Niketalk, what's your age limit of being too old to live at home with moms?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

got a divorce, ex-wife has the house. now living with parents since may.

how old are you?

yea this situation def sucks and def happens in the real world.

this chick at my girl job she gettin a divorce and the dude lives downstairs and pays the mortgage note an some rent an she got a new dude is there with her now.
eek.gif
roll.gif
that's old school disrespect right there
I'm 24 and we have a son together

23-24 that one year age window when you grad from college

if you not in school 18. straight up

i moved out at 17, came back at 20 moved back out at 21

I PRAY I NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK

23-24 that one year age window when you grad from college

if you not in school 18. straight up

i moved out at 17, came back at 20 moved back out at 21

I PRAY I NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

If you attend college then after your degree.

There is absolutely no reason at all why you should be living with your parents after that.

If you don't go to college than probably 21. 

If you just get out of college how the hell are you suppose to move out? with what money? what if you have student loans?
laugh.gif

Yeah, just instantly get a job 5 minutes after they hand you your degree. 

Is that what you think I'm saying?
If you didn't have a job lined up before you graduated you either are lazy or have a terrible degree.  Maybe you just want to take some time off, but then you can't use the no money excuse.

There is absolutely no reason at all why you should be living with your parents after that.

If you just get out of college how the hell are you suppose to move out? with what money? what if you have student loans?
laugh.gif

If you didn't have a job lined up before you graduated you either are lazy or have a terrible degree.  Maybe you just want to take some time off, but then you can't use the no money excuse.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

laugh.gif

I 100% disagree with you on that...I graduted this year; I went to a very good college (UCSD), with a very good engineering major, and some of my friends with excellent GPAs (I'm talking 3.7+ in engineering) don't have a job yet because they don't have connections. We've all been looking for jobs since the start of the year or even before.
 That may have been true 5 years ago, but the job market nowadays simply doesn't have enough job openings to accomodate the number of new graduates right away. That's a horrible misjudgment IMO.

laugh.gif

I 100% disagree with you on that...I graduted this year; I went to a very good college (UCSD), with a very good engineering major, and some of my friends with excellent GPAs (I'm talking 3.7+ in engineering) don't have a job yet because they don't have connections. We've all been looking for jobs since the start of the year or even before.
 That may have been true 5 years ago, but the job market nowadays simply doesn't have enough job openings to accomodate the number of new graduates right away. That's a horrible misjudgment IMO.

what does "too old" even mean?  it varies from culture to culture.

in western society moving out of your parents house at a young age is viewed as being and adult and independent, but you can't say for other societies.

some folks move out at 18 because that's whats expected of them, while others can stay for as long as they need to whether it be finishing up with school or saving up for their own place.

put it this way, if you don't have to move out at at such a young age consider that as valuable time for you to better your situation for when that day comes. just remember, mommy isn't going to wipe your butt for you forever so don't take advantage and bum of your parents.

what does "too old" even mean?  it varies from culture to culture.

in western society moving out of your parents house at a young age is viewed as being and adult and independent, but you can't say for other societies.

some folks move out at 18 because that's whats expected of them, while others can stay for as long as they need to whether it be finishing up with school or saving up for their own place.

put it this way, if you don't have to move out at at such a young age consider that as valuable time for you to better your situation for when that day comes. just remember, mommy isn't going to wipe your butt for you forever so don't take advantage and bum of your parents.

Moving out to me is not being able to afford an apt in the hood. So imma wait till I'm financially stable! I got a gov job so imma move out around 25-26 when I'm a GS 11/12 and can afford a decent spot close to the city cause I'm not with a 50mi commute to work.

Moving out to me is not being able to afford an apt in the hood. So imma wait till I'm financially stable! I got a gov job so imma move out around 25-26 when I'm a GS 11/12 and can afford a decent spot close to the city cause I'm not with a 50mi commute to work.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

the reasoning why its okay to live at home is epic, lmaooooooooooo

i dunno man..........i live in CT

i know ppl OLDER than me an im 25 at home...........with college degrees and careers already.

rent isnt cheap out here at all.......................

if youre single and make decent money its still a lot......................some dont wanna pay rent, save up for a house.

i know a dude who was living with a girl but broke up so then he went back to his grandma crib........dude is like 27, its common around my area i guess.

factor in all expenses, car note, food, cell, taxes, bills, loans, i mean......more power to you but i dont see anything wrong with it

......its called sacrafice my man. you dont NEED a car note, and you dont NEED a cell phone bill. but it is possible.

- the problem is cats wanna be comfortable......COMPLETELY comfortable and sacrafice nothing. life just doesnt work that way.

what?! my question is to you. why the hell are you rushing outta ya crib in order to struggle?
I'd rather be stacking money, having my cell phone paid for, have a reliable car then have to STRUGGLE.
some of you guys are trying to justify struggling like you tryna prove something to someone. #%@##

I understand if you get kicked out - FINE.

I understand if you don't get along with parents - FINE.

But to leave your house willingly just because of your EGO and wanting to show people that you can make it? Please...

You guys take that road while I stack my paper til whatever age...Not 30 though 
laugh.gif

i know ppl OLDER than me an im 25 at home...........with college degrees and careers already.

if youre single and make decent money its still a lot......................some dont wanna pay rent, save up for a house.

i know a dude who was living with a girl but broke up so then he went back to his grandma crib........dude is like 27, its common around my area i guess.

factor in all expenses, car note, food, cell, taxes, bills, loans, i mean......more power to you but i dont see anything wrong with it

......its called sacrafice my man. you dont NEED a car note, and you dont NEED a cell phone bill. but it is possible.

- the problem is cats wanna be comfortable......COMPLETELY comfortable and sacrafice nothing. life just doesnt work that way.

what?! my question is to you. why the hell are you rushing outta ya crib in order to struggle?
I'd rather be stacking money, having my cell phone paid for, have a reliable car then have to STRUGGLE.
some of you guys are trying to justify struggling like you tryna prove something to someone. #%@##

But to leave your house willingly just because of your EGO and wanting to show people that you can make it? Please...

laugh.gif

some dudes just go by that "leaving the nest early" thing to show dudes that they have "bigger balls" than other dudes....

its a hell of a bragging right though in this day and age because so many dudes be chiling at moms house.......i could see me throwing it in a girl's face every chance I get

me to tomika: you know I got my own place right?

me to ebony: you know i live by myself? 1 bedroom, studio, nice environment, fluffy carpet

me to vivian: well you know i moved out a loooooong time ago, it's a stuggle but I'm making it......parents you say? what parents? lol, i assure you I live alone.

LMFAO.

some dudes just go by that "leaving the nest early" thing to show dudes that they have "bigger balls" than other dudes....

its a hell of a bragging right though in this day and age because so many dudes be chiling at moms house.......i could see me throwing it in a girl's face every chance I get

me to ebony: you know i live by myself? 1 bedroom, studio, nice environment, fluffy carpet

me to vivian: well you know i moved out a loooooong time ago, it's a stuggle but I'm making it......parents you say? what parents? lol, i assure you I live alone.

LMFAO.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

laugh.gif
yep

laugh.gif
yep

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

First off you don't need connections to get a job, they help but they're not "needed."  Second how is it that you and your friends have graduated from UCSD that rakes in the top 15 schools for engineering with these stellar GPAs but people that I know that graduated from Oregon State that doesn't even rank in the top 50 in engineering all have jobs?  Most searched for them their senior year and had them lined up before they graduated.  Maybe you guys just can't write a resume *shrug*.

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

First off you don't need connections to get a job, they help but they're not "needed."  Second how is it that you and your friends have graduated from UCSD that rakes in the top 15 schools for engineering with these stellar GPAs but people that I know that graduated from Oregon State that doesn't even rank in the top 50 in engineering all have jobs?  Most searched for them their senior year and had them lined up before they graduated.  Maybe you guys just can't write a resume *shrug*.

I'm 23 almost 24 working a regular %#% job and going to school (CC). My folks are happy about me being here so in return I help them out with household things and some groceries every month. As long as you're not a a *!%$@+* bum %#% dude I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind. We're living in tough times. *One thing that does suck about living at home is I can't get any financial aid!

I'm 23 almost 24 working a regular %#% job and going to school (CC). My folks are happy about me being here so in return I help them out with household things and some groceries every month. As long as you're not a a *!%$@+* bum %#% dude I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind. We're living in tough times. *One thing that does suck about living at home is I can't get any financial aid!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

LMFAO.

- you cats really dont get it do you?

- what you call struggling, i call regular life. it has its ups and downs. this? what we are discussing right here has NOTHING to do with bragging or trying to prove something. the feelings yall keep catching over it shows that you just feel inferior to those that have done it.

- im good either way though, .......carry on.
laugh.gif

....my man said struggling. na man, struggling would be panhandling, sleeping in your car, in a house with no heat in the winter. LOL@ struggling being a mere $2,000 reliable car and no cell phone bill
roll.gif
. and you dudes is dead serious too. these cats is straight diva status and have NO PROBLEM with it.
laugh.gif
. but again im good.

- ask your parents how they lived starting out. and them to reflect on their past and how they started. im curious.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

LMFAO.

- you cats really dont get it do you?

- what you call struggling, i call regular life. it has its ups and downs. this? what we are discussing right here has NOTHING to do with bragging or trying to prove something. the feelings yall keep catching over it shows that you just feel inferior to those that have done it.

- im good either way though, .......carry on.
laugh.gif

....my man said struggling. na man, struggling would be panhandling, sleeping in your car, in a house with no heat in the winter. LOL@ struggling being a mere $2,000 reliable car and no cell phone bill
roll.gif
. and you dudes is dead serious too. these cats is straight diva status and have NO PROBLEM with it.
laugh.gif
. but again im good.

- ask your parents how they lived starting out. and them to reflect on their past and how they started. im curious.

- i had to post another
laugh.gif
for the "roughing it" comment.

- MTV Sweet Sixteen got you cats all %#@@%# up. damn you Diddy!

- i had to post another
laugh.gif
for the "roughing it" comment.

- MTV Sweet Sixteen got you cats all %#@@%# up. damn you Diddy!

Back
Top Bottom