• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn 4yr olds playing video games on their own correctly? I would think they’re just button mashing and not play the objective right lol
I actually started playing video games at age 4 when I got an nes for Christmas.
Lol my first few games were Mario/duck hunt, river city ransom and chip n dale rescue rangers. Good times.

Thinking about that took me back. I remember looking in the jcpenny and sears Christmas catalogs at **** like turbo grafix, sega genesis, etc. and playing double dragon, bubble bobble, etc.

JCPenny Christmas catalogs were legendary in the 90’s. We would just circle everything we wanted to make it easy for mom and pop. Still remember getting DKC2 and Yoshi’s Island for Christmas, didn’t come out the room for the rest of the day.

Capture.PNG

Yeah, if BOTW 2 could come out this year, that would be great.

I definitely think it’s possible to make a better dkc game than tropical freeze...for me it's called dkc 2. I would rather have a 2d dkc game that brings the kremlings and k rool back and one that goes back to the jungles, mountains, factories and ruins of dkc 1 and maybe the beehives, ships, etc. from dkc 2.

Hopefully diddy loses the backpack. Dkc’s charm for me is the fact that it keeps it OG. I wish the yoshis Island team would follow suit.

FWIW tropical freeze was another game that I wasn’t feeling initially (I’ve never played returns but 100%ed dkc1-3). I’m going to run through it again sometime after my son and I finish odyssey (we are over halfway through the luncheon kingdom right now). I’m hoping my opinion changes like it did with yoshis crafted world and Mario odyssey.

I think the next game my son and I play together will be 3D world. I recently 100%ed but I sold my original switch so I don’t have that save data anymore. :frown:

Last edited:
^I haven’t felt any of the post-snes DKC’s. I picked up the one on Wii whenever that came out and the platforming felt too easy. Never played TF but it looks like more of the same tbh. The Yoshi’s island for DS stayed true to the og formula, solid game. Nintendo is dropping the ball leaving all these games from previous gens abandoned. I seriously doubt they’re making more money off this subscription crap vs selling the games straight as Roms on their virtual consoles. I’d pay $15-20 to have Yoshi’s island ds on switch right now.

Tropical Freeze is really an almost perfect game. But I too would love to see the Kremlings and King K Rool return.

So I’m at the bowser part in darker side of the moon...

When I had this game before I didn’t get the 500 moons needed to unlock this level. This time around, after 100%ing 3D world, beating Mario Galaxy for the switch (I didn’t cop a Wii...I bought a wiiu and a few games as a gift for my ex’s son and played it a lil bit to start him off but never finished it) the last level is pretty simple tbh. It doesn’t feel like the level is as long as champions road but I could be wrong. It’s def not as intense...but it’s still cool.

I think now I can honestly say that odyssey is a dope game but it’s just not as good as galaxy or 3D world but mario’s movement is def the best it’s been and I like the costume aspect. They should keep those two things. They should keep NPC characters and towns and all that in future sandbox Mario games too and they should have a playable mushroom kingdom again moving forward.

3D world and odyssey have better soundtracks by far and better levels. 3D world has the best postgame in Mario IMO although the special world in Smw and the two levels with the spikes pendulums in nsmbu and Luigi u will always be great to me.

My list didn’t really change but I have way more of an appreciation for Mario odyssey. Cappy better return. We really do need a sequel to it...but I also would like to see galaxy 3 and 3D world 2.

3D world
Galaxy
Odyssey
Sunshine

I haven’t played galaxy 2 yet but I’m hoping for a port on the switch or for it to be in the eshop.

Also nunchuck controls in galaxy didn’t bother me like I thought it would. It was actually flames.

So I’m at the bowser part in darker side of the moon...

When I had this game before I didn’t get the 500 moons needed to unlock this level. This time around, after 100%ing 3D world, beating Mario Galaxy for the switch (I didn’t cop a Wii...I bought a wiiu and a few games as a gift for my ex’s son and played it a lil bit to start him off but never finished it) the last level is pretty simple tbh. It doesn’t feel like the level is as long as champions road but I could be wrong. It’s def not as intense...but it’s still cool.

I think now I can honestly say that odyssey is a dope game but it’s just not as good as galaxy or 3D world but mario’s movement is def the best it’s been and I like the costume aspect. They should keep those two things. They should keep NPC characters and towns and all that in future sandbox Mario games too and they should have a playable mushroom kingdom again moving forward.

3D world and odyssey have better soundtracks by far and better levels. 3D world has the best postgame in Mario IMO although the special world in Smw and the two levels with the spikes pendulums in nsmbu and Luigi u will always be great to me.

My list didn’t really change but I have way more of an appreciation for Mario odyssey. Cappy better return. We really do need a sequel to it...but I also would like to see galaxy 3 and 3D world 2.

3D world
Galaxy
Odyssey
Sunshine

I haven’t played galaxy 2 yet but I’m hoping for a port on the switch or for it to be in the eshop.

Also nunchuck controls in galaxy didn’t bother me like I thought it would. It was actually flames.
You’ll really like Galaxy 2 if you play it. It has more creative levels and more post-game stars rather than just playing the levels the same as Luigi in Galaxy 1. Yoshi was a nice addition too. The final perfect run level is pretty difficult.

Last edited:
^I haven’t felt any of the post-snes DKC’s. I picked up the one on Wii whenever that came out and the platforming felt too easy. Never played TF but it looks like more of the same tbh. The Yoshi’s island for DS stayed true to the og formula, solid game. Nintendo is dropping the ball leaving all these games from previous gens abandoned. I seriously doubt they’re making more money off this subscription crap vs selling the games straight as Roms on their virtual consoles. I’d pay $15-20 to have Yoshi’s island ds on switch right now.
Tropical freeze was pretty difficult when I copped it for the wiiu years ago. There was a lot of trial and error. And since I didn’t cop a Wii or dkc returns I had to get used to dk and diddy’s changes.This time around I’m going to 100% it.

I got Tropical Freeze for one of my holiday pickups. Haven’t played too much of it yet but DKC is definitely more difficult than I remember it being

I honestly want all of those SNES great games to go on and commit to 3D like Mario has done. These advanced consoles kinda demand it.

DK, Yoshi, Luigi, Wario, etc. I love the 2D but I feel like the best has been done.

It's why I'm definitely getting that new Kirby game.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. I don’t see why we can’t have both. One thing about 2D Mario that needs to go is how the characters “float” when you jump. That trash is annoying as hell and makes Mario feel slow, imo.

I have to disagree. I don’t see why we can’t have both. One thing about 2D Mario that needs to go is how the characters “float” when you jump. That trash is annoying as hell and makes Mario feel slow, imo.
Well I mean it works for Mario cuz it's Mario. He has several franchises just with his name running from 2D to 3D.

I'm not saying do away with 2D games but I don't know if DK can manage an ongoing 2D series and 3D let alone Yoshi.

The DKC games don’t miss though. I could see if they were mediocre and there’s was a desire to reinvent the franchise but their last release was so good.

The most frustrating part of being a switch owner is the fact that the games hardly go on sale. There’s a lot of games I wanna play but don’t wanna pay 40-50 bucks for stuff that came out 3 to 4 years ago. Mario Odyssey and TF still being $40 and $50 respectfully is absurd given how old they are.

The most frustrating part of being a switch owner is the fact that the games hardly go on sale. There’s a lot of games I wanna play but don’t wanna pay 40-50 bucks for stuff that came out 3 to 4 years ago. Mario Odyssey and TF still being $40 and $50 respectfully is absurd given how old they are.
Tinfoil :wink:

I joined the party too late. I might make it my priority to sell mine and buy a older hackable switch. Already have a 3ds with custom firmware, but a switch would be so much more relevant. That’s about to be my next move.

The DKC games don’t miss though. I could see if they were mediocre and there’s was a desire to reinvent the franchise but their last release was so good.
Guess they need competition then cuz just resting on good enough doesn't allow for innovation.

Back
Top Bottom