• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...oy-phone-case?abthid=5bb69ce49514518679000276

IGN News / 4 Oct 2018 4:05 PM PDT
Nintendo May Be Working on a Playable Game Boy Phone Case

Game Boy + smartphone = awesome.

By Adam Bankhurst

If a recent patent has any say on the future, Nintendo may be working on a playable Game Boy phone case that would work in tandem with your touchscreen smartphone.

Filed on March 16, 2018, this patent describes a phone cover that would enclose a smartphone and, via Silconera, "one of the key features of this Game Boy casing is the ability for inputs on the buttons on the casing to be sensed by the touchscreen beneath the buttons."

The familiar set of buttons would "use a conductive sheet within the cover that enables the touchscreen to sense the input when the nub on the bottom side touches the touchscreen, in the same way human fingers are sensed."

The case also leaves space open on the top and bottom of the smart device and could allow for future accessories, or simply to allow you to charge your phone while taking a trip down memory lane.

It is also noted in the patent that this would not necessarily be limited to smartphones and "may be attached to other electronic equipment such as a tablet terminal that does not have a telephone function."

These patents don't guarantee that this is being worked on, as patents are filed quite regularly by many companies as they explore what will be the next big thing.

In the past, Nintendo has filed a patent for Donkey Konga Drums and a VR headset for the Nintendo Switch, while Sony has filed one for a "Switch-esque" handheld device.

Smartphones would be a great place to play Game Boy games, but many are waiting for them to be playable on the Nintendo Switch or a Game Boy Classic, which would follow in the footsteps of the NES Classic and SNES Classic and recreate history and nostalgia for modern times.

Im tempted to still buy
I’ll let u know in a few hours
if I like it or not

I'm intrigued too. Getting a switch for my birthday this month (might get it early, as in tomorrow, instead of the 24th), which is a family thing because I want to be able to play games with my wife and nieces/nephews. I just know she's serious about this Mario Party, but I'm worried it might not be as fun. Just don't want to waste 60 bucks.

Played 2 10 turn games
Each game took a hour
Played with my kids and 1 computer player
On 2 boards
I liked it
Def fun
And gets u heated
Mini games are fun
Imo only buy if u got friends
Or family u could play with docked

Looks like I'll be picking up if I get the Switch today. My wife wants to smoke hookah with at our friends house and bring it as a "game night." Already purchased Zelda yesterday because it was on sale. Thank you nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

My wife wants to smoke hookah with at our friends house and bring it as a "game night.”
8023DE8D-75EB-4896-86C7-CC2E192C8DD0.gif

Looks like I'll be picking up if I get the Switch today. My wife wants to smoke hookah with at our friends house and bring it as a "game night." Already purchased Zelda yesterday because it was on sale. Thank you nawghtyhare nawghtyhare
Bruh perfect party game to play drink and smoke
I was fa real getting heated :lol:
Make sure u buy another joy con set
So u can play with 4 players
The switch will come with 2

Yea im thinking im gonna grab mario party. Yall let me know how if its wack before too late in the day lol

Might have to get that new Mario Party too then... just got Mario Kart couple days ago from Amazon for 45.

I think it would be dope if they brought back
B1qoGAejxJS._SX425_.jpg
From back in the day lol..

I damn near put my kids on punishment
last night cause of the game
I had 5 straight dice rolls of not moving even 1 space
And getting negative coins taken
While they was zooming around the board
Rolling 8 and 9’s with the special dice
I thought the ads for the game were inaccurate when they showed everyone smiling and laughing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom