• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Pikmin really that good? I bought my little brother one and two and hes hyped for three. I've never played it.

This game looks beautiful

Is Pikmin really that good? I bought my little brother one and two and hes hyped for three. I've never played it.

It's a really good change of pace compared to what's the norm now and it's a type of game that is hard to replicate.
The multiplayer (even though it isn't online) is really fun and the game looks great in HD.

And agree with both Super Mario 3D world and Sonic, pretty much every 1st party/3rd party exclusive Nintendo game coming out is high on my list of games to get.
As far as 3rd party games go (pretty much all Ubisoft), I'm looking forward to some of them and will probably be getting the Wii U version for the gamepad features if they don't give the Wii U a gimped version.

It has an 88 on metacritic and was produced by Shigeru Miyamoto. That alone should tell you something. But overall, Pikmen is a very solid franchise. The unique game play is what sets it apart from everything else.

Bought Pikmin 3 yesterday and I must say, wow. I never played the first two, but now I feel I missed out. I thought it wasn't going to be my type of game but man, this game is beautiful. It's been a LONG time since I played a game that really sucked me in. Game is beyond dope...it's got me hype for the rest of the game lineup going foward.

Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA on 8/7 at 7am PT for updates on #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games launching this year. http://t.co/txZyMbyfAg
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) August 6, 2013

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/08-07-2013/
Even though it says that it will be about updates on 2013 releases something tells me we'll hear about some surprises.
They're almost always a surprise when they do a worldwide stream but I'll try and keep my expectations low.

Last edited:
Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA on 8/7 at 7am PT for updates on #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games launching this year. http://t.co/txZyMbyfAg
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) August 6, 2013

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/08-07-2013/
Even though it says that it will be about updates on 2013 releases something tells me we'll hear about some surprises.
They're almost always a surprise when they do a worldwide stream but I'll try and keep my expectations low.

I just hope nothing slated to release this year gets delayed. But if they do have some surprises I hope its something big.

Copped the Wii U with that $50 rebate/ 5% off from Target and it came out to $309 (I'm calculating the $50 rebate in). Not a bad deal imo. Plus, my daughter's been wanting it and I get to play Earthbound lol. Any suggestions for virtual console or operating in general?

Copped the Wii U with that $50 rebate/ 5% off from Target and it came out to $309 (I'm calculating the $50 rebate in). Not a bad deal imo. Plus, my daughter's been wanting it and I get to play Earthbound lol. Any suggestions for virtual console or operating in general?

Sucks that you missed out on the 30th anniversary promotion that Nintendo had these past 8 months or so where you could get classic games on the Virtual Console for 30 cents.
Donkey Kong for the NES is still 30 cents for a bit more I think.

As far as what games to get on the Virtual console, I would suggest Megaman X, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Punch Out, Super Ghouls & Ghost, and the Kirby games.

Nintendo/Platinum just had a Wonderful 101 edition of Nintendo Direct and it was glorious. The following trailer is pretty spoilerish but damn is this game gonna be awesome.

This is the whole presentation where Kamiya goes into detail about the story, the characters, and the gameplay.

Wonderful 101 releases on September 15th if you weren't sure.

Last edited:
Wonderful 101 looks so innovative. It reminds me of the first time I played viewtiful joe X a Super Sentai video game. I'm reall excited to own it

To anyone with a Wii U, The Wonderful 101 demo is up on the Eshop now, can't wait to finally play this game and be reminded that its still a month away :smh:

Hideki Kamiya is a fool. His Iwata impression made the Direct hilarious. It was so epic how they kept showing the release date like it was an infomercial. I was :lol:

I can't wait for this game. That directors cut trailer was :wow: :wow: :wow:

Picked up my black 3DS xl from Target, they are selling it for 175 (that includes all then other colors too). If Nintendo decides to release the white version ill be mad, I really wanted that color.

Picked up my black 3DS xl from Target, they are selling it for 175 (that includes all then other colors too). If Nintendo decides to release the white version ill be mad, I really wanted that color.
damb thats a steal. wish i woulda just got an xl instead of the regular.

Yeah, I've had the OG 3DS since launch and its pretty beat up, I been wanting the XL but been waiting for a neutral color.

If Nintendo decides to release the pokemon X/Y special edition XL I might have to double dip.
I read that the Japanese Amazon sold out of 100,000 pre orders of the special edition bundle in like 9 hours and the Pokemon center sold out of the gold version in just 1 hour. If they release here they're gonna be so damn hard to find.

X/Y are gonna be a problem when they release, Nintendo is gonna sell so many consoles/copies.

The thing that makes me happy about wii u is that literally every first party game seems like a must buy. That makes up for everything else in my eyes. If I want to buy a sports game or shooter I'll buy it for ps3. They are very different.

They really are set to have an astounding rate of hits first party wise. In the meantime ill just buy wii games since i didn't have a wii to begin with so I'm set until all of them release. Sonic has disappointed me too many times for me to get my hopes up

Btw I'm loving the controller. HATED the wiimote. This thing is. Pretty comfy. To be hair I've only tried it for Mario bros.

If you buy something from the network do you use the wii u controller or it has to be wii mote?

The thing that makes me happy about wii u is that literally every first party game seems like a must buy. That makes up for everything else in my eyes. If I want to buy a sports game or shooter I'll buy it for ps3. They are very different.

They really are set to have an astounding rate of hits first party wise. In the meantime ill just buy wii games since i didn't have a wii to begin with so I'm set until all of them release. Sonic has disappointed me too many times for me to get my hopes up

Btw I'm loving the controller. HATED the wiimote. This thing is. Pretty comfy. To be hair I've only tried it for Mario bros.

If you buy something from the network do you use the wii u controller or it has to be wii mote?

Back
Top Bottom