• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there really a bias because it wasn’t developed in Japan??? Tropical freeze is amazing to me. Tf and super meat boy are my favorite modern platformers but mega man x is my goat. Dkc2 >>> SMW both 10/10 tho.

Idk. Maybe. I suppose you could include Rare in that, because people say those games are better than TF when they just have better music.

I agree with Super Meat Boy. That game is flawless.

Dkc 1 and 2 > tropical freeze because of the controls and the soundtrack alone.

I don’t have a clear winner for goat platformer of all time but I feel like it’s between dkc2, yoshis Island (Snes), smb3, and smw. Sonic 2 and sonic 3 are in the convo as well.

I’d add 3D world and wooly world to that list as well.

Idk. Maybe. I suppose you could include Rare in that, because people say those games are better than TF when they just have better music.

I agree with Super Meat Boy. That game is flawless.
The controls in dkc tropical freeze feel so sluggish and trash compared to dkc 1-3.

The first two games have far better soundtracks. In tropical freeze there isnt a single original track other than the song that plays during (I think) 6-6 and any other level that has the same track that is on par with the songs in dkc1 and 2. The songs ppl love in tropical freeze are remixes of the songs in dkc1 and 2 and those games did the songs better IMO. The animal buddies made for a better experience too. The gameplay is better in the old games because it feels better due to the controls.

The difficulty level ppl either love or hate in tropical freeze is solely due to the trash controls IMO. Levels like bopopolis would be *easy* but way better with dkc 2 controls.

Trial and error every other level isn’t fun. It just feels like dkc2 was organically difficult and was a skill thing and tropical freeze 2 is artificially difficult. I’m probably not explaining it correctly tho.

Oh and the gimmicks with diddy/Dixie/cranky/funky. Eh.
The ability to switch between characters was better in dkc1 and 2.
Donkey, Diddy and Dixie played far better in the first two games. Etc. It’s not even a question or a debate for me.

Anyone playing Fall Guys?

Played a bunch of games with some friends online while they were on PC and XSX. Thought it was pretty fun. I noticed I did get disconnected maybe like 1/4 of the games while they didn't experience any disconnecting.

I low key forgot about Yoshi’s Island. That game is another masterpiece. I agree with DKC 1&2 > TF. As much I like Sonic 2&3, I don’t think they come close to SMW, SMB3, or DKC 1&2. Those games are all S-tier whereas Sonic 2&3 would fall into that B-tier category, for me.

Gotta expand yall palate beyond collecting stars & the boss being a dragon turtle all the time.

I own one of the collections for Mega Man. My problem with Mega Man 1 was how unresponsive the controls feel. It seems like the difficulty comes from that and it’s stiffness as opposed to an actual challenging game. If I don’t best MM, I don’t think my mental will allow me to play its sequel :lol:

I own one of the collections for Mega Man. My problem with Mega Man 1 was how unresponsive the controls feel. It seems like the difficulty comes from that and it’s stiffness as opposed to an actual challenging game. If I don’t best MM, I don’t think my mental will allow me to play its sequel :lol:
Just skip it and start of with mega man 3 or 2 and come back when you get the flow of the game. Mega man 1 is notoriously hard and unfair purposely. Or start with the x series.

I wouldn't compare Megaman to Mario or Donkey Kong, even though it is a platformer. More combat focused.

I believe it doesn’t matter if some of these Nintendo games are good or not. The ability to dock as well as take it on the go got people not giving a damn :lol:

I didn’t have a Super Nintendo or 64 in the 90s so I missed all this platforming. I only remember playing some of the games at friends but never really got to dive in on my own.

At any rate I played Tropical Freeze for the culture last year and thought it was one of the greatest platformers ever :lol:

I would love to play the old ones again. Hopefully they are re released to some extent. I would like to play all those Marios too.

I didn’t have a Super Nintendo or 64 in the 90s so I missed all this platforming. I only remember playing some of the games at friends but never really got to dive in on my own.

At any rate I played Tropical Freeze for the culture last year and thought it was one of the greatest platformers ever :lol:

I would love to play the old ones again. Hopefully they are re released to some extent. I would like to play all those Marios too.
You can play DKC 1-3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island and Super Mario Bros. 3 now on Switch with an active online NSO subscription. You just have to download the NES, SNES apps from the store.

You can play DKC 1-3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island and Super Mario Bros. 3 now on Switch with an active online NSO subscription. You just have to download the NES, SNES apps from the store.

I struggle when things aren’t full screen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom