• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You just reminded me. Cartridges mean that game saves could be ties to the games themselves. What part of the game is this?

I thought SD cards are supposed to be faster and more efficient than Blurays? Therefore no needing spend 2 hours installing a game when u first buy it

I don't think it was brought up here but I think they went with cartridges to avoid piracy which has been an issue the last 2 gens. I can imagine it being an even bigger issue overseas than it is here.

I don't think it was brought up here but I think they went with cartridges to avoid piracy which has been an issue the last 2 gens. I can imagine it being an even bigger issue overseas than it is here.

3ds has cartridges as well and we see how that went.

Everybody's on the hype train for @NintendoSwitch - so are we! Did you know that #StateOfMind will be released for #NintendoSwitch as well?! pic.twitter.com/6JdjXzRakt
— daedalic @PaxSouth (@daedalic) January 13, 2017

State of Mind is a futuristic thriller game delving into transhumanism. The game explores themes of separation, disjuncture and reunification, in a world that is torn between a dystopian material reality and a utopian virtual future.

Employing multiple playable characters and two separate game worlds, State of Mind explores the existential drama that develops in a society on the brink of post-material existence.

You are Richard Nolan, a father and journalist from Berlin who discovers that he and his wife and son have been subjects to mind uploads. Richard's upload, however, has gone wrong. As a result, he is still living in real-life reality, but an incomplete second version of his self also exists in a secret Virtual Reality project.

Upon realizing that he is literally a torn man, Richard sets out on a dramatic and dangerous search for salvation. He aims to reunite with his family, as well as with his own split self. On his way, he soon realizes that this journey isn't only about him, but about the future of mankind.

State of Mind looks cool but if I have the option I'm always going to buy the game on PS4 rather than the Switch

I don't buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games 

State of Mind looks cool but if I have the option I'm always going to buy the game on PS4 rather than the Switch

I don't buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games 

I can respect that, but why do so many people who own a PS4/Xbox complain if the Nintendo system doesn't get every third party game when they already own a console for those games?

It's like Nintendo is in a catch 22 situation were anything they do is met with criticism. At any rate, I'm glad to see them getting more 3rd party games coming off the Wii U. The more games the better.

After getting some time to reflect after that lackluster reveal, Nintendo is setting themselves up to have a really solid first year.
  • Zelda at launch
  • Splatoon 2 in the Summer
  • Xenoblade 2 in the Fall
  • Mario for Holiday

Plus a few other goodies sprinkled in... And from what I'm hearing there are more games still coming we haven't heard yet.

I'm real optimistic about XB2 launching this year but I hope it does. 3 games this year is enough for me. Zelda, XB2 and Mario.

Zelda and Mario just guaranteed that the Switch outsells the XB1 and the PS4 this year.
Nah playa, Red Dead Redemption 2 is gonna be huge for PS4/XB1. We shall see tho, competition is good for the consumers. E3 this year should be more interesting with Nintendo back in the game.

Nah playa, Red Dead Redemption 2 is gonna be huge for PS4/XB1. We shall see tho, competition is good for the consumers. E3 this year should be more interesting with Nintendo back in the game.
Is Red Dead 2 coming out this year? I was convinced it wasn't

A new console should outsell ones that have been available for years. If it doesn't then that's a major L.

Zelda and Mario just guaranteed that the Switch outsells the XB1 and the PS4 this year.
Nah buddy. The switch is going to sell out its initial volune( which it should, but then its going to run into a problem the rest of the year. Let's be real, Mario is gonna get delayed. And even if it's not delayed until Mario the only other big game releasing is Splatoon. That can't sustain a console for 8-9 months. Also Xbox and Pa4 have 2 little games called Destiny 2 & Red dead releasing

That's exactly what happened with the Wii U though
The marketing for the Wii U is what did it in combined with The year of Luigi. I don't know what the hell Nintendo was thinking only adding one letter to the Wii's successor. I promise you if the Wii U was called the "Super Wii" or anything else it would've moved WAYYYY more units.
Nah buddy. The switch is going to sell out its initial volune( which it should, but then its going to run into a problem the rest of the year. Let's be real, Mario is gonna get delayed. And even if it's not delayed until Mario the only other big game releasing is Splatoon. That can't sustain a console for 8-9 months. Also Xbox and Pa4 have 2 little games called Destiny 2 & Red dead releasing
We saw too much in game footage for Mario for it to be delayed. I will admit that after the initial wear off of Zelda I don't know what Nintendo has in store for the system but I think there is a surprise game we see and maybe get before Mario. My money is on the Smash port.

I didn't even know the wiiu was a thing until like 2015. I thought it was just a wii with a aftermarket controller or something.

I'm telling you the marketing was awful/non existent. They went from the "wii would like to play commercials" to literally nothing. It's crazy because toward the end of the Wii's life span it got that reputation for only playing watered down ports of 3rd party games and being a system for kids. The wii u gave you a damn ipad as a controller, they could've promoted the hell out that thing but did nothing. Mario Kart 8 suffered and so did Smash. Don't even get me started on the lazy name for Smash Bros...Smash Bros for Wii U???????
sick.gif
Chaos, Rumble, Fade, so many adjectives to give the next installment justice. They have to rename it for the Switch port so hopefully it gets a real name.

I'm telling you the marketing was awful/non existent. They went from the "wii would like to play commercials" to literally nothing. It's crazy because toward the end of the Wii's life span it got that reputation for only playing watered down ports of 3rd party games and being a system for kids. The wii u gave you a damn ipad as a controller, they could've promoted the hell out that thing but did nothing. Mario Kart 8 suffered and so did Smash. Don't even get me started on the lazy name for Smash Bros...Smash Bros for Wii U???????
sick.gif
Chaos, Rumble, Fade, so many adjectives to give the next installment justice. They have to rename it for the Switch port so hopefully it gets a real name.
So aside from having a really strong first year , what are the real projections of the Nintendo Switch, can its mobility be extended to further spectrums, will 3rd party games play a big role in this new tech?  (If it can be called new...) 

I'm really liking what I'm seeing in this first promos, the street fighter, the mario kart etc etc, it takes all the loner aspect of gaming which has become pretty strong with the online multiplayer, the one man centered games, you see people gathering around to play fifa or something like that, I think that bringing back the immersive experience for grown ups and kids are one of those things that will play his role in this console. But that's what made fail the Wii as well they focused too much in that, giving just a few titles to be play on your own that matched the quality and content of the games set up for his competitors 

Interested how everything will fold out in the next couple of months/years

I promise you if the Wii U was called the "Super Wii" or anything else it would've moved WAYYYY more units.

guess this is true because that's how I feel bout the switch

it's really just a fully portable wii u

the wii u gamepad coulve easily doubled as a handheld but it had to be in a certain range of the system

I used the gamepad to watch youtube vids in bed but it could've been so much more

the switch is all hype right now

that mario looks completely dumbed down and boring

I'm hoping they're hiding the true gameplay cause it's lacking majorly in that reveal

and I already have mario kart 8 on wii u, it has some of the smoothest graphics ever and so many maps but it's also dumbed down with way too many weapons hitting you every 2 seconds. I also hate having to choose car setups, too many dumb choices

that zelda looks cool but I prolly won't cop this system til mario drops if I even cop at all

at this point they're really better off making a plug and play system with all their library being available on virtual console including new games

they have no reason to keep making new systems without any new updates, all they're doing is making new games with the same graphics anyway

it's a damn shame

Back
Top Bottom