• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now you’re saying they’re not making great 1st party games?

C’mon man, bias aside that’s a pretty hot take :lol:

And the Switch far and away appeals to more people and audiences than the PS4/Xbox does

I think you’re applying your specific opinion to the masses a little to hard
hold on. to be clear...
my opinion is that right now Nintendo should focus less on gimmicks and more on making a great system that appeals to the masses. its ok to embrace hardcore gamers...its sad that it took this long for Nintendo to realize that. IMO from 64 (where they lost a lot of third party support)-wiiu Nintendo has not been concerned about third party games and it shows. the switch is a step in the right direction but more can be done.

but its facts that the game shifted once psx dropped. period. no revisionist history can replace reality on this. google, youtube, old video game magazines and first hand testimonies are what they are. I understand a lot of you loved the 64 but sony took over that top spot and it wasn't even close.
we aren't going to sit here and pretend like tekken 3, ffVII, etc. weren't big deals.
as much as majoras mask and all that were great they weren't ffvii. fmv's changed the game. period.

from 64 on Nintendo was looked at as (even more) a kid's system.
psx had platformers (crash 2)
fighting games (all the decent Capcom, Namco games)
rpgs (square's entire lineup at this time like tactics, ffvii, ffix, chrono cross, parasite eve, etc. plus persona 2, lunar silver star story dropped on psx...what else...brave fencer musashi, wild arms, breath of fire III, etc. etc.)
sports, puzzle games, etc.
grand turismo, ridge racer, destruction derby, twisted metal, all that

Nintendo had their own titles and hardly any third party support which meant you weren't playing fighting games that were worthwhile, your rpg lineup was tridash, etc.
sports games were lacking (enjoy your wcw vs nwo I guess)

and again, that was a game changer for most ppl.
and again and again with gamecube, wii and wiiu.

Last edited:
Ps1 was better than Nintendo but that doesn’t mean Nintendo flopped with the 64. That just goes to show how good the competition was during the time. Wii U is a flop

It took me several tries, but I beat your level.
Appreciate the attempts! That was the 2nd level I’ve messed with, this is addicting and fun.

I think the other course I posted is a little bit more challenging.

J22-YX2-8VF

Last edited:
debso debso good point with being the "kids system," but I'd definitely say the Wii was an adult system. I feel like Nintendo focused on those who grew up play NES and SNES with the Virtual Console, but then appealed to adults with the Wii Sports and other motion control games. Those were definitely premier games at house party drinking games in my late teens and early 20s. Plus I believe they were the first to adapt Netflix as well.

Obviously, the Home Theater set ups that many of us used at that time were powered by PS or XB though due to the Blu Ray/DVD and image quality.

fwiw I owned all of these systems (nes all the way to switch). wii u is worth twice what it originally went for for Mario maker and 3d world alone IMO.
Nintendo's titles are always worth buying a system for. I just wish they would crush these ***** out here.

Bought my son the switch for Christmas and I find myself playing it far more than my PS4 now :lol:

Just had to replace the joy-con tho. Low key upsetting

Bought my son the switch for Christmas and I find myself playing it far more than my PS4 now :lol:

Just had to replace the joy-con tho. Low key upsetting
the switch pro controller is the best controller on the market...if you don't already have one i'd get that.

3D World is the single greatest Mario title ever not named The Thousand Year Door
on GOD.
no 3d world slander will be tolerated.

its literally the game I imagined creating as a kid after playing through smb3 and watching the cartoon.

i'm more of a smrpg guy tho but i'd take a ttyd sequel.

the switch pro controller is the best controller on the market...if you don't already have one i'd get that.

on GOD.
no 3d world slander will be tolerated.

its literally the game I imagined creating as a kid after playing through smb3 and watching the cartoon.

i'm more of a smrpg guy tho but i'd take a ttyd sequel.
I’m stuck in my ways bro and a sucker for nostalgia. I rarely want things I love to change. SMB3 and SMW are ranked 1a and 1b for me as far as Mario games. 3D World is too different. I never understood the comparisons. I think the “3D” aspect of that game is what I dislike the most. Give me a straight simple side scroller with player 1 as Mario, player 2 as Luigi. To hell with all this friendly co-op, 4 players on the screen nonsense. If my son wants to play with me, he can wait his turn just like we did on SMW. You either wait until I die, or beat the level :lol: if you run out of lives, maybe I’ll spare you one or two lives (probably not though). We competitive around here, ain’t no teams in Mario bruh. First one to make it to the castle and beat it, is the winner :smokin

Man with Square supporting Nintendo a lot now, they really should link up for SMRPG 2. I tried a few Paper games and didn’t like the one(s) I played. Didn’t even come close to RPG. RPG OST is straight fire too.

81B97D25-D6B1-4373-92B6-2F28FFAC9728.jpeg

Seen this on reddit just a mock-up but I think it looks cool

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the white buttons and white dpad on the Switch Lites. Kinda sucks that they want you to use separate joy cons for certain games, but don't give you table top abilities.

Back
Top Bottom