marrying someone and losing it/them totally turns me off.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I have "abandonment issues," (as my psychiatrist called it,) which makes it hard for me to become emotionally attached
my BFF was telling that seeing your parents relationship go down the drain affects you.

i was like 13 when i found out my pops cheated. SMH. definitely negatively affected how i view relationships/women...esp living w/ moms (doesnt help that i look like old man)...and even worse....my neighbor is always putting the battery in her back cuz she's single/older/bitter her damn self.

the thought of committing/marrying someone and losing it/them totally turns me off.

I co sign ALL of this....

Crazy thing is that I never actually had a conversation with my moms about it but I know the way my pops treated her !*%+#* her mind up for life.

Its almost like shes always been too scared to even put herself out there like that again...She been alone since my pops dogged her and seeing all thatfirsthand is scary as hell

Back
Top Bottom