Niketalk, what's your age limit of being too old to live at home with moms?

Im 24 and live with moms. I would love to be out but I know whats best right now, I have a 4yo son that I (along with the help of family) have raised 85% of his life and have just recently hired a lawyer to take it to court and get everything in writing so I am paying off the $3500 that cost me.

I have a good amount saved to move out but the situation hasnt been right yet but it will be in the next 6 months or so.

I dont feel there is a set date on it all because there are so many different scenarios

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

different scenerios for everyone, if I was in yours... id still be living at home too, daycare is like rent anyways, and i know my mom would love to have a child around.

kudos to you brother.

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

different scenerios for everyone, if I was in yours... id still be living at home too, daycare is like rent anyways, and i know my mom would love to have a child around.

kudos to you brother.

Dudes think they doin' it cuz they got their own place but gotta eat top ramen 4 days a week

Nah, i'm good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Al Audi

you might not NEED a car note for an M3 but a car note is part of life

- i am so glad i never adopted this way of thinking. a car not IS NOT a part of life.

- if people could only see how the "have to have a car note/cell bill" mentality keeps them in shackles
30t6p3b.gif

- god bless you brother.

vet..............I JUST got a newer whip

i drove my first car for 8 years........im only 25 now, do the math

importking

nah........i dont agree on that livin at home, buyin out the bar every weekend.................new this new that.........like i said back in my younger days i was a lil wreckless but trust me i got sense.

i love nice things but its all balance......i actually wanted to get a bike next year too....used one of course.

but yea vet and king, props.

you might not NEED a car note for an M3 but a car note is part of life

- i am so glad i never adopted this way of thinking. a car not IS NOT a part of life.

- if people could only see how the "have to have a car note/cell bill" mentality keeps them in shackles
30t6p3b.gif

- god bless you brother.

vet..............I JUST got a newer whip

i drove my first car for 8 years........im only 25 now, do the math

importking

nah........i dont agree on that livin at home, buyin out the bar every weekend.................new this new that.........like i said back in my younger days i was a lil wreckless but trust me i got sense.

i love nice things but its all balance......i actually wanted to get a bike next year too....used one of course.

but yea vet and king, props.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Dudes think they doin' it cuz they got their own place but gotta eat top ramen 4 days a week

Nah, i'm good
laugh.gif

co-sign

i prolly wouldnt look the way i look currently if i left home so early ill keep it real.

food>nikes

Nah, i'm good
laugh.gif

co-sign

i prolly wouldnt look the way i look currently if i left home so early ill keep it real.

food>nikes

honestly, im just f'ing with yall and playing around. its easy to do that.

if you just graduated college and working your pt to get that 50k starting job, than so be it do it. but if you been making 40-50K + for a few yrs and still at home base, something is wrong,

my homie moved back home to help his mom who was short on the bills, he even lost his security deposit to do so, that takes a real man & if time comes, ill do the same .

if you just graduated college and working your pt to get that 50k starting job, than so be it do it. but if you been making 40-50K + for a few yrs and still at home base, something is wrong,

my homie moved back home to help his mom who was short on the bills, he even lost his security deposit to do so, that takes a real man & if time comes, ill do the same .

30t6p3b.gif
@ Vet & KING breaking out their stories AFTER insulting everyone in here.
pimp.gif
Props though.
I'll have my own one day.
(one day very Very VERY SOON I hope... ..I don't know about D.C. though...)

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
Props though.

Originally Posted by plumber E 20

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

the reasoning why its okay to live at home is epic, lmaooooooooooo

i dunno man..........i live in CT

i know ppl OLDER than me an im 25 at home...........with college degrees and careers already.

rent isnt cheap out here at all.......................

if youre single and make decent money its still a lot......................some dont wanna pay rent, save up for a house.

i know a dude who was living with a girl but broke up so then he went back to his grandma crib........dude is like 27, its common around my area i guess.

factor in all expenses, car note, food, cell, taxes, bills, loans, i mean......more power to you but i dont see anything wrong with it

......its called sacrafice my man. you dont NEED a car note, and you dont NEED a cell phone bill. but it is possible.

- the problem is cats wanna be comfortable......COMPLETELY comfortable and sacrafice nothing. life just doesnt work that way.

I NEED(ED) a car note...I NEED(ED) a vehicle that i could depend on. I didnt want to buy a used truck that would break down later and cost me MORE money. I work construction so i NEED(ED) to go here and there without worry of not making it to my destination, which would cost me money, if i wasnt working. Granted, i probably shouldnt have bought as big of a truck as i did, but thats a lesson learned. Youre right, people dont NEED a cell phone bill, but at the same time, i dont want dropped calls while on the phone with customers/clients, not to mention i use the net on my phone to look up work stuff. 

- excuses, excuses.

- i paid $2,300 for my first car after leaving home....it NEVER broke down on me. and right now @ 31 years old the car i drive EVERYDAY to work, i paid $2,200 for. and it has never broken down on me. im a firm believer that you dont have to have a newer car to have a good one.

- ive always owned older american cars and have had zero probelms out of them. i could have at any given moment marched right down to the dealership to get something new but never have *kanye shrug*  as i said: excuses, excuses.....

i know ppl OLDER than me an im 25 at home...........with college degrees and careers already.

if youre single and make decent money its still a lot......................some dont wanna pay rent, save up for a house.

i know a dude who was living with a girl but broke up so then he went back to his grandma crib........dude is like 27, its common around my area i guess.

factor in all expenses, car note, food, cell, taxes, bills, loans, i mean......more power to you but i dont see anything wrong with it

......its called sacrafice my man. you dont NEED a car note, and you dont NEED a cell phone bill. but it is possible.

- the problem is cats wanna be comfortable......COMPLETELY comfortable and sacrafice nothing. life just doesnt work that way.

Cats wanna be comfortable? Wasnt that THE POINT of moving out on your own? Comfort, privacy, and doing what you want?
eyes.gif

- fixed.

- when i first moved out i had a bed on the floor, 1 tube TV, and a set of patio furniture for the living room.

.....eventually got a frame, then came a big screen--big screen turned into a flat screen, and the furniture turned into real furniture. without one ounce of help from parents. my own paid for car ($2,300), and on my own insurance.

.........keep trying to justify it though, if that makes you feel better.

If giving you my reasons and facts is having to justify something, then so be it.
Im glad youve made it through life okay. Im not trying to put anyone down or anything, just letting people know what happened to me. Im just trying to give people a heads up as to what they can expect. Things arent the same they were 10+ years ago, where the economy was better, therefore making it easier to move out on your own. Rent was cheaper back then cuz people were buying up houses. Now everyones renting and demand and price has gone up. If anything, you and I, know better than most people replying because we're closer in age to each other.
Once again, im trying to help here and not put anyone down. Not everyone has the same wonderful life...it just sucks knowing people will struggle, rather than stay home, if thats an option, saving money to move out later.  10-12 yrs ago, i would have said if you're 23 or older, you should be outta moms house, but thats not the case now.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
Props though.

you can do it cuhhh
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
Props though.

you can do it cuhhh
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I NEED(ED) a car note...I NEED(ED) a vehicle that i could depend on. I didnt want to buy a used truck that would break down later and cost me MORE money. I work construction so i NEED(ED) to go here and there without worry of not making it to my destination, which would cost me money, if i wasnt working. Granted, i probably shouldnt have bought as big of a truck as i did, but thats a lesson learned. Youre right, people dont NEED a cell phone bill, but at the same time, i dont want dropped calls while on the phone with customers/clients, not to mention i use the net on my phone to look up work stuff. 

- excuses, excuses.

- i paid $2,300 for my first car after leaving home....it NEVER broke down on me. and right now @ 31 years old the car i drive EVERYDAY to work, i paid $2,200 for. and it has never broken down on me. im a firm believer that you dont have to have a newer car to have a good one.

- ive always owned older american cars and have had zero probelms out of them. i could have at any given moment marched right down to the dealership to get something new but never have *kanye shrug*  as i said: excuses, excuses.....

Cats wanna be comfortable? Wasnt that THE POINT of moving out on your own? Comfort, privacy, and doing what you want?
eyes.gif

- fixed.

- when i first moved out i had a bed on the floor, 1 tube TV, and a set of patio furniture for the living room.

.....eventually got a frame, then came a big screen--big screen turned into a flat screen, and the furniture turned into real furniture. without one ounce of help from parents. my own paid for car ($2,300), and on my own insurance.

.........keep trying to justify it though, if that makes you feel better.

If giving you my reasons and facts is having to justify something, then so be it.
Im glad youve made it through life okay. Im not trying to put anyone down or anything, just letting people know what happened to me. Im just trying to give people a heads up as to what they can expect. Things arent the same they were 10+ years ago, where the economy was better, therefore making it easier to move out on your own. Rent was cheaper back then cuz people were buying up houses. Now everyones renting and demand and price has gone up. If anything, you and I, know better than most people replying because we're closer in age to each other.
Once again, im trying to help here and not put anyone down. Not everyone has the same wonderful life...it just sucks knowing people will struggle, rather than stay home, if thats an option, saving money to move out later.  10-12 yrs ago, i would have said if you're 23 or older, you should be outta moms house, but thats not the case now.

Nah, i'm good
laugh.gif

Seriously
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd rather be financially prepared and working a stable job with a good, respectable income when I move out.  Best way to do that is to save up and invest while you're still living with your parents.  Start building up your credit early while you're living with your family so you won't have any problems applying for a mortgage loan in the future.  As long as you're contributing and paying for utilities/bills, it doesn't make you any less of a man if you're living with your parents/family.

Nah, i'm good
laugh.gif

Seriously
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd rather be financially prepared and working a stable job with a good, respectable income when I move out.  Best way to do that is to save up and invest while you're still living with your parents.  Start building up your credit early while you're living with your family so you won't have any problems applying for a mortgage loan in the future.  As long as you're contributing and paying for utilities/bills, it doesn't make you any less of a man if you're living with your parents/family.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

If you attend college then after your degree.

There is absolutely no reason at all why you should be living with your parents after that.

If you don't go to college than probably 21. 

If you just get out of college how the hell are you suppose to move out? with what money? what if you have student loans?

That's why people are struggling now. They have that misconception, thinking they have to move out or they'll be looked at differently. Meanwhile the friend making fun of him is still living at home calling his mom's basement his "apartment".
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

If you attend college then after your degree.

There is absolutely no reason at all why you should be living with your parents after that.

If you don't go to college than probably 21. 

If you just get out of college how the hell are you suppose to move out? with what money? what if you have student loans?

That's why people are struggling now. They have that misconception, thinking they have to move out or they'll be looked at differently. Meanwhile the friend making fun of him is still living at home calling his mom's basement his "apartment".
30t6p3b.gif

heck, speaking on connections, when you do land that good job career, let me know what i have to do to get in the door...
laugh.gif

i'm trying to come up as well.

heck, speaking on connections, when you do land that good job career, let me know what i have to do to get in the door...
laugh.gif

i'm trying to come up as well.

Back
Top Bottom