• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up trying to pattern my game after AI. Truth be told, if Steph was around 15 years earlier, I would've tried to my pattern game after Steph's

Ethan Strauss @SherwoodStrauss 1m
In Game 1, LeBron was 7/10 with Barnes defending (helped by a Bogut block), 4/14 with Iguodala defending

What really bothers me about A.I slander, is what in part bothers me about Lebron slander. when people start assasinating these guys character off the court without taking into consideration what they had to endure growing up it makes me feel bad for how small minded a hater is.

These guys came from nothing. they should be celebrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
What really bothers me about A.I slander, is what in part bothers me about Lebron slander. when people start assasinating these guys character off the court without taking into consideration what they had to endure growing up it makes me feel bad for how small minded a hater is.

These guys came from nothing. they should be celebrated.

AI is cool in my book

In general, coming from humble beginnings doesn't excuse you to be cocky or self-entitled, which is how Lebron comes off as

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the MJ Bulls years and the solo-Kobe Lakers years, there is no player who kids looked up too and imitated more than A.I.. From the way he dressed, to the way he dribbled a basketball, kids of ALL races and backgrounds wanted to be A.I..

Hell in the movie Like Mike, Bow Wow was more A.I. than Mike 
roll.gif

In middle school, if there was white guy that could dribble, on the court we called him Steve Nash 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
This. & I can't believe that I don't see Tony Parker's name in here. TP was finals MVP when they swept LeBrick in 07.

If u don't have TP in your top 5 but you have CP3 and AI then something's wrong with you

Magic Stockton TP Nash Kidd. Curry will replace Kidd eventually, ok penny cp3 MAYBE top 10 but not top 5
kidd>nash and tony has never been on cp3 or ai's level

[quote name="DarthSka" url="/t/627574/official-2015-nba-finals-thread-kyrie-out-smh-lebbywinks-0-curry-1-game-2-sunday-june-7th-at-5pm-western-and-8-pm-eastern/5880#post_23495417]
Influencing dudes to make careers of ditching the playbook and running their show is another way.

Tons of ways to look at it.[/quote]

Pretty sure that was the Jordan effect. AI was a product of that culture tbh.

Where I'm from in la everyone wanted to be like Kobe when I was growing up. I remember way more Kobe fans as a young buck.

really an exaggeration that everybody in the 90s and early 00 wanted to model they game or look like a.i.

A.i. Is very overrated , last generations Carmelo, but to say he never accomplished nothing is wrong..

Last edited:

These guys dead came from nothing. they should be celebrated.
who cares where they came from. its all narrative that has nothing to do with evaluating their worth as a basketball player. i'm not giving AI a pass for being uncoachable just because he "came from nothing". there are so many other dudes in nba history that come from nothing but actually realised that you do need to fit in to a team in order to succeed. 

the most memorable moment in this guys career is him ranting about why practice is mandatory. terrible role model, terrible leader, would never want a guy like him on my team 

I grew up trying to pattern my game after AI. Truth be told, if Steph was around 15 years earlier, I would've tried to my pattern game after Steph's

AI's worst and most enduring legacy is small dudes trying to take every shot in pickup games

Career scoring avg of over 26 ppg, over 24k points, All NBA numerous times, league MVP, 4 time scoring champ, but...he didn't win a ring so he hasn't done anything worth talking about which is why people say pound for pound and most influential when talking about him.

Only on here man lol

So nba hall of famers karl malone, john Stockton, Patrick ewing, charkes Barkley are also not worth talking about? Not every great player can win a championship in their career. Yet you guys shall not discredit their efforts in their game.

Where I'm from in la everyone wanted to be like Kobe when I was growing up. I remember way more Kobe fans as a young buck.

really an exaggeration that everybody in the 90s and early 00 wanted to model they game or look like a.i.

A.i. Is very overrated , last generations Carmelo, but to say he never accomplished nothing is wrong..
AI may be overrated but comparing him to Carmelo is still an insult.

Glenn Robinson maybe.

Last edited:

Tony Parker was a 3rd option most of his career.
So what if he's the 3rd option? He ran the Spurs in 07 and it was his. YouTube it young cat he was unstoppable that year too fast too furious. I never saw CP3 run the court like that, given he and AI got more handles than TP, that's where the "handles ain't sh" applies
So one year as a good 3rd option, makes him better that two elite PG that LEAD their teams to the playoffs every year. IMO a Tony Parker lead team wouldn't make the playoffs in the West and at most a 5th seed in the East.

No we talking about players overall, Tony Parker was never better than A.I. or CP3, not one year. TP plays his role on the Spurs, and he contributes, but he ain't the focal point like A.I. & CP3 are year in and year out. 

Put CP0 on the Spurs and Tony Paker on the Hornets & Clippers teams. You know what happens.

Last edited:
[quote name="hypebeast5"]Some players are great (A.I and CP3) other players are just greater or destined to be greater (Steph)[/quote]What do you mean 'destined'?

Yes, I know what destined means. I know the definition, and it could mean a couple different things. I'm asking what YOU mean. Like it just wasn't in the cards for AI to be as successful as Steph, and it was written in the stars that Steph would flourish?

Last edited:
The new generation is going to replace exaggerated, underhanded crossovers and ill advised drives to the basket to quick crossover stepbacks into an ill advised three :smokin

Last edited:

Originally Posted by hypebeast5  
Some players are great (A.I and CP3) other players are just greater or destined to be greater (Steph)
What do you mean 'destined'?

Yes, I know what destined means. I know the definition, and it chicks mean a couple different things. I'm asking what YOU mean. Like it just wasn't in the cards for AI to be as successful as Steph, and it was written in the stars that Steph would flourish?
i think by destined he means steph is not greater now but after 3 more games vs a bad cleveland team....

cant crown him yet, but its almost sure to happen 

yea AI was def a greater cultural presence than Kobe.

but thats one reason i liek kobe. he doesnt really personify bbal. dude reminds me more of a soccer player outside of the court

^^Don't say it like it's a bad thing. Get ready to see short guys everywhere launch from 25 feet :pimp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom