• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we stil haven't seen Metroid, Star Fox, or F-Zero on the WiiU yet either -- let that marinate :D

I see Nintendo slowly getting into a groove & I like it. They had a strong showing this week & I don't see that changing for TGS this year or E3 2014

we stil haven't seen Metroid, Star Fox, or F-Zero on the WiiU yet either -- let that marinate :D

I see Nintendo slowly getting into a groove & I like it. They had a strong showing this week & I don't see that changing for TGS this year or E3 2014
i agree i dont know why they constantly get hate and counted out they ALWAYS make fun games

Mario Kart 8 alone means the Wii U is going to be copped. Looking forward to that and WWHD.

I don't know about that new 3D Mario though. I mean, it seems cool and all, but it doesn't come off as a marquee-type 3D Mario like Galaxy or 64. It kind of just reminds me of New Mario Bros. but in a free roaming way (if you get what I mean).

Either way, it looks like Nintendo is finally starting to bring out the heavy guns and is giving me a reason to pick up the Wii U.

While in my opinion it kind of sucks that we don't get to see those games right away, with them getting into the groove with HD I know those games are gonna look so damn good when they do come out and they don't wanna release everything now and have nothing later.
With it looking like Nintendo will be releasing a title every month starting August maybe they wanna stretch out those titles.
We saw like 4 games or so coming out in 2014 so that leaves space for 8 more titles that they can fill up the year if they go that route.

Mario Kart 8 is looking so beautiful, I went to the Nintendo World store today and got a chance to look at some of the demos, didn't get a chance to play them since the line was like 30 deep but from what I saw I was so happy, those game solidified my purchase.
One of the employees told me that there was a line going down the block even before the store opened of people wanting to test out the demos :lol:

need to see smash bros on 3ds :nerd: i hope its a good port to handheld from the console version.

You can see some of the gameplay in the Smash Bros. Developer video I posted last page, they said that some cel shading was added so it can be easier to see your character in the small screen of the 3DS, I wanna see what kind of exclusive content each version is gonna have to make you wanna buy both (I'm getting both either way) and what kind of connectivity the two versions will have with each other, I'll go ahead and assume that we will see local multiplayer between them the same way you can local play the Wii U & 3DS version of Monster Hunter.

Mario Kart 8 alone means the Wii U is going to be copped. Looking forward to that and WWHD.

I don't know about that new 3D Mario though. I mean, it seems cool and all, but it doesn't come off as a marquee-type 3D Mario like Galaxy or 64. It kind of just reminds me of New Mario Bros. but in a free roaming way (if you get what I mean).

Either way, it looks like Nintendo is finally starting to bring out the heavy guns and is giving me a reason to pick up the Wii U.

As far as the 3D Mario game goes I agree, to me it seems like they went the easy route.
They saw how successful Super Mario 3D Land was on 3DS, that they needed a Mario game quick and decided to just build off of that because the footage they showed doesn't really showcase how the gamepad is really doing anything on the level of the Galaxy games so to me it seems like they're waiting to put out a Mario game that shows off why you could only play it on the Wii U using the gamepad and not just using the Wiimote.

Maaan, they better put Lucas or at least Dr. Mario in SSB.

Dont like the Wii Fit Trainer, out of all the possibilities ,why her?.

Do like the villager though, could be lethal with that catch technique.

They need to make a sequel to Yoshi's Story,imo goat Yoshi game.

Liking the look of M&L Dream Team, wish they would go back to the bros timing attack from Superstar Saga. Ever since they changed that I've been liking the series less and less.

Last edited:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Retro went with Donkey Kong for their first title on the Wii U.
I absolutely love playing DKCR on my 3DS but I would have liked to see them do Metroid or some new IP.

I concur, there's no doubt DK is going to be great and a day 1 cop but I really wanted to see Metroid, Star Fox or F-Zero in HD. Still a solid game lineup showing from Nintendo.

Just caught up with all the nintendo and developer directs since I didn't get a chance due to being out of town....

Mario Kart 8 - This seems like the Mario Kart I've been waiting for. I hope they enhance the online play to make things even more competitive.

Super Smash Bros - The flow and look of that gameplay :x . Now this is a game that Nintendo needs to work on in terms of online play. It just wasn't up to par with Brawl and was a let down IMO. If the online is right, then this could be the grand daddy of all multiplayer games this gen. Cant wait, day 1 cop on both versions.

X - :smh: Now i've never been a fan of rpg or open world games, but I think I might pick this one up 'cause it looks like so much fun.

Mario 3D World - I was expecting a game on the level of Galaxy. I was disappointed that it wasn't but this is something I can enjoy playing with the lady.

Donkey Kong, Pikmin 3, W101, Bayonetta 2, WWHD are all day 1 purchases, which means i'm going to be broke :smh:

Smash Bros on 3DS isn't a port. It's built from the ground up and has the same character roster as the WiiU version

Nintendo Brings Value While Being Undervalued at E3

While everyone is crying about the next gen XBOne and praising the PS4 I feel the Nintendo Wii U will be quietly delivering the best experiences this generation. After this E3 it is clear Nintendo is making a concerted effort make the absolutely best games for EVERYONE to enjoy. They are the console for the gaming purist which is why I’m a little disappointed with the lack of perspective in the gaming industry.

Nintendo just showed some of the best games at the event and people are still complaining and grumbling about the company’s output.

Think about it. Everyone is praising Sony for doing something Nintendo has been doing for years...releasing a pure gaming console for a decent price. They are getting so much praise for doing something they are supposed to do while forcing you to pay for online multiplayer. There is still a possibility of DRM on a Sony console if the publishers want it.

With Nintendo you get backwards compatible hardware, NO DRM, used games, video sharing, the Miiverse community, and online multiplayer for free. You get to play with all of your old Wii peripherals, your old Virtual Console games, and Wii games for free. You don’t have to go out your way and buy anything extra to enjoy your games.

After a few days after the E3 event it’s safe to say Nintendo had the best games. All of these are day 1 purchases and almost guaranteed to be top rated titles.
The exclusive content that will be releasing is crazy

1. Mario 3D World
  2. Sonic Lost World
  3. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  4. Wonderful 101
  5. Pikmin 3
  6. Zelda Windwaker HD
  7. Super Mario Kart
  8. X (Monolith’s Game)
  9. Bayonetta 2
  10. Super Smash Bros

When I hear people say Nintendo is not creative and just rehashing their old IP’s I simply :smh:

Last edited:
:smh: @ the 32GB Deluxe System still being $350.

Dear Nintendo: DROP THAT PRICE

1) Nintendo Land is NOT a "system-seller"/AAA title so stop bundling that crap with the Deluxe consoles. Swap that out for Super Mario Galaxy 2 or something (yeah I know it's a Wii game, but it's a SOLID game that's worthy of being in a bundle)

2) Without a price-drop, the deluxe will be on shelves next to $399 PS4s (with a price difference of only $50)...1 system can play Blu-Rays, DVDs, & games (new or used without an internet connection required)...you really think your 1st party titles are enough to combat this situation? :lol:

3) Include some EShop credits in ALL console shipments throughout the holiday season ($10 or so)

Last edited:
:smh: @ the 32GB Deluxe System still being $350.

Dear Nintendo: DROP THAT PRICE

1) Nintendo Land is NOT a "system-seller"/AAA title so stop bundling that crap with the Deluxe consoles. Swap that out for Super Mario Galaxy 2 or something (yeah I know it's a Wii game, but it's a SOLID game that's worthy of being in a bundle)

2) Without a price-drop, the deluxe will be on shelves next to $399 PS4s (with a price difference of only $50)...1 system can play Blu-Rays, DVDs, & games (new or used without an internet connection required)...you really think your 1st party titles are enough to combat this situation? :lol:

3) Include some EShop credits in ALL console shipments throughout the holiday season ($10 or so)
i think a price drop/better bundle will come once that new mario is about to drop or aound the time the ps4 drops to compete and will have a bigger hd

As far as the price drop goes, this is what Scott Moffit (Nintendo VP of Sales & Marketing) had to say:

No. We have no plans to change the price of Wii U. The Wii U is a great value. With great content coming, that will drive the hardware installed base. We’ve gone from being the highest-priced console on the market to now being a great value with the announcements from our competitors. The perception of our price has changed, but what’s also changed is that people now see what great content is coming. They’ll see the value in those games. They’ll be able to enjoy a Wii U in their household for a lot less than a competing console.

Do I believe him? No.

With retailers having a recall on the basic bundle and only keeping the deluxe, I can see them making the deluxe the same price as the basic one.

They may say there is no price drop coming, but when Holiday season hits and Mario 3D (should have been Mario Kart) comes out I'm sure they'll drop the price by 50 bucks to make it a more affordable console for a parent buying their kid a system for Christmas that is if Nintendo finds a way to better market this thing.

With a 50 dollar price drop on the deluxe version, a scrap of the basic bundle and market Wii Fit U/3D World which are coming out December, there is no reason why Wii U can't compete with PS4/Xbone this Holiday.

I always felt like if Nintendo really wants to step it up

They would license super smash bros and other in house franchises to other systems...

I always felt like if Nintendo really wants to step it up

They would license super smash bros and other in house franchises to other systems...

How is giving away your biggest competitive advantage "stepping up"? Nintendo's IP's are the most profitable and successful video game franchises ever. Their hardware is consistently profitable bc of the games they provide. Why would anyone need Nintendo hardware if they could play Nintendo games on other systems...

Furthermore, why would you want to play Nintendo games on other hardware? Imagine playing Super Mario 64 on a PSX controller :x :x

Nintendo specifically designs their games for the hardware they create. Its safe to say you will never see Nintendo software on anything other than Nintendo hardware.

And on that note...Today's "gamer" confuses me. A lot of Sony/Microsoft fans say they want Nintendo to go 3rd party or to license their franchises. Why don't they just buy the damn system to play Nintendo's games. I just don't get it. It seems as if people secretly wants to play Nintendo games, but don't wanna look uncool by purchasing Nintendo hardware.

Giving away IPs?

Miyamoto OWNs most of those IPs. He said if Nintendo went under he is taking to IPs with him. You wouldn't see a Mario game on a Nintendo product till he died and his descedants became greedy bastards

It just boggles the mind how a japanese guy came up with a stereotypical Italian plumber from Brooklyn, NY lol..( yes i know he was first known as jumpman lol)

Last edited:
I'm contemplating hard about getting 3DS. My cousin just copped the Animal Cross edition of the 3DS XL and I was messing with and was extremely impressed.
I know Super Smash for 3DS isn't coming out until next year, but I've watched the previews over and over again.

Today's "gamer" confuses me. A lot of Sony/Microsoft fans say they want Nintendo to go 3rd party or to license their franchises. Why don't they just buy the damn system to play Nintendo's games. I just don't get it. It seems as if people secretly wants to play Nintendo games, but don't wanna look uncool by purchasing Nintendo hardware.

That's EXACTLY what it is. Nintendo has the stereotype of being labeled the kiddy system but if you grew up playing video games in the mid 80's to mid 90's your first video game was a Mario game, I promise you. I mean Nintendo is the only game company that will literally make you buy there system for one game and that alone will have them win everytime. My cousin is 32 and I remember going to his house over the weekend when we were younger and playing super Mario kart and super Mario all-stars like there was no tomorrow. He considers himself a mature gamer now and worships his PS3 and all his uncharted games. I always tried to get him on board with the wii and he's always telling me how Nintendo has fallen off and they're not what they used to be......you shoulda saw his face for that Mario kart 8 trailer. It was like we were 10 years old all over again. Nintendo-the king of nostalgia

Back
Top Bottom