*~*~Niketalk x South By Southwest 2011. March 19, 2011. Need a list of those attending!!!~*~*

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

ciph4 and I were discussing on Twitter last night the hotel situation and he noted that local hotel/motel owners raise their prices for this event. Its still months away but should we plan on booking rooms on a group basis? Again, we don't have to have an answer for this now but as the new year approaches it should be something that we consider if we want to be where the action is. I really don't mind staying 15-20 minutes away if we can save money. 

man, honestly, renting a house might be the best idea, as long as everyone is willing to deal with each other
laugh.gif

there's gonna be soo many people that we would need a lot of hotel rooms, and we can definitely save if we had a rental...

ciph4 and I were discussing on Twitter last night the hotel situation and he noted that local hotel/motel owners raise their prices for this event. Its still months away but should we plan on booking rooms on a group basis? Again, we don't have to have an answer for this now but as the new year approaches it should be something that we consider if we want to be where the action is. I really don't mind staying 15-20 minutes away if we can save money. 

man, honestly, renting a house might be the best idea, as long as everyone is willing to deal with each other
laugh.gif

there's gonna be soo many people that we would need a lot of hotel rooms, and we can definitely save if we had a rental...

started looking into it...i found a 12 person waterfront house for $400 a night...that's GOTTA be cheaper than a hotel, and it's a WATERFRONT BIG $@+ HOUSE

started looking into it...i found a 12 person waterfront house for $400 a night...that's GOTTA be cheaper than a hotel, and it's a WATERFRONT BIG $@+ HOUSE

If anything is needed from me, let me know. I'll be glad to help. Maybe we should set up a NT chat online somewhere around the end of the year ...

If anything is needed from me, let me know. I'll be glad to help. Maybe we should set up a NT chat online somewhere around the end of the year ...

Rent a house and there's gonna be one shiesty NTer who robs everybody of their kicks
laugh.gif

Really though, if you like music, you'll like SXSW.

Rent a house and there's gonna be one shiesty NTer who robs everybody of their kicks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

It comes out to $33.33 per person/night. How many bathrooms in the house?
laugh.gif
at the thought of 12 !@@+#* waiting to use one bathroom.

Sounds like a plan.

laugh.gif

*packs Spongebob Dub-Zeros*

Originally Posted by johngotty

laugh.gif

at least i won't have to worry, all i'll be bringing is a pair of chucks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by johngotty

laugh.gif

at least i won't have to worry, all i'll be bringing is a pair of chucks
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan.

laugh.gif

3 bathrooms.

laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan.

laugh.gif

3 bathrooms.

laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan.

laugh.gif

3 bathrooms.

Dope. A flight from NYC to Austin is $300 before taxes and fees and at $33/night, I'll end up spending about $600. Not too bad.

laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan.

laugh.gif

3 bathrooms.

Dope. A flight from NYC to Austin is $300 before taxes and fees and at $33/night, I'll end up spending about $600. Not too bad.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

what does Southwest have to do with this trip?? if its what I'm thinking.. im involved.

I think you might be confused, South By Southwest/SXSW is a tech/film/music festival that takes place every March in Austin. 
As far as the house deal, see if you can lock that rate in with a deposit/contract because most hotels around downtown and sublets all increase their prices during ACL & SXSW.

Back
Top Bottom