Niketalk, what's your age limit of being too old to live at home with moms?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

the reasoning why its okay to live at home is epic, lmaooooooooooo

i dunno man..........i live in CT

i know ppl OLDER than me an im 25 at home...........with college degrees and careers already.

rent isnt cheap out here at all.......................

if youre single and make decent money its still a lot......................some dont wanna pay rent, save up for a house.

i know a dude who was living with a girl but broke up so then he went back to his grandma crib........dude is like 27, its common around my area i guess.

factor in all expenses, car note, food, cell, taxes, bills, loans, i mean......more power to you but i dont see anything wrong with it

......its called sacrafice my man. you dont NEED a car note, and you dont NEED a cell phone bill. but it is possible.

- the problem is cats wanna be comfortable......COMPLETELY comfortable and sacrafice nothing. life just doesnt work that way.

I NEED(ED) a car note...I NEED(ED) a vehicle that i could depend on. I didnt want to buy a used truck that would break down later and cost me MORE money. I work construction so i NEED(ED) to go here and there without worry of not making it to my destination, which would cost me money, if i wasnt working. Granted, i probably shouldnt have bought as big of a truck as i did, but thats a lesson learned. Youre right, people dont NEED a cell phone bill, but at the same time, i dont want dropped calls while on the phone with customers/clients, not to mention i use the net on my phone to look up work stuff.

Cats wanna be comfortable? Wasnt that THE POINT of moving out on your own? Comfort, privacy, and doing what you want?
eyes.gif

i know ppl OLDER than me an im 25 at home...........with college degrees and careers already.

if youre single and make decent money its still a lot......................some dont wanna pay rent, save up for a house.

i know a dude who was living with a girl but broke up so then he went back to his grandma crib........dude is like 27, its common around my area i guess.

factor in all expenses, car note, food, cell, taxes, bills, loans, i mean......more power to you but i dont see anything wrong with it

......its called sacrafice my man. you dont NEED a car note, and you dont NEED a cell phone bill. but it is possible.

- the problem is cats wanna be comfortable......COMPLETELY comfortable and sacrafice nothing. life just doesnt work that way.

I NEED(ED) a car note...I NEED(ED) a vehicle that i could depend on. I didnt want to buy a used truck that would break down later and cost me MORE money. I work construction so i NEED(ED) to go here and there without worry of not making it to my destination, which would cost me money, if i wasnt working. Granted, i probably shouldnt have bought as big of a truck as i did, but thats a lesson learned. Youre right, people dont NEED a cell phone bill, but at the same time, i dont want dropped calls while on the phone with customers/clients, not to mention i use the net on my phone to look up work stuff.

Cats wanna be comfortable? Wasnt that THE POINT of moving out on your own? Comfort, privacy, and doing what you want?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Vet you do realize you're a part of this "weak" generation right?

- Millenials were born from 1980-1990's, they even stated so in the CBS piece.

...born in '79  champ
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Vet you do realize you're a part of this "weak" generation right?

- Millenials were born from 1980-1990's, they even stated so in the CBS piece.

...born in '79  champ
wink.gif

laugh.gif

you might not NEED a car note for an M3 but a car note is part of life........my ol girl from example was sharin a car cuz the joint she had right before nursin school broke down FIRST day no lie............she didnt have stacks to just drop on a car after graduation.......saved up a lil an had to put down payment on a CPO thats gonna be reliable and warranty

my car is paid off but everyone doesnt just have STACKS to drop on a nice used car..............were not talkin hooptys right? wish i was pushin a 2010 or 2011 but its not pratical right now, i cant lease.

cell phone is needed in this day an age imo..............everyone doesnt need an iphone but yea.........get on a family plan

im just sayin everybody doesnt make 100k an even if you do dependin on where you at an what not, your state an fed taxes..........again i know ppl older than me at home, in careers.

if you can stay home and save its the way to go..........you can have enuff to get by but put your pride to the side, everybody doesnt graduate college an make 100k lets be realistic. so yea 40-60k factor in all these expenses......how much you got in loans, how quick you got a job, factor in a lot of ()&#$, health insurance, car insurance. list goes on.

maybe you gotta help folks in the fam even, everybody situation is diff. an i know a lot of heads on NT already got money from their folks also.

you might not NEED a car note for an M3 but a car note is part of life........my ol girl from example was sharin a car cuz the joint she had right before nursin school broke down FIRST day no lie............she didnt have stacks to just drop on a car after graduation.......saved up a lil an had to put down payment on a CPO thats gonna be reliable and warranty

my car is paid off but everyone doesnt just have STACKS to drop on a nice used car..............were not talkin hooptys right? wish i was pushin a 2010 or 2011 but its not pratical right now, i cant lease.

cell phone is needed in this day an age imo..............everyone doesnt need an iphone but yea.........get on a family plan

im just sayin everybody doesnt make 100k an even if you do dependin on where you at an what not, your state an fed taxes..........again i know ppl older than me at home, in careers.

if you can stay home and save its the way to go..........you can have enuff to get by but put your pride to the side, everybody doesnt graduate college an make 100k lets be realistic. so yea 40-60k factor in all these expenses......how much you got in loans, how quick you got a job, factor in a lot of ()&#$, health insurance, car insurance. list goes on.

maybe you gotta help folks in the fam even, everybody situation is diff. an i know a lot of heads on NT already got money from their folks also.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i'm 24, living at home, saving money with my fiance to buy our first place ... there's no way i am going to go waste a stack or more a month just to gain some "independence" ... get real, if any of you have the opportunity to stay home and save money, DO IT ... if you can stomach your house then why not?

i dont feel any less of a person because i still live at home ... i am comfortable with my life and enjoy not having to pay rent or utilities ... i am almost finished paying off my debt and my girl is putting half her paychecks in savings ... by tax time next year i will be putting an offer in on a house ...

a lot of my friends at work have studios or one bedrooms in DC paying as much as 1800 a month to live there ... i know how much we make and the fact that they blow that much money on housing is beyond me ... literally i couldnt live it and save for my own place for that price ...

the district has definitely been going up on their new apartment's.....gentrification....moving the reckless folks out to P.G. County, and rebuilding and refurbishing apartments and welcoming in the the folks with the nice bank accounts and crazy credit scores.

by the next couple of years, DECENT  1 bedroom apartments in good neighborhoods that you would probably pay 800-900 now....will jump up to 1,000-1200....and the 1,000-1200 is the price NOW for 2 bedrooms, so imagine what those will cost once the price of the 1 bedrooms goes up.....the economy is still hurting while trying to get better at the same time, D.C. is about to look like NY when it comes to the cost of living.
frown.gif

if you're young and want to leave home you better luck up and land a connection in college, with someone that can help you pull a good job paying really good money, or fight it out and get that piece of paper. Not being in school right now in today's world working a decent job isn't going to cut it, if you want your own place.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i'm 24, living at home, saving money with my fiance to buy our first place ... there's no way i am going to go waste a stack or more a month just to gain some "independence" ... get real, if any of you have the opportunity to stay home and save money, DO IT ... if you can stomach your house then why not?

i dont feel any less of a person because i still live at home ... i am comfortable with my life and enjoy not having to pay rent or utilities ... i am almost finished paying off my debt and my girl is putting half her paychecks in savings ... by tax time next year i will be putting an offer in on a house ...

a lot of my friends at work have studios or one bedrooms in DC paying as much as 1800 a month to live there ... i know how much we make and the fact that they blow that much money on housing is beyond me ... literally i couldnt live it and save for my own place for that price ...

the district has definitely been going up on their new apartment's.....gentrification....moving the reckless folks out to P.G. County, and rebuilding and refurbishing apartments and welcoming in the the folks with the nice bank accounts and crazy credit scores.

by the next couple of years, DECENT  1 bedroom apartments in good neighborhoods that you would probably pay 800-900 now....will jump up to 1,000-1200....and the 1,000-1200 is the price NOW for 2 bedrooms, so imagine what those will cost once the price of the 1 bedrooms goes up.....the economy is still hurting while trying to get better at the same time, D.C. is about to look like NY when it comes to the cost of living.
frown.gif

if you're young and want to leave home you better luck up and land a connection in college, with someone that can help you pull a good job paying really good money, or fight it out and get that piece of paper. Not being in school right now in today's world working a decent job isn't going to cut it, if you want your own place.

25...been living on my own for a few years, i work two jobs , i make sacrifices and do the side hustles, no college degree.

im spanish, my spanish homies and cousins still live at home .. but in tradition.. they do so , cuz they mom cook,wash and do @%+% for them.

being brought up in a single household , i took care & cooked for my sister, mom showed me how to do my own laundry at a young age, def appreciate my mom for everything she did for me and taught me, till the day...she told me... " ya es hora " , its time now & I understood she prepped me for life.

females that still live at home ..i can dig that because most traditions, they leave the house when they get married....

im really just messing with yall..cuz if you live at home doesnt make you less of a man.. just easy to laugh at and poke jokes.

I live in the washington d.c suburbs of maryland, i know what high rent & cost of living is, so dont start with that mess or excuse.

25...been living on my own for a few years, i work two jobs , i make sacrifices and do the side hustles, no college degree.

im spanish, my spanish homies and cousins still live at home .. but in tradition.. they do so , cuz they mom cook,wash and do @%+% for them.

being brought up in a single household , i took care & cooked for my sister, mom showed me how to do my own laundry at a young age, def appreciate my mom for everything she did for me and taught me, till the day...she told me... " ya es hora " , its time now & I understood she prepped me for life.

females that still live at home ..i can dig that because most traditions, they leave the house when they get married....

im really just messing with yall..cuz if you live at home doesnt make you less of a man.. just easy to laugh at and poke jokes.

I live in the washington d.c suburbs of maryland, i know what high rent & cost of living is, so dont start with that mess or excuse.

Overall though, I think people just need to evaluate their situation and there really is no right or wrong answer. You're not a loser if you're still at home when you're 27. As long as you have a plan in place and aren't in your parent's crib 24/7 playing NBA2K and Madden all day, I think you'll be alright.

Overall though, I think people just need to evaluate their situation and there really is no right or wrong answer. You're not a loser if you're still at home when you're 27. As long as you have a plan in place and aren't in your parent's crib 24/7 playing NBA2K and Madden all day, I think you'll be alright.

Originally Posted by plumber E 20

- excuses, excuses.

- i paid $2,300 for my first car after leaving home....it NEVER broke down on me. and right now @ 31 years old the car i drive EVERYDAY to work, i paid $2,200 for. and it has never broken down on me. im a firm believer that you dont have to have a newer car to have a good one.

- ive always owned older american cars and have had zero probelms out of them. i could have at any given moment marched right down to the dealership to get something new but never have *kanye shrug*  as i said: excuses, excuses.....

eyes.gif

- fixed.

- when i first moved out i had a bed on the floor, 1 tube TV, and a set of patio furniture for the living room.

.....eventually got a frame, then came a big screen--big screen turned into a flat screen, and the furniture turned into real furniture. without one ounce of help from parents. my own paid for car ($2,300), and on my own insurance.

.........keep trying to justify it though, if that makes you feel better.

yes and you just said you work 2 JOBS and you gotta side hustle

props to you an all but i dont wanna work 80 hours a week either, i cant even function if i had to do that. everyone situation is different

what do you mean by sacrifices? this is NT but i def dont collect jordans or buy 5+ kicks every month anymore......i have decent clothes but its not a pop new tags every weekend thing either

i just think life is all about balance.........

- excuses, excuses.

- i paid $2,300 for my first car after leaving home....it NEVER broke down on me. and right now @ 31 years old the car i drive EVERYDAY to work, i paid $2,200 for. and it has never broken down on me. im a firm believer that you dont have to have a newer car to have a good one.

- ive always owned older american cars and have had zero probelms out of them. i could have at any given moment marched right down to the dealership to get something new but never have *kanye shrug*  as i said: excuses, excuses.....

eyes.gif

- fixed.

- when i first moved out i had a bed on the floor, 1 tube TV, and a set of patio furniture for the living room.

.....eventually got a frame, then came a big screen--big screen turned into a flat screen, and the furniture turned into real furniture. without one ounce of help from parents. my own paid for car ($2,300), and on my own insurance.

.........keep trying to justify it though, if that makes you feel better.

yes and you just said you work 2 JOBS and you gotta side hustle

props to you an all but i dont wanna work 80 hours a week either, i cant even function if i had to do that. everyone situation is different

what do you mean by sacrifices? this is NT but i def dont collect jordans or buy 5+ kicks every month anymore......i have decent clothes but its not a pop new tags every weekend thing either

i just think life is all about balance.........

vet props to you i guess but

dont knock somebody at home if they gotta good home an parents who doin alright an allow their kids to save

i dont think moms would want me with a 2k old whip sleepin on the floor, with patio furniture.........eatin noodles for dinner

i dont know your situation with your parents but parents are their to help their children.

last time, everybody situation is different. there is no right or wrong answer.

vet props to you i guess but

dont knock somebody at home if they gotta good home an parents who doin alright an allow their kids to save

i dont think moms would want me with a 2k old whip sleepin on the floor, with patio furniture.........eatin noodles for dinner

i dont know your situation with your parents but parents are their to help their children.

last time, everybody situation is different. there is no right or wrong answer.

i understand man, but its all about comfort , i like coming home drunk as hell and walking around $%+ naked with no worries, i do this because i work hard
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i got homies with brand new motorcycles , new cars and go on trips 4x a year..& go to the club every damn weekend, like damn
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

...but they still live at home...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

not to take anything from yall, but you got to start somewhere.

kudos to those that work 60+ hrs a week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i understand man, but its all about comfort , i like coming home drunk as hell and walking around $%+ naked with no worries, i do this because i work hard
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i got homies with brand new motorcycles , new cars and go on trips 4x a year..& go to the club every damn weekend, like damn
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

...but they still live at home...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

not to take anything from yall, but you got to start somewhere.

kudos to those that work 60+ hrs a week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you might not NEED a car note for an M3 but a car note is part of life

- i am so glad i never adopted this way of thinking. a car not IS NOT a part of life.

- if people could only see how the "have to have a car note/cell bill" mentality keeps them in shackles
30t6p3b.gif

- god bless you brother.

you might not NEED a car note for an M3 but a car note is part of life

- i am so glad i never adopted this way of thinking. a car not IS NOT a part of life.

- if people could only see how the "have to have a car note/cell bill" mentality keeps them in shackles
30t6p3b.gif

- god bless you brother.

Im 24 and live with moms. I would love to be out but I know whats best right now, I have a 4yo son that I (along with the help of family) have raised 85% of his life and have just recently hired a lawyer to take it to court and get everything in writing so I am paying off the $3500 that cost me.

I have a good amount saved to move out but the situation hasnt been right yet but it will be in the next 6 months or so.

I dont feel there is a set date on it all because there are so many different scenarios

Back
Top Bottom