• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grew up in the kobe era too. Never tried to emulate his game.

Think I've seen more AI copycats than Kobe copycats growing up.

ai is like the mike vick of bball. def a defining character.

kobe is an all time great but i dont think he has anything that stands out. 

unless theres kids giving teammates and coaches the death stares.

but again thats why i like him now, hes very unassuming.

200 pages alread?

Impressive.

And Chauncey Billups is/was not better than Chris Paul. Billups could win 11 chips & that fact will remain the same.

Last edited:

ai is like the mike vick of bball. def a defining character.
great comparison 

really fun to watch, put up good regular season stats but other than talking about how 
pimp.gif
 they are no one brings them up when talking about all time greats 

[quote name="Brandon3000"]What really bothers me about A.I slander, is what in part bothers me about Lebron slander. when people start assasinating these guys character off the court without taking into consideration what they had to endure growing up it makes me feel bad for how small minded a hater is.

These guys came from nothing. they should be celebrated.[/quote]I do take into consideration the struggle of having to ensure hardship, because I've endured worst.

Careful, you might reveal how small-minded you might be if you respond the way you'll want to.

See, we know AI's struggle, because he's a public figure. You don't know mine, so it would be awful small-minded of you to scoff at the notion that I've struggled more.

I know I have, because I know what he's been through and what I've been through... but I know I don't use my struggles (which still continue) as an excuse to act a fool, and I reject anyone who gives me the struggle crutch; I'm legit offended by it. "Oh, with everything you've been through," no. Stop it. Don't say that about me. I need to do better.

People like yourself giving the struggle pass to people like AI is enabling them to reject conforming to a team-oriented character. "I mean, with everything he's been through, he's always had to make it by doing it his way, so why should he change now?"

Because that's what team players do. That's one reason.

Because the struggle from before is over as a millionaire superstar. Not ALL struggles are over, but the struggles from before are. That's another reason.

Because self-improvement should be a never-ending path that everyone is on. That's another reason.

And ain't nobody attacking his character; we're criticizing his behaviors. HUGE difference.

And offering criticisms doesn't make someone a hater; it makes them a critic.

#DailyTruths

yea AI was def a greater cultural presence than Kobe.

but thats one reason i liek kobe. he doesnt really personify bbal. dude reminds me more of a soccer player outside of the court

Not to mention that kobe had far more haters against him worldwide compared to Iverson and other nba superstars.

I remember most of my younger friends who watched nba wanted to be rather like Iverson than kobe. I sticked to mj anyway ^^

Last edited:

No we talking about players overall, Tony Parker was never better than A.I. or CP3, not one year. TP plays his role on the Spurs, and he contributes, but he ain't the focal point like A.I. & CP3 are year in and year out. 

Put CP0 on the Spurs and Tony Paker on the Hornets & Clippers teams. You know what happens.
But that's not what happened right? And even if it did what makes you think he'll fit with TD? He's just another great player who cannot get the job done period.
The point is your straight up saying he is better than both, because of a Finals MVP, on a team that was and is winning rings without him being a large factor, or even on the team. Talent wise straight up CP0 & A.I. are in another class than TP. 

People like yourself giving the struggle pass to people like AI is enabling them to reject conforming to a team-oriented character. "I mean, with everything he's been through, he's always had to make it by doing it his way, so why should he change now?"

these things are true

the two biggest chuckers in nba history kobe and MJ were widely regarded as selfish ballhogs but for those championship years they either embraced the fact that they need to play within the team or sucked it up and played team basketball because they understood it gave them the best chance at winning.

people give AI props for doing it his own way but to blatantly ignore what has proven to be the only way to success is nothing to brag about. 

No we talking about players overall, Tony Parker was never better than A.I. or CP3, not one year. TP plays his role on the Spurs, and he contributes, but he ain't the focal point like A.I. & CP3 are year in and year out. 

Put CP0 on the Spurs and Tony Paker on the Hornets & Clippers teams. You know what happens.
But that's not what happened right? And even if it did what makes you think he'll fit with TD? He's just another great player who cannot get the job done period.
The point is your straight up saying he is better than both, because of a Finals MVP, on a team that was and is winning rings without him being a large factor, or even on the team. Talent wise straight up CP0 & A.I. are in another class than TP. 
its not about talent. its about how to use the talent 

these things are true

the two biggest chuckers in nba history kobe and MJ were widely regarded as selfish ballhogs but for those championship years they either embraced the fact that they need to play within the team or sucked it up and played team basketball because they understood it gave them the best chance at winning.

people give AI props for doing it his own way but to blatantly ignore what has proven to be the only way to success is nothing to brag about. 
I agree, but Kobe had Shaq & Pau to defer to, MJ had Pip to defer too. A.I. didn't have the same luxury to had perennial All-stars to defer to.

So you think TP is better than Chris Paul & A.I.?

people say its not about championships.

but when individual comparisons are made, championships are the first thing brought up.

yes he was ...
MJ? nah convoresations were never about mike ballhogging.

maybe if nt existed in his prime years, haters would cry. but as far as im concerned mike wasnt known as a ballhog. triangle offense ftw

So you think TP is better than Chris Paul & A.I.?
its hard to say how well prime TP would do on his own team

but i would put him on par with chris paul and both of them are ahead of AI 

i dont see any team with AI winning a ring, dude was too much of a cancer 

yes he was ...
MJ? nah convoresations were never about mike ballhogging.

maybe if nt existed in his prime years, haters would cry. but as far as im concerned mike wasnt known as a ballhog. triangle offense ftw
pre phil jackson he was known as a HUGE ball hog

people were talking about how he would never win because he was too selfish and didnt trust his teammates 

It's just talent! They're all talented in their own way. People like you are just fanboys. Who knows what could've been would've been and should've been? Nobody.
Chris Paul
[table][tr][th=""]Career highlights and awards[/th][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Tony Parker
[table][tr][th=""]Career highlights and awards[/th][/tr][tr][td]
  • 4× NBA champion (2003, 2005, 2007, 2014)
  • NBA Finals MVP (2007)
  • 6× NBA All-Star (2006–2007, 2009, 2012–2014)
  • 3× All-NBA Second Team (2012–2014)
  • All-NBA Third Team (2009)
  • NBA All-Rookie First Team (2002)
  • NBA Skills Challenge champion (2012)
  • NBA Shooting Stars champion (2006)
[/td][/tr][/table]
You compare the stats, and tell me who the real fanboy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom