NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read back but I can't be the o let one with thousands of PMs right now? Looks like every single PM every transferred over

Yea the new rep system has to go lol.

It wasn't a bad idea but I don't think it's a good one

Came in here to post this. Now I'm all set with the new NT.

That seems like it only works when there's an unread post though. If I read all the posts jump out the thread and click the title it takes me back to the OP
Yeah clicking the title when you have no unread posts goes to the first page. I guess we just have to get used to clicking the page number once it pops up as you hover over the thread.

Yea the new rep system has to go lol.

It wasn't a bad idea but I don't think it's a good one
What's different about it? :nerd:

^ Ah okay. Didn't realize that.

Something that's useful that might be overlooked by people is setting your Preferences/Alert Preferences. In my Preferences I turned off everything that would send me an email. Then in Alert Preferences I set it to only "Alert" me (top right corner of the page when you hover over your avatar thumbnail) when someone quotes or @'s me. That way I only see "Important" things in that alert box.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.48.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.44.37 AM.png
(Click to enlarge)

Not just that but less reps or even none will be given for controversial topics...the support for opinions won't be there. The new system was put in place to see WHO was repping certain things but now those guys simply won't show support.
Think about threads like abortion..... Will probably not change but it's the only new aspect that i think is not an improvement.

This has probably been addressed, but it would be convenient if all of the sub-forums would drop down when I hover my mouse over "FORUMS" on the top bar, just like on the old NT.

Thank you to Methodical Management Methodical Management and the rest of the NT staff for all the hard work, new site is great!

There's pros and cons to making reps anonymous.

Ultimately I don't think it's that big of a deal either way. I'm fine with doing away with reps completely.

I figure the system now is like quoting a post and saying, "cosign" or "i agree" or whatever, but now you can just click a button instead.

I like the new rep system, more transparency. On the old NT, I found myself telling people I repped certain posts. Now I don't have to.

I lurk a lot of threads without every posting and would rep often.

BTW whats up with the profanity. I'm seeing a lot of words that would be censored in the previous NT compared to this one. Are we allowed to curse now? I really liked that we had to censor our words and be careful of getting a warning.

Oh and I miss the whole 'a leading voice' or 'Niketalk Legend' or 'rising leader in the community' when you look at the rep.

I think everyone needs to calm down, yes all these little issues are annoying but a move this big which has taken quite awhile especially for a forum this big. No one should have expected it to go smoothly or perfect because ill assume that would be impossible. Everyone just calm down, knowing meth he's reading all these complaints and working on it as we speak. He won't let anyone down and wants this site to run perfectly like you all expect it to.

Dont worry

I lurk a lot of threads without every posting and would rep often.

BTW whats up with the profanity. I'm seeing a lot of words that would be censored in the previous NT compared to this one. Are we allowed to curse now? I really liked that we had to censor our words and be careful of getting a warning.

Just report the post and the mods will clean up the post. The filter isn't in place yet from what I know, but the rules still apply, no profanity.

Fair enough, I'm on a iPhone 5, which shares the same screen as the iPhone 5S and iPhone SE, which I would argue are very popular phones.

Reducing the padding would probably be an ok compromise.

I dunno if you already tweaked it or not, or my brain just getting used to the current layout, but it's already looking better.
The iPhone 5 was and is an incredibly popular phone that came out in 2012. It's been discontinued for four years. If Huddler used the best selling phone from five years ago when designing their mobile site in 2012, they'd be optimizing it for a Nokia 6500.

150px-Nokia6600.png

Aren't you glad they used your then new iPhone 5 as the target back then instead?

The idea is to make sure that the mobile site is fully compatible with as many devices as possible - but if you don't make the target current then it's going to feel dated in a hurry.

Methodical Management Methodical Management Meth these emails are brutal. I unsubbed from everything. How do I stop this.

You probably unselected the option that automatically subscribes you to posts you've replied to, etc. That affects threads you post in moving forward. It does not retroactively disable all existing subscriptions.

Within each email, there's an unsubscribe link. However, there is a faster way to remove subscriptions. It relates to the following inquiry:

What is the point of the checkboxes next to the thread titles in your 'watched' section?

If i go to watched, and then at the bottom hit see more or whatever, it gives me a list and a check box by every thread.

First, for those who are unaware and are asking how to view ALL current subscriptions, not just those with new posts, I'd like to call your attention to the "view more" link:
Show-All-Watched.gif

This will show all of your subscriptions. I think this is arguably the better default behavior, so perhaps we can find a way to make it easier to access.

Once you're there, you will see a checkbox next to every thread - and they're very useful when you want to unsubscribe:

Unsubscribe.gif

As you can see, with these checkboxes you can receive or disable email subscriptions in bulk. You can also stop subscribing to selected threads if you wish.

So, if you feel you're getting too many emails from subscribed threads, just follow the above steps and you can remove your email subscriptions twenty at a time, not one at a time.

How can we FULLY delete pm's?
Per the PM guide, a conversation can't be fully deleted until all participants leave the conversation.

I think everyone needs to calm down, yes all these little issues are annoying but a move this big which has taken quite awhile especially for a forum this big. No one should have expected it to go smoothly or perfect because ill assume that would be impossible. Everyone just calm down, knowing meth he's reading all these complaints and working on it as we speak. He won't let anyone down and wants this site to run perfectly like you all expect it to.

Dont worry

I agree 100 percent. Things take time and Meth and the team haven't let me down in all my years of being on NT. Props to you for making this post.

its really not that serious... the rep system is still there its not like they took it away completely... now its just no longer anonymous

not sure if it was addressed, but do y'all know if we'll be getting the notification bar at the bottom back for new posts once the dust settles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom