• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it still worth it to pick up a 3DS XL, or too late?

Don't have much time to play games that much anymore, but love playing RPGs. Just wondering if the 3DS XL will still be around for a few more years.

If Nintendo decides to release the pokemon X/Y special edition XL I might have to double dip.
I read that the Japanese Amazon sold out of 100,000 pre orders of the special edition bundle in like 9 hours and the Pokemon center sold out of the gold version in just 1 hour. If they release here they're gonna be so damn hard to find.

X/Y are gonna be a problem when they release, Nintendo is gonna sell so many consoles/copies.
eek.gif
 Dam its serious over there.

If the X/Y 3DS drops stateside Im for sure copping.

No doubt Pokemon sells like hotcakes. Will be buying a 3DS just for Pokemon.

The thing that makes me happy about wii u is that literally every first party game seems like a must buy. That makes up for everything else in my eyes. If I want to buy a sports game or shooter I'll buy it for ps3. They are very different.

They really are set to have an astounding rate of hits first party wise. In the meantime ill just buy wii games since i didn't have a wii to begin with so I'm set until all of them release. Sonic has disappointed me too many times for me to get my hopes up

Btw I'm loving the controller. HATED the wiimote. This thing is. Pretty comfy. To be hair I've only tried it for Mario bros.

If you buy something from the network do you use the wii u controller or it has to be wii mote?

Not sure what you mean.
Do you mean if you navigate the Eshop do you use the gamepad or the wiimote? If so, then you can use both I believe, I pretty much only use the gamepad when browsing the Eshop so I'm not 100% sure.

Is it still worth it to pick up a 3DS XL, or too late?

Don't have much time to play games that much anymore, but love playing RPGs. Just wondering if the 3DS XL will still be around for a few more years.

The system is only 2 years old, it's not too late to pick up a 3DS, it's a perfect time to pick it up since the library of games are really good and they'll keep on coming throughout the year.
I don't really see them making any new versions of the 3DS, unless they cave in and do add a second circle pad.
There are some really good RPG's on the 3DS like Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem, and Kingdom Hearts.
All in all, you won't be disappointed in picking up a 3DS.

Now all Nintendo has to do is replicate the 3DS situation to the Wii U.

Yeah, I've had the OG 3DS since launch and its pretty beat up, I been wanting the XL but been waiting for a neutral color.

If Nintendo decides to release the pokemon X/Y special edition XL I might have to double dip.
I read that the Japanese Amazon sold out of 100,000 pre orders of the special edition bundle in like 9 hours and the Pokemon center sold out of the gold version in just 1 hour. If they release here they're gonna be so damn hard to find.

X/Y are gonna be a problem when they release, Nintendo is gonna sell so many consoles/copies.

word, my animal crossing town is gonna be full of weeds and ish once pokemon x/y releases :lol:

I meant when playing the game. Like is earthbound played using the controller that came with the system?

Not sure what you mean.
Do you mean if you navigate the Eshop do you use the gamepad or the wiimote? If so, then you can use both I believe, I pretty much only use the gamepad when browsing the Eshop so I'm not 100% sure.
The system is only 2 years old, it's not too late to pick up a 3DS, it's a perfect time to pick it up since the library of games are really good and they'll keep on coming throughout the year.
I don't really see them making any new versions of the 3DS, unless they cave in and do add a second circle pad.
There are some really good RPG's on the 3DS like Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem, and Kingdom Hearts.
All in all, you won't be disappointed in picking up a 3DS.

Now all Nintendo has to do is replicate the 3DS situation to the Wii U.
i hope nintendo decides to incorporate the circle pad or 2nd analog into more games. it runs much more smoothly and fluently imo when its integrated into the game like metal gear or resident evil revelations. but yeah man def. not too late like previously stated, its the best time to cop especially with all these new titles coming out.

I'm getting a 3DS XL this week.

What are some good games to pick up?

Too many to name, but here are some of the must have's. Have fun...

Super Mario 3D Land
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Fire Emblem: Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Project X Zone
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Mario Kart 7
Resident Evil: Revelations

I'm getting a 3DS XL this week.

What are some good games to pick up?

Depends on what kind of game you're looking for but some good games overall are Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts, Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem, SMT IV, Mario Kart 7, and a whole lot of Eshop games.

Just got a 3ds picked up project x zone and zelda ocarina of time. Also the last pokemon game I purchased the first weekend was silver lol so lookin forward to the new versions

Also I am gonna finally cop my wii u when the wonderful 101 comes out but I know as soon as I do smh either a price drop or a better version will come out ex more memory etc :smh:

Any up date on the new xenoblade aka X? :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Iwata is very focused on not dropping the price, in his head the price doesn't matter, he said that since the deluxe version is selling more than the regular sku he says that price isn't the issue, it's the games.

As far as X goes, I don't think we'll see an update until probably an October Direct. That game I don't see coming out until like mid 2014.

This game uses the gamepad really good. I hope it pushes units so we continue to get games like this on the system.

Last edited:
Some big Pokemon news coming out of The Pokemon Game Show even that was held in Japan.
One of the big reveals was a new Anime special based on the original Gameboy characters Red & Green (Blue here in America). This is the trailer and damn it looks sick.

Another big news/teaser is the last couple of seconds in this clip, there's been alot of speculation on whether it's a Wii U game or just some promotional video.
I'm gonna assume it's a new Stadium style Pokemon game for Wii U.

When will they give us what we want? A console RPG pokemon??? The Pocket name no longer means anything

When will they give us what we want? A console RPG pokemon??? The Pocket name no longer means anything

Agree the gameboy versions are always good but a console one where you could battle people all over the world would be awesome :smokin

I agree that a console version of Pokemon would be dope, but I think Nintendo keeps the main series on portables because it is their most valuable brand. From a business perspective I think Nintendo wants to maintain brand equity for their handhelds... meaning if you want to play the main Pokemon games you need to get a Nintendo handheld.

With that said I do think it would be a great idea if Nintendo released the old Red, Blue, and Yellow games on the Wii U with updated HD graphics. I think that would be a happy compromise to please home console consumers while maintaining the Pokemon brand as a handheld franchise.

Nintendo will more than likely release a new installment to the Pokemon Stadium series with online capabilities... which is also a dope idea :smokin

Picked up the black 3ds XL last week. I'm having a blast with thing. I got Castlevania, Mario 3D land, luigi's mansion, and ocarina of time. It's a great device for playing games in 10-15 minute chunks throughout the day.

Considering Project X Zone as well. I tried the demo and the combat is cool, but it seems like it gets repetitive. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
that pokemon origin vid is so sickk! although the old anime was dope I always preferred the red/blue/green storyline of the game, and i loved the artwork. cannot wait!

With the Anime being a special to coincide with Pokemon X/Y and since Nintendo wants a simultaneous worldwide release of the game, I hope we get the English version or at least subtitles :lol:

Blastoise looks so sick.

I agree that a console version of Pokemon would be dope, but I think Nintendo keeps the main series on portables because it is their most valuable brand. From a business perspective I think Nintendo wants to maintain brand equity for their handhelds... meaning if you want to play the main Pokemon games you need to get a Nintendo handheld.

With that said I do think it would be a great idea if Nintendo released the old Red, Blue, and Yellow games on the Wii U with updated HD graphics. I think that would be a happy compromise to please home console consumers while maintaining the Pokemon brand as a handheld franchise.

Nintendo will more than likely release a new installment to the Pokemon Stadium series with online capabilities... which is also a dope idea
smokin.gif
Word, if Pokemon ever came to consoles it would probably kill the handheld thats out, and if Nintendo doesnt have a successful handheld out then handheld gaming will probably die forever. We've seen how many times Sony has tried and gotten nowhere with that. You cant do handheld gaming without handheld specific franchise titles, the specs seem irrelevant in the eyes of the consumer.

Last edited:
Word, if Pokemon ever came to consoles it would probably kill the handheld thats out, and if Nintendo doesnt have a successful handheld out then handheld gaming will probably die forever. We've seen how many times Sony has tried and gotten nowhere with that. You cant do handheld gaming without handheld specific franchise titles, the specs seem irrelevant in the eyes of the consumer.

I agree good point

Back
Top Bottom