NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'll start using some of the new features but it wasn't difficult for me to switch from mobile to desktop to post various features.

Woooooo can't wait to see the new website-can't wait to see what the mobile site looks like :pimp:

Can I merge my SNs or go back to my banned one with my OG join date?

Last edited:
636050135774397498-151544126_tumblr_inline_nz08ighmA31sfqdgl_500.gif

I wonder if folks are going to give no dambz and wild out before the official move lol

If you change your name, does your post count, and join date remain the same?
My impression is that it would. It would be your same account, just with a different label, kind of like changing your name on twitter.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah... so, remember how I said the announcement was made at the last minute because I didn't want to pump fake everyone?  

QUmfT2.gif

It seems we'll need to push everything back 24 hours.  
mean.gif
  The process will be as described, we just won't go into content lock until it's absolutely necessary.  I know.  

We had an option to place the site in "read only" mode today, but the new site still wouldn't be ready until the 14th.  The whole point is to minimize the impact of the move for NikeTalk community members, so I'd rather look like a fool and change the date at the last minute than keep you all out of your favorite threads for a minute longer than is absolutely necessary. 

So, the revised schedule is as follows:

Today is now more or less a regular day (for those not working on the project, at least.) 

1-2 hours of downtime will now, tomorrow morning, 7/13.

24-36 hours in "read only" mode, where all posting is limited to a special temporary forum, starts immediately thereafter, 7/13.

The new site is now expected to launch on 7/14.  

My apologies for the last minute delay.  I won't bore you with the technical details, but I'm sure you know that we wouldn't take this step unless it were absolutely necessary.  The team is working around the clock to get this done.  
No, banned accounts will remain banned.  Actions still have consequences. 
How does changing your username work?
Awhile back, I posted a screenshot of how this looks on a former Huddler website that re-launched earlier in the year.  It's basically just a selection you make from a menu to perform a one time username change.  

This is needed because we can't, for whatever reason, pull in username formatting.  So, at launch, your account would show as timidtebow and mine as methodical management.  To capitalize them properly, we'd need to manually go in and use the tool to perform the name change.  

As long as we made that option available, though, we figured why not let people change to a completely different account name if they'd like?  Some users have held accounts on NikeTalk for well over a decade and the username they chose for themselves as a teenager no longer reflects who they are as an adult.  

With the new tool, that's a very simple change anyone can handle themselves - but, for sanity, we do limit it to a ONE TIME use per account.  So, when you use it, be absolutely certain you can live with the results when you hit "submit."  

If you change your name, does your post count, and join date remain the same?
My impression is that it would. It would be your same account, just with a different label, kind of like changing your name on twitter.

I could be wrong though.
You're not wrong.  The name change is just a name change, it isn't an account replacement.  All the posts, reps, join date, etc. associated with the previous name remain in place.  It's a purely cosmetic change.  

Yeah... so, remember how I said the announcement was made at the last minute because I didn't want to pump fake everyone?  

QUmfT2.gif

It seems we'll need to push everything back 24 hours.  
mean.gif
  The process will be as described, we just won't go into content lock until it's absolutely necessary.  I know.  

We had an option to place the site in "read only" mode today, but the new site still wouldn't be ready until the 14th.  The whole point is to minimize the impact of the move for NikeTalk community members, so I'd rather look like a fool and change the date at the last minute than keep you all out of your favorite threads for a minute longer than is absolutely necessary. 

Today is now more or less a regular day (for those not working on the project, at least.) 

24-36 hours in "read only" mode, where all posting is limited to a special temporary forum, starts immediately thereafter, 7/13.

My apologies for the last minute delay.  I won't bore you with the technical details, but I'm sure you know that we wouldn't take this step unless it were absolutely necessary.  The team is working around the clock to get this done.  
It's all good, ish happens.  We've waited this long, what's 2 more days?  Thanks for the continued updates.

Will our reps carry over?
Yes.  Reputation scores may vary, however, because the Huddler system doesn't just display your total reputation points awarded.  Those points are "weighted" depending on how many reputation points the user who recommended your post had. 

The new site doesn't treat a moderator or power user's "thumbs up" as 3 times more important.  Your score is the number of recommendations your posts have received, period. 
Gonna be funny to see some people wondering where their reps went when they "lose" hundreds or even thousands 
laugh.gif

QUmfT2.gif

It seems we'll need to push everything back 24 hours.  :smh:   The process will be as described, we just won't go into content lock until it's absolutely necessary.  I know.  

No, banned accounts will remain banned.  Actions still have consequences. 

How does changing your username work?

Awhile back, I posted a screenshot of how this looks on a former Huddler website that re-launched earlier in the year.  It's basically just a selection you make from a menu to perform a one time username change.  

This is needed because we can't, for whatever reason, pull in username formatting.  So, at launch, your account would show as timidtebow and mine as methodical management.  To capitalize them properly, we'd need to manually go in and use the tool to perform the name change.  

As long as we made that option available, though, we figured why not let people change to a completely different account name if they'd like?  Some users have held accounts on NikeTalk for well over a decade and the username they chose for themselves as a teenager no longer reflects who they are as an adult.  

With the new tool, that's a very simple change anyone can handle themselves - but, for sanity, we do limit it to a ONE TIME use per account.  So, when you use it, be absolutely certain you can live with the results when you hit "submit."  

its all good bruh :pimp:

as long as the move is done correctly, were gonna be happy.

better to have the kinks and stuff sorted out now instead of moving over and having the forum down because of issues on a daily basis

[thread="660120"]Quote:[/thread]

Will our reps carry over?

Yes.  Reputation scores may vary, however, because the Huddler system doesn't just display your total reputation points awarded.  Those points are "weighted" depending on how many reputation points the user who recommended your post had. 

The new site doesn't treat a moderator or power user's "thumbs up" as 3 times more important.  Your score is the number of recommendations your posts have received, period. 

Gonna be funny to see some people wondering where their reps went when they "lose" hundreds or even thousands :lol:

People actually pay attention or care about reps? :lol:

I thought people just like thumbing up posts but didn't know people cared about the actual rep number :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom