Niketalk brethren: I quit my job to travel across North America.

It feels Goodman.
pimp.gif

I know a lot of you won't care, but I've been on here for almost 11 years and felt the need to share. I'm sure there are other folks on here that have done it or are thinking about doing something similar. I'm definitely open to give advice or answer any questions anyone might have.

I hate the idea of having a blog, but as a former English major, I feel obligated to do some sort of creative writing during this experience. I'm just keeping a journal for now and I'll set up some sort of website in the near future.

I'll update this thread with pics, etc. and a link to my website when I get it up and running.
Anybody who is down to show me around their city or tell me about must see sites or activities, feel free to post in here or PM me. and Q, I fully expect some Queen City hospitality when I make it to the T-Dot
laugh.gif

Much love, NT
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Sounds tight. I got invited by a chick to travel from Cali to NY (she was moving there), but I declined. My biggest fear in life is having a car break down on me so I couldn't do it.

You got a Google Maps route, bro?

where were you working, op?

just curious why you chose the north america (assuming you're from the states)? i would've picked something overseas, just curious.

eyes.gif
oh look at this guy. mr 1% with his fancy tour of the usa 
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
i'm jelly
frown.gif

lots of pics please

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Sounds tight. I got invited by a chick to travel from Cali to NY (she was moving there), but I declined. My biggest fear in life is having a car break down on me so I couldn't do it.

She was going to propose in NY.

If you need a place to stay in Texas, hit me up. I practically live in the area with Cowboys Stadium, Rangers Ballpark, Six flags, etc.
Wouldn't mind supporting this dream seeing as how it's something I want to do in the future. Good luck OP.

Dopeness
pimp.gif

I think you should have the blog up before you embark on this journey.

Originally Posted by 6 got dem handlez

Originally Posted by nightruans

how much money do u have saved up?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't know why but I'm dying right now.
Pretty sure that was an awesome question.. Anyways have fun that sounds really awesome

I'm in los angeles , sooo... if you make it out here let's hit up griffith park and hollywood
pimp.gif

You're the 3rd or 4th person to ask me that, and I have yet to find where/how you can plan out a route like that. Please enlighten me
nerd.gif

where were you working, op?
just curious why you chose the north america (assuming you're from thestates)? i would've picked something overseas, just curious.
I was an assistant chef at a country club.

I chose to stay here in the US/North America for a lot of reasons. After budgeting it out, I can drive over 20,000 miles for the price of a round-trip ticket to Europe (and I'd have no way to get around once I got there.) We always tend to think the grass is greener on the other side, but there is SO much awesome and beautiful stuff to see just here in North America.
how much money do u have saved up?
A lot less than you might think. With proper budgeting and planning, I'm expecting to be able to travel/live for a year for between $5,000-$7,500. I'm obviously not going to be staying at the Ritz or eating out a lot, but you can survive and live comfortably on the road for a lot cheaper than living in an apartment. (no rent, electricity/cable bills, etc.)

I've invested around $2K in really nice camping/outdoors gear. I love to be outdoors in the first place, and it helps me save a hell of a lot of money in the long run, so it was an easy decision.

Hey man, takes a lot of balls to do something 90% of people wouldn't do. Big props for that. I'm assuming you're still relatively young/single/no kids so better to do it now than when you have those things "tying you down".  Good luck and enjoy it
pimp.gif

If you come through the Little Rock area I gotcha bro!! Good luck and props for doing that

props for real.

one thing to look into is a Nat'l Park Service America the Beautiful pass. For $80, you get into any national park for free (some parks charge entrance fees, some don't)

Back
Top Bottom