• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="NickFolarin"][QUOTE name="sea manup"]the two biggest chuckers in nba history kobe and MJ were widely regarded as selfish ballhogs but for those championship years they either embraced the fact that they need to play within the team or sucked it up and played team basketball because they understood it gave them the best chance at winning.

people give AI props for doing it his own way but to blatantly ignore what has proven to be the only way to success is nothing to brag about.[/QUOTE]I agree, but Kobe had Shaq & Pau to defer to, MJ had Pip to defer too. A.I. didn't have the same luxury to had perennial All-stars to defer to.
[/quote]Not so fast.

I've always been the first (and often the second, and third) to point out that Kobe's success came because of Phil+Shaq/Pau, and Jordan with Phil+Pip, but deferring is a choice.

Yes, they were granted those pieces, but Larry Brown is no slouch, and AI refused him. He had NBA caliber teammates to defer to, but as a career, he just didn't.

[quote name="instagram"][QUOTE name="sea manup"]everything before his first championship[/QUOTE]people or just books and quotes u read.

i dont think u were around those years were you?[/quote]I wasn't around for Albert Einstein, but I know he was a genius. That's what history is for.

Regarding Mike, regarding this statement:

"people were talking about how he would never win because he was too selfish and didnt trust his teammates"

That's absolutely true. Revisionist history would be trying to deny that because it doesn't fit how someone wants him to be remembered.

Too bad.

That's absolutely true. I remember.

As much as I hate lebron and the Cavs I'm sad for kyrie. This was gonna be a great series if he was healthy.

No hate on the Warriors but they avoided the Spurs clippers and a healthy Cavs squad. Would have been nice to see them tested.

Originally Posted by NickFolarin  
Originally Posted by sea manup  
the two biggest chuckers in nba history kobe and MJ were widely regarded as selfish ballhogs but for those championship years they either embraced the fact that they need to play within the team or sucked it up and played team basketball because they understood it gave them the best chance at winning.

people give AI props for doing it his own way but to blatantly ignore what has proven to be the only way to success is nothing to brag about.
I agree, but Kobe had Shaq & Pau to defer to, MJ had Pip to defer too. A.I. didn't have the same luxury to had perennial All-stars to defer to.
Not so fast.

I've always been the first (and often the second, and third) to point out that Kobe's success came because of Phil+Shaq/Pau, and Jordan with Phil+Pip, but deferring is a choice.

Yes, they were granted those pieces, but Larry Brown is no slouch, and AI refused him. He had NBA caliber teammates to defer to, but as a career, he just didn't.
I will agree with you on that.

As much as I hate lebron and the Cavs I'm sad for kyrie. This was gonna be a great series if he was healthy.

No hate on the Warriors but they avoided the Spurs clippers and a healthy Cavs squad. Would have been nice to see them tested.

I said the same thing. The Warriors definitely deserve to be where they are but they dodged the 3 best teams in the Spurs, Clippers, and Durant with the Thunder this year. And now no Kyrie. I dont think they'll cruise to the Finals like this next year. Injuries and the Rockets ruined the NBA this year from an entertainment standpoint.

Last edited:

The rockets were the challenge, mostly every game was close, as for the Warriors sometimes you just luck out

CP3 is overrated and it may sound weird that I don't think TP is better but I would take him over CP3.

I will never think Tony is better than CP3 and no 1 can ever convince me otherwise
That's because you have some sense bro 
laugh.gif

Y'all say CP3 is overrated so much that I don't think he's overrated anymore 
laugh.gif

Like just yesterday one of y'all said russ and steph were MILESSSS better than "Fatboy" or something. Like come on man lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't think NT would hate Iverson. Just doesn't seem like someone this forum would hate on.

Y'all say CP3 is overrated so much that I don't think he's overrated anymore 
laugh.gif

Like just yesterday one of y'all said russ and steph were MILESSSS better than "Fatboy" or something. Like come on man lol
you a fan. you never thought he was overrated to begin with. 

you a fan. you never thought he was overrated to begin with. 
That has nothing to do with the point. How can he be overrated if literally everyone, from NT to Outside of NT, all say he's overrated 
laugh.gif

And I never thought he was overrated because I call it like he is. He's in the first tier of PG's in the league with Steph and Russ. To say one is better than the other is hair splitting. Team Success and the like have a lot to do with circumstance which is why I don't make that the deciding factor when ranking players. Circumstance and luck matters.

Overtly stating that someone, whose accomplishments are known and relatively impressive, has accomplished absolutely nothing, is hating.
that i agree with . one person said that though. 

how is a career 19 & 10 player overrated?

how can you even type that while being srs
stats lines arent everything ...

doesnt mean hes not a great player.  do ppl not know the definition of overrated. doesnt mean you calling someone trash cuz you say they are overrated. 

Last edited:
All you dudes comparing CP3, TP, Iverson, and other non-playoff players and teams are the same dudes that cry and request fans take non-playoff team/player discussion into the non-playoff thread.

The hypocrisy is real.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom