NikeTalk's Avy Tutorials vol. Yuku -- Tutorials for Ulead & PS CS3 & Flash (No 56k)

to make effects on the Text, use add Banner Text. and go to effects. there are many options, check enter and leave. u can use drop in, fade in,fade out, Uhave to set frame control and legnth to your liking also. I used to use em but it adds too much weight to the avy the longer u stretch it thru out your avy.PS. Im not about to make screen caps like Paul did
laugh.gif

good lookin out, but I was actually wondering about fading the entire picture to black. fading in and fading out, not the borders.
<< ===== like how my avy fadess into a different scene?
U have to go to video f/x, and u can do it by each frame

Im at work right now but i'll explain it better later.

pimp.gif

Iight, so I guess I'll finally explain how I get my text effects.
laugh.gif

I can't really go into depth right now since I'm at school, but I'll post the info in here later in the afternoon.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

good lookin out, but I was actually wondering about fading the entire picture to black. fading in and fading out, not the borders. do you know how to do that?

edit: here's an example of how it fades in and out...
babe3sk2.gif
Yo, fading like this?

fxe6vc.gif

or

14jangh.gif

You'd have to go and mess around with the "Transparency" settings in "Object Properties". I'll go in detail later... but can'tright now because I'm at school. I faded my text and pictures, and to fade the whole avy you'd pretty much take the same steps.

Yo DUB, when you tell us how to do those effects, I'll edit my thread and add you to the tutorial. Anddon't worry, I'll give you credit for contributing to the thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

good lookin out, but I was actually wondering about fading the entire picture to black. fading in and fading out, not the borders. do you know how to do that?

edit: here's an example of how it fades in and out...
babe3sk2.gif
Yo, fading like this?

fxe6vc.gif

or

14jangh.gif

You'd have to go and mess around with the "Transparency" settings in "Object Properties". I'll go in detail later... but can't right now because I'm at school. I faded my text and pictures, and to fade the whole avy you'd pretty much take the same steps.

Yo DUB, when you tell us how to do those effects, I'll edit my thread and add you to the tutorial. And don't worry, I'll give you credit for contributing to the thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah, exactly like that. I look forward to the tutorial
tongue.gif
appreciate it

Okay here we go. This is a tutorial on how to do text effects like spinning, and enlarging.

1.) The first step is to make sure and copy your text at its full scale.

i51vyo.jpg

2.) Next, take your text and use the
saxv5z.jpg
tool to shrink it down to a very small size.

33nc0zr.jpg

3.) In the top left of the screen you should see this tool
23tsbut.jpg
. Use it to rotate your text.

4.) Now go to the next frame, and paste your previously copied text. Repeat steps 1 & 2, but this time make your text slightly larger, and at a differentangle. Continue this process until your text is at full scale.

207u64o.jpg

Your final product should look similar to this:

ccb25c449ea855d44910e51035648c954978d70.gif

I tried my best, so hopefully I made sense.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by DUB 253

i51vyo.jpg

Why don't you use Flash? Looks like you have the Designer Collection on your desktop.

I'm learning how to use it right now with web publishing. I didn't even think to use it for avys until I found out you did.
laugh.gif

i51vyo.jpg

Why don't you use Flash? Looks like you have the Designer Collection on your desktop.

I'm learning how to use it right now with web publishing. I didn't even think to use it for avys until I found out you did.
laugh.gif

For real. I was working on some flash animations a couple years ago, and suddenly, almost as an epiphany, I thought.. "wait a minute.. what if I madethe canvas 60x60?" The rest is what people would call, NT history.

I'm still trying to learn the "advanced" material (non-avy use), but it pushes me to learn code.. which I absolutely hate, but need to do thereally awesome looking stuff.

Anyways, I always assumed you used some Flash because the effect you make are "flash-like." Nice job on the tutorial.

i use to use flash to make avys on another forum
they would be clips from music videos with a play , stop and restart button but i forgot how to
laugh.gif

i never learned how to make avys with it tho
smh.gif

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

i use to use flash to make avys on another forum
they would be clips from music videos with a play , stop and restart button but i forgot how to
laugh.gif

i never learned how to make avys with it tho
smh.gif

That's actually the same degree of difficulty (if not more) than making a simple avatar.

Just import a video into flash, export as a gif, re-import the gif (so that individual frames show up), delete frames, add a border, add text, add somemotion tweens, and viola! Okay, there's a little bit more to it, but not really anything as difficult as what you guys are doing now with ULead. Flashreally gives you unlimited flexibility and no limitations, but the actual application isn't difficult.

And once I get my Mac Pro, I'll put together a simple tutorial for the few that want it. But really, after messing with flash for a week, you shouldhave a good idea how to apply it to avatars.

i51vyo.jpg

laugh.gif

For real. I was working on some flash animations a couple years ago, and suddenly, almost as an epiphany, I thought.. "wait a minute.. what if I made the canvas 60x60?" The rest is what people would call, NT history.

I'm still trying to learn the "advanced" material (non-avy use), but it pushes me to learn code.. which I absolutely hate, but need to do the really awesome looking stuff.

Anyways, I always assumed you used some Flash because the effect you make are "flash-like." Nice job on the tutorial.

sick.gif
I hate coding too... I took a year long Computer Science class last year, and Ihated it. Good thing the guy who sat by me knew what the hell he was doing.
laugh.gif

I'm definitely gonna start using Flash now. Vector Graphics ftw.
pimp.gif

avy check
grin.gif

ill make a tutorial for it this weekend if anyone is interested (photoshop was used btw)
i was gonna have it fade in and out but i got lazy
laugh.gif

ill save that for another day

Back
Top Bottom