NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some of you acting like NT is dying :lol:

Has a platform move here ever left you missing the last platform?

Cool. Interested to see how easy it is to post pix and gifs and stuff.

Post count and reps going over? Dope.
It's already easy, drag and drop 
laugh.gif

Why are some of you acting like NT is dying
laugh.gif

Who doesnt miss Yuku?

Why are some of you acting like NT is dying :lol:

Yes. ezboard to yuku. and ezboard was pretty faulty. but yuku was the worst.

I'm still not sure how NT survived yuku. :lol: It's truly a credit to the community and the mods that it did.

Last edited:
as long as Grizz loses all his reps in the process i'm completely fine with this move.

^ noted

:smh:

meth did say something about it but i forget what exactly. i think they're trying to keep the reps but will have to convert the numbers somehow.

If we were a part of the beta test are we using the new login info we created for it or is it not carrying over?

I'm gonna miss the quirks of this platform
Don't worry, we'll have all new quirks to deal with in a couple of days. 
I never had a problem with NT mobile
mean.gif
Then you never needed to create a classified listing, access account settings (e.g. change your email address), use any post editing tools besides bold, italics, and underline, or report a PM.  (Among other issues.)  

Huddler mobile was a big step forward four years ago, but it was never finished.
Hopefully the mobile platform will be implemented without a standalone app
happy.gif
Yes, the new site features a responsive design that adapts to your display size.  One site, all features, all platforms.  

Will our reps carry over?
Yes.  Reputation scores may vary, however, because the Huddler system doesn't just display your total reputation points awarded.  Those points are "weighted" depending on how many reputation points the user who recommended your post had. 

The new site doesn't treat a moderator or power user's "thumbs up" as 3 times more important.  Your score is the number of recommendations your posts have received, period. 
Cool. Interested to see how easy it is to post pix and gifs and stuff.

Post count and reps going over? Dope.
Posting pictures is a mixed bag to be honest.  On desktop, you can drag and drop - which is great.  

Most users, however, will have an adjustment.  We want to tweak the way image uploads are handled to make them more intuitive.  As it stands, you need to click "upload a file" below the post editor to initiate the process, instead of the more familiar buttons in the editor.  The "picture" icon, for example, is used to insert an image hosted on another site.  Uploading is separate.  

Once uploaded, you then have to insert the image to add it to your post.  That's helpful in some situations - like if you accidentally backspace over your image you don't need to upload it again - but it is an extra step.  

Our test users made the adjustment very quickly, but we are looking at custom development to make it a little more intuitive.
If we were a part of the beta test are we using the new login info we created for it or is it not carrying over?
The test site was a completely separate site.  Nothing from the test site will carry over. 

When the new site is live, you'll just have to sign in using your current NikeTalk account name and password.  It's that simple.  

What are some of the current advantages of the new site? Skimming the thread it seems like with the move the site is shedding features that can only be half implemented on the new site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom