• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I was playing the DBFZ demo, I pretty much swapped out of the regular Pro Controller to the Joy Con grip AND going handheld with the Joy Cons on the console itself after getting annoyed with the amount of "in-accurate inputs" I kept from get the dpad in some of the practice matches I was playing.

Joycon dpad is more is b/c the damn buttons aren't "incorrectly" melded together like the Pro Controller dpad. I don't know how Nintendo went wrong in messing up the very Dpad that they revolutionized back on the NES controller on their Switch Pro Controllers.

Hell, I'd even argue you get one of those 8BitDo SF30 Wireless Controllers that are compatible with the Switch for a better Dpad controller experience in docked mode for DBFZ............which is cheaper than the actual Nintendo Pro Con.

I have an SF30 and an SF30 Pro and I really really like them a lot but they have D pad input issues too, even more so than my Pro controllers. Tolerable for when I use them, but I play in handheld 80% of the time anyways which was a must for games that need really precise inputs like Celeste.

Question for the thread

I have a day one Pro Controller and I had heard about it’s issues regarding the dpad before but never experienced it because I never had to use it until I bought FighterZ last week. The dpad on my pro is beyond stiff and is super sensitive and almost seemingly unresponsive at times when it comes to having to slide my thumb along two directions one after another to preform combos or specials

Does anyone know if the dpad has improved on more recent Pro Controllers or does it still suffer from the same problems??

Does your R button take you to the home menu?

SMP was pretty fun, I played just some minigames and that river rafting mode for about an hour with my nieces, didn’t even get to the boardgame yet. I’ve left the switch and SMP with them.

From the above article, I found this which made me laugh.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...se-you-need-to-play-super-smash-bros-ultimate

I’m too hyped for Smash. I seriously might take December 7th off.

Regarding the Pro Controller, I’ve been researching, but I don’t think there’s a way to really tell. I’ve heard the Power A’s Dpad is awesome, but they don’t have motion control. I’m tempted to get the Smash Controller because guaranteed tha will be new batch, but I don’t know if I can invest that much into something defective. Definitely getting a wired Power A controller for my wife though. All she wants to play are the platformers.

U can mod ur old pro controllers there’s a little plastic bit that u get rid of. There’s a spawnwave video on it comparing both dpads the xeno blade and the black one

From the above article, I found this which made me laugh.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...se-you-need-to-play-super-smash-bros-ultimate

I’m too hyped for Smash. I seriously might take December 7th off.

Regarding the Pro Controller, I’ve been researching, but I don’t think there’s a way to really tell. I’ve heard the Power A’s Dpad is awesome, but they don’t have motion control. I’m tempted to get the Smash Controller because guaranteed tha will be new batch, but I don’t know if I can invest that much into something defective. Definitely getting a wired Power A controller for my wife though. All she wants to play are the platformers.
D pad only used for taunts in smash
So that shouldn’t even be a factor

D pad only used for taunts in smash
So that shouldn’t even be a factor

True, but I think about the other fighters I plan on getting (FighterZ, BlazBlue, etc) I really don’t have a problem using the Joy Cons for them if I must, but I just like the idea of options. I’ve played/purchased so many Dreamcast fighters over the years that weird controllers don’t bother me.

True, but I think about the other fighters I plan on getting (FighterZ, BlazBlue, etc) I really don’t have a problem using the Joy Cons for them if I must, but I just like the idea of options. I’ve played/purchased so many Dreamcast fighters over the years that weird controllers don’t bother me.

Do you play cross tag?

Do you play cross tag?

I only have the demo right now, but I will be purchasing probably early next year(or on Black Friday if there’s a decent price drop). Besides Smash, I don’t see myself purchasing another game this year. I’m enjoying BOTW and then SMP is for the friends/family.

Speaking of BlazBlue Cross Tag, I just found it on sale at Wally World for 34.99. If I can find it for the same or less on BF, I’ll definitely grab it.

So The Legend of Zelda SP (which is basically EASY MODE) just got added to the NES Online for Switch LOL

I'm expecting a lot of Zelda speedrunners to start playing that on Twitch tonite.............LOL

SP Mode will make for some interesting speedrun records on Twitch

Depending what controller you’re using, aiming can be difficult. I didn’t know that you can use Motion Control for aim as well.

Game is amazing and hard to put down.

The controllers are the ones that came with the switch.

Playing handheld. I will play for an hour or 2 in a Lil bit.

Just got some slate thing and I fought some red Gremlins and some blob looking things. Met an old man about a paraglider.

Back
Top Bottom