• None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SmartSelect_20220101-200448_Chrome.jpg

Only thing I played last year :lol:

So I’m back. I bought my son a switch lol. Might make some more Mario maker 2 levels...

I went back and played yoshis crafted world with him...this time around I finished the game and got most of the flowers. It wasn’t as boring since I’m using it to teach him how to play platformers and mellow mode helped him understand the concept of hovering a little better as well as how hard it can be the collect things in levels. The music is still trash and I don’t know if it’s the backgrounds or what but the game seems sparse as far as enemy placement/things to do.

Some of the later levels and boss fights were kinda dope tho. The piranha planet and train boss fights were flames. Bowser wasn’t bad either.
They could have done so much more if they’d give us a yoshis Island game like wooly world, Island or something similar to new super Mario Bros u in difficulty, music and creativeness with the platforming. Before I would have given this game like a 2. Now I feel like it’s a 5.5 or so out of 10. Yoshis speed could have been increased 25%, music is trash, gameplay is relatively decent but a step back from WW. Boss fights are ok but the music really takes away from them and most are easy. Burt could have been way better. Wooly world was like an 8.5 out of 10 and yoshis Island a 10 out of 10.

I’m playing Mario odyssey again too. I wasn’t feeling this game initially (when it first came out) but after playing through galaxy recently I appreciate it more and don’t mind the bigger emphasis on collecting as much and my son is decent at it.

Any recommendations for him? He’s only 4.
He thinks he wants to play dkc but he’s not ready for that smoke lol. We’ll go back to smb1-world before I teach him dkc1-3 and tropical freeze. I wish they’d make a dkc returns port.

He has sonic mania. He’s good at sonic 1-3&knuckles (can beat most of the stages on his own but isn’t able to get any chaos emeralds yet) and we played through most of sonic mania before playing and beating crafted worldand olaying odyssey.

Last edited:
So I’m back. I bought my son a switch lol. Might make some more Mario maker 2 levels...

I went back and played yoshis crafted world with him...this time around I finished the game and got most of the flowers. It wasn’t as boring since I’m using it to teach him how to play platformers and mellow mode helped him understand the concept of hovering a little better as well as how hard it can be the collect things in levels. The music is still trash and I don’t know if it’s the backgrounds or what but the game seems sparse as far as enemy placement/things to do.

Some of the later levels and boss fights were kinda dope tho. The piranha planet and train boss fights were flames. Bowser wasn’t bad either.
They could have done so much more if they’d give us a yoshis Island game like wooly world, Island or something similar to new super Mario Bros u in difficulty, music and creativeness with the platforming. Before I would have given this game like a 2. Now I feel like it’s a 5.5 or so out of 10. Yoshis speed could have been increased 25%, music is trash, gameplay is relatively decent but a step back from WW. Boss fights are ok but the music really takes away from them and most are easy. Burt could have been way better. Wooly world was like an 8.5 out of 10 and yoshis Island a 10 out of 10.

I’m playing Mario odyssey again too. I wasn’t feeling this game initially (when it first came out) but after playing through galaxy recently I appreciate it more and don’t mind the bigger emphasis on collecting as much and my son is decent at it.

Any recommendations for him? He’s only 4.
He thinks he wants to play dkc but he’s not ready for that smoke lol. We’ll go back to smb1-world before I teach him dkc1-3 and tropical freeze. I wish they’d make a dkc returns port.

He has sonic mania. He’s good at sonic 1-3&knuckles (can beat most of the stages on his own but isn’t able to get any chaos emeralds yet) and we played through most of sonic mania before playing and beating crafted worldand olaying odyssey.
My 4-year old loves Odyssey and 3D World…

I haven’t branched out too much further than that. Started him on Mario Kart recently and he ebbs and flows with how much he enjoys it. Gets frustrated.

If your parents play video games, I can see you playing at a young age. My kids probably have controllers in their hands since they were toddlers. My 7 year old probably beat his first game, LEGO Ninjago, when he was about 5. He’s 7 now and playing Madden :rofl:

That ign list is horrendous :lol: no donkey country returns or tropical freeze, mega man x, sf 4, marvel vs capcom 2 amongst other notable omissions. Disco Elysium in the top 10:lol:

Back
Top Bottom