Niketalk, what's your age limit of being too old to live at home with moms?

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

A few years ago, I would've said 25-26.

Now that I'm in 40 grand worth of student loans..working a job that doesn't pay well...I won't be surprised if I'm still at my mom's crib till i'm 27-28.
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
#$@@$% student loans...

bull $%+$

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

A few years ago, I would've said 25-26.

Now that I'm in 40 grand worth of student loans..working a job that doesn't pay well...I won't be surprised if I'm still at my mom's crib till i'm 27-28.
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
#$@@$% student loans...

bull $%+$

Originally Posted by Truballa101

seasoned vet wrote:
- awww.....

-
roll.gif
 @ cats still catching feelings thinking im looking down on them. funny how you can have conversations with these younger kids and all they see is a pointing finger, completely missing out on the opportunity to use the stories/criticism to build on their character.

- give your uncle some dap from Vet
wink.gif

...... i even found some more research on the subject: here

- yall killing me with the economy bit. that should only be good for the 23 y/o and below........

- bro, you used the phrase "leaving mommys blanket" or something like that, so you really are looking down.
- you seriously, gave an article about breastfeeding
indifferent.gif

- i had no idea the economy only affected people 23 and under.
eek.gif

- and seriously? what am i missing out by living on my own? real talk.

Ahhh the irony of "TruBalla" living at his mom's house, having his cell phone paid for by his mom, and using her car.
What are you missing out on?

Life.

seasoned vet wrote:
- awww.....

-
roll.gif
 @ cats still catching feelings thinking im looking down on them. funny how you can have conversations with these younger kids and all they see is a pointing finger, completely missing out on the opportunity to use the stories/criticism to build on their character.

wink.gif

- yall killing me with the economy bit. that should only be good for the 23 y/o and below........

- bro, you used the phrase "leaving mommys blanket" or something like that, so you really are looking down.
- you seriously, gave an article about breastfeeding
indifferent.gif

- i had no idea the economy only affected people 23 and under.
eek.gif

- and seriously? what am i missing out by living on my own? real talk.

Ahhh the irony of "TruBalla" living at his mom's house, having his cell phone paid for by his mom, and using her car.
What are you missing out on?

Life.

I'm gonna move back home when I go to grad school and I'm probably gonna stay there until I pay back all my loans and debts. I don't get whats so wrong about living with your fam if you're paying bills, buying the groceries, etc. If you're not freeloading, how is it any different from living by yourself? The only difference is you'd be paying $1600 for a 1 bedroom apartment 
laugh.gif

I'm gonna move back home when I go to grad school and I'm probably gonna stay there until I pay back all my loans and debts. I don't get whats so wrong about living with your fam if you're paying bills, buying the groceries, etc. If you're not freeloading, how is it any different from living by yourself? The only difference is you'd be paying $1600 for a 1 bedroom apartment 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by JsindaA

seasoned vet wrote:

- you cats really dont get it do you?

- what you call struggling, i call regular life. it has its ups and downs. this? what we are discussing right here has NOTHING to do with bragging or trying to prove something. the feelings yall keep catching over it shows that you just feel inferior to those that have done it.

- im good either way though, .......carry on.
laugh.gif

....my man said struggling. na man, struggling would be panhandling, sleeping in your car, in a house with no heat in the winter. LOL@ struggling being a mere $2,000 reliable car and no cell phone bill
roll.gif
. and you dudes is dead serious too. these cats is straight diva status and have NO PROBLEM with it.
laugh.gif
. but again im good.

- ask your parents how they lived starting out. and them to reflect on their past and how they started. im curious.

1) what are you talking about 'diva status'

2) it doesn't matter what kinda story you give us bro. I respect you since you probably made it out fine doing your solo thing.

3) a lot of people are DEFINITELY trying to prove something by moving out at young age. You really don't know people like this? People who try to act like they're ultra independent?
grin.gif

4) I understand your situation man, You probably made it. But lets be real and lets generalize for a second...

If people stayed home after school til say 25. and stacked a few Gs every year they'd be set..

opposed to...

leaving home and going to the unknown. Especially in this Economy?! Man, I respect ya grind but your argument is null and void.

- in all honesty i didnt grow up with those types. i did graduate with some that graduated early and tried to brag. but every last one of them ended up dropping out of college and moving back in with mom's. some even ended up in prison. but no one ever bragged on their living situation. not saying i dont believe you though.

- even still, yall keep missing me. can you stack hella g's at the crib with mom? sure. but every year after 20 and you're that many years behind where you should be as far as living independently.
- i mean, still no one has answered the question. what price can you put on those 5+ years of lost experience living alone while at home with mom? does it equal all those g's you stacked? is it really worth it??

- no matter how yall keep trying to rationalize it. it all just sounds like you wanna jump in the pool, but mommy says its too cold and to stay under her blanket. is it cold in the pool......sure. but not as cold as mommy makes it out to be. but you'd never know because mommy's blanket feels too good. leave it up to mommy and you'd never get from under the blanket into the pool.

- the things yall keep trying to argue with me isnt my argument. READ. stop getting so defensive.

........and im not even going to address the diva comment. if the claims and excuses for not moving out dont say diva to you, theres nothing more i can do to explain it.

....and for the ones having to move back in due to different circumstances (divorce, losing a job) I AM  NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.

One thing that realllly irritates me, is someone who's older with this mindset that if everyone does it exactly how they did they'll be fine. Awesome, your way worked for YOU. It will not work for everyone else. It's funny you sound like my uncle, who coincidentally is the exact same age as you, and I had to tell him...things are nowhere near the same as when you guys were 20. I've been in 3 of my own apartments since I graduated HS, and guess where I had to move back? Each apartment I had to work 2 jobs plus my music hustle on the side...that's NOT the life a 19 year old should be living while trying to go to school. Not at all. For what? Because life is hard? Yeah that's obvious but part of being able to survive life's ills is preparation. So when my car breaks down or I lose a job...I can go get that money I saved and stay afloat until I get another job. Not have to be at rock bottom until then. That mindset you have won't work for everyone. Everyone is NOT that tough skinned, and to parade around this thread as if people your age were that tough, or that this is some new age thinking is extremely ignorant. There is no real reason to suggest that by 20 I should be out on my own. Most people at that age are in their 2nd or 3rd year of college, which almost always will not get you a great job. It's as if you believe parents can not teach life lessons while their child is home. It seems to me that the kids that "stay in the nest" until they are ready to leave run into a lot less problems than those who aren't "diva status". I can look at my own life and estimate I'd have about....20K had I not ran into the "regular life" problems that I did...and I'm only 22. You need to get off your high horse. It's good that you survived what you did, I can truly appreciate that. But don't look down on others because they are going about it a different way. Then again...maybe you aren't as mature as you are trying to make yourself appear on here...

- awww.....

-
roll.gif

wink.gif

And you prove me right. Thanks.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

seasoned vet wrote:

- you cats really dont get it do you?

- what you call struggling, i call regular life. it has its ups and downs. this? what we are discussing right here has NOTHING to do with bragging or trying to prove something. the feelings yall keep catching over it shows that you just feel inferior to those that have done it.

- im good either way though, .......carry on.
laugh.gif

....my man said struggling. na man, struggling would be panhandling, sleeping in your car, in a house with no heat in the winter. LOL@ struggling being a mere $2,000 reliable car and no cell phone bill
roll.gif
. and you dudes is dead serious too. these cats is straight diva status and have NO PROBLEM with it.
laugh.gif
. but again im good.

- ask your parents how they lived starting out. and them to reflect on their past and how they started. im curious.

1) what are you talking about 'diva status'

2) it doesn't matter what kinda story you give us bro. I respect you since you probably made it out fine doing your solo thing.

3) a lot of people are DEFINITELY trying to prove something by moving out at young age. You really don't know people like this? People who try to act like they're ultra independent?
grin.gif

4) I understand your situation man, You probably made it. But lets be real and lets generalize for a second...

If people stayed home after school til say 25. and stacked a few Gs every year they'd be set..

opposed to...

leaving home and going to the unknown. Especially in this Economy?! Man, I respect ya grind but your argument is null and void.

- in all honesty i didnt grow up with those types. i did graduate with some that graduated early and tried to brag. but every last one of them ended up dropping out of college and moving back in with mom's. some even ended up in prison. but no one ever bragged on their living situation. not saying i dont believe you though.

- even still, yall keep missing me. can you stack hella g's at the crib with mom? sure. but every year after 20 and you're that many years behind where you should be as far as living independently.
- i mean, still no one has answered the question. what price can you put on those 5+ years of lost experience living alone while at home with mom? does it equal all those g's you stacked? is it really worth it??

- no matter how yall keep trying to rationalize it. it all just sounds like you wanna jump in the pool, but mommy says its too cold and to stay under her blanket. is it cold in the pool......sure. but not as cold as mommy makes it out to be. but you'd never know because mommy's blanket feels too good. leave it up to mommy and you'd never get from under the blanket into the pool.

- the things yall keep trying to argue with me isnt my argument. READ. stop getting so defensive.

........and im not even going to address the diva comment. if the claims and excuses for not moving out dont say diva to you, theres nothing more i can do to explain it.

....and for the ones having to move back in due to different circumstances (divorce, losing a job) I AM  NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.

One thing that realllly irritates me, is someone who's older with this mindset that if everyone does it exactly how they did they'll be fine. Awesome, your way worked for YOU. It will not work for everyone else. It's funny you sound like my uncle, who coincidentally is the exact same age as you, and I had to tell him...things are nowhere near the same as when you guys were 20. I've been in 3 of my own apartments since I graduated HS, and guess where I had to move back? Each apartment I had to work 2 jobs plus my music hustle on the side...that's NOT the life a 19 year old should be living while trying to go to school. Not at all. For what? Because life is hard? Yeah that's obvious but part of being able to survive life's ills is preparation. So when my car breaks down or I lose a job...I can go get that money I saved and stay afloat until I get another job. Not have to be at rock bottom until then. That mindset you have won't work for everyone. Everyone is NOT that tough skinned, and to parade around this thread as if people your age were that tough, or that this is some new age thinking is extremely ignorant. There is no real reason to suggest that by 20 I should be out on my own. Most people at that age are in their 2nd or 3rd year of college, which almost always will not get you a great job. It's as if you believe parents can not teach life lessons while their child is home. It seems to me that the kids that "stay in the nest" until they are ready to leave run into a lot less problems than those who aren't "diva status". I can look at my own life and estimate I'd have about....20K had I not ran into the "regular life" problems that I did...and I'm only 22. You need to get off your high horse. It's good that you survived what you did, I can truly appreciate that. But don't look down on others because they are going about it a different way. Then again...maybe you aren't as mature as you are trying to make yourself appear on here...

- awww.....

-
roll.gif

wink.gif

And you prove me right. Thanks.

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

Im in school now..I plan to bounce when I finish my last year of school or around 23-24..No reason to leave now and struggle
[mike]*+%%!, you atleast 30[/mike]

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

Im in school now..I plan to bounce when I finish my last year of school or around 23-24..No reason to leave now and struggle
[mike]*+%%!, you atleast 30[/mike]

How is it possible that a young man doesn't have the yearning to pave his own path? I think that NT is the only place where men, and i use the term lightly, can so nonchalantly excuse living under their parents well into their twenties. I guess to each their own, after all we all cant be alphas.

How is it possible that a young man doesn't have the yearning to pave his own path? I think that NT is the only place where men, and i use the term lightly, can so nonchalantly excuse living under their parents well into their twenties. I guess to each their own, after all we all cant be alphas.

im moving out when I can afford my own home and still help my parents with their mortgage. I could move out now and afford to pay rent comfortably but Id rather that money go to my parents.....i think every situation is different

im moving out when I can afford my own home and still help my parents with their mortgage. I could move out now and afford to pay rent comfortably but Id rather that money go to my parents.....i think every situation is different

I moved out a month after turning 21 and never looked back (25 now). Went from living with my mom and dad in Seattle, to going to school and working San Francisco and living in Oakland. I'd be lying if i said *+*% was easy those first 2 years.

Being able to take care of yourself and not only survive but thrive on your own is not easy. But *+*% you got to do it someday. I've been through ALOT of *+*% during the first two years, and there were countless times I thought about going back home thinking "Damn *+*% is just too much maybe i should go back".

But my pops told me that life doesn't get easier, EVER. Life is hard, Life is struggle, but its the struggle that tests your character as a man and you discover your true capabilities.

For whatever reasons dudes that still live at home my age or older, hey its your life, you make the best moves for you. I can't judge how anyone carries themselves and how they live.

But *+*% can't be a good look to the women folk yall chilling with moms at 25 plus
laugh.gif
:lol:

I moved out a month after turning 21 and never looked back (25 now). Went from living with my mom and dad in Seattle, to going to school and working San Francisco and living in Oakland. I'd be lying if i said *+*% was easy those first 2 years.

Being able to take care of yourself and not only survive but thrive on your own is not easy. But *+*% you got to do it someday. I've been through ALOT of *+*% during the first two years, and there were countless times I thought about going back home thinking "Damn *+*% is just too much maybe i should go back".

But my pops told me that life doesn't get easier, EVER. Life is hard, Life is struggle, but its the struggle that tests your character as a man and you discover your true capabilities.

For whatever reasons dudes that still live at home my age or older, hey its your life, you make the best moves for you. I can't judge how anyone carries themselves and how they live.

But *+*% can't be a good look to the women folk yall chilling with moms at 25 plus
laugh.gif
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom