Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasnt his shooting that lost yall the game though, it was his effort

watch the replays, when they showed the "highlights" of delly locking up steph it was just delly playing him close denying the ball and steph standing and walking around without any effort to get open. I could guard steph if he plays like that.

meanwhile on the other end lebron is putting in 110% effort every time down trying to out muscle his defender and get the ball in the post. he didnt shoot well either but the difference between how hard the two opposing stars were playing was the difference maker. not the poor shooting

This another reason I cant stand him. Hes all energy & taunting when things are going his way but disappears when things arent. Playing like that dont deserve you the MVP & damn sure not the championship

watch the replays, when they showed the "highlights" of delly locking up steph it was just delly playing him close denying the ball and steph standing and walking around without any effort to get open. I could guard steph if he plays like that.

meanwhile on the other end lebron is putting in 110% effort every time down trying to out muscle his defender and get the ball in the post. he didnt shoot well either but the difference between how hard the two opposing stars were playing was the difference maker. not the poor shooting

I hear what you saying but honestly I think he just couldn't find a rhythm all night which kinda threw the rest of his game off but I don't see that happening again.

I'm confident that once they watch game film, he'll adjust accordingly whether it's making plays for his teammates or just finding better looks for himself.

Bron's doing great right now but he's going to get fatigued soon. Like i said earlier in this thread, dude's been playing a crazy amount these past five years. We already saw it creep up on him last year.

Questions

1. Delly plays great defense. Do y'all think it comes from guarding Irving on practice these past couple years? I mean...

Iron sharpens iron... And I'm sure they both improve in practice because they're both good at what they do

2. What if the cavs defense is just good? Atlanta's offense look like Butter all season, then they looked like molasses against the cavs.

There's going to be a game where curry and co go 14 for 29 from three, and just steamroll the cavs... You can feel it

I think so.
I remember that Phil Jackson said the toughest 1 on 1 he witnessed were the sparing between MJ and pippen.
i think both benefited from each other.
So this might have similar effect when delly had to play against kyrie.

Steph will try to get the ball for like two hard moments in a possession and if the denial is still there, he dies and floats as the play goes on without him. 

Still believe that in order for steph to be efficient from here on out, he won't be the 25 to 30 ppg guy. The Cavs look hell bent on not letting him get jiggy. One play four players followed him to the corner last night 
laugh.gif

Between delly hounding him before he gets the ball, when he gets the ball, then when he uses pick and roll they aren't switching they are holding to delly recovers, steph's scoring will probably be relatively average for him as the series progresses. Where he should take advantage is how they are defending him on PnR. He should just drag it out as far as he can and allow the other warriors to take advantage of that. 

This another reason I cant stand him. Hes all energy & taunting when things are going his way but disappears when things arent. Playing like that dont deserve you the MVP & damn sure not the championship

It's just one game though :lol:

You guys are acting like Curry's game has completely spoiled since the second Dellevadova's skin touched Curry's.

I never knew someone who couldn't stand Steph Curry. I thought he was NT's NBA Teddy Bridgewater.

Last edited:
[quote name="lakersman3000"][quote name="dmxfury"]I guess whenever I watch any game I find myself rooting for a team. Sometimes I won't even know who till like half way through :lol:
C'mon now :smh:[/quote]yeah. Don't agree with ska on that. Really doesn't make any sense. When you are emotionally invested in something makes the whole experience more enjoyable.[/quote]I can't tell if you guys agree with me or not because you keep switching things up. :lol:

watching and hoping someone wins = having an agenda

hoping someone wins like halfway through = watching and hoping someone wins = having an agenda

Watching just to watch is what I'm getting at.

Being emotionally invested can mean a ton of things. I can be watching women's softball or watching these college baseball games, and I don't care at all who wins, the entire game. See a team go down early then stage a comeback late, I really don't care if they complete the comeback and win, or if the team that was on top holds on. Just watching good baseball/softball.

Of course I watch games that aren't my teams and I'm pulling for/against someone, but I'm not talking about those times.

I'm strictly talking about just watching with no care, no emotional investment; just wanting to see competitiveness. :lol:

No way I'm the only one who watches games like that sometimes. Like I said, I'm positive both of you do sometimes. Just watching.

Last edited:

I hear what you saying but honestly I think he just couldn't find a rhythm all night which kinda threw the rest of his game off but I don't see that happening again.

I'm confident that once they watch game film, he'll adjust accordingly whether it's making plays for his teammates or just finding better looks for himself.

Bron's doing great right now but he's going to get fatigued soon. Like i said earlier in this thread, dude's been playing a crazy amount these past five years. We already saw it creep up on him last year.
that's my point though, he may have very well started the game full of energy but after missing his first few shots he cant let his lack of shooting rhythm effect all the other aspects of his game. if he's not shooting well and not even getting the ball on offense he should be spending more energy on defense or working harder to get his teammates open looks. this is the nba finals, there is no excuse for that type of body language and effort. 

not making the right plays is one thing, everyone makes mistakes. but lack of effort is unacceptable, he let his team down last night 

It's just one game though :lol:

You guys are acting like Curry's game has completely spoiled since the second Dellevadova's skin touched Curry's.

Na I've been noticed stuff like that before tho. That wasnt a one game thing

I never knew someone who couldn't stand Steph Curry. I thought he was NT's NBA Teddy Bridgewater.

Dont like dudes demeanor & shot selection. Named him in my top 5 hated athletes before the Finals started. And im never in the S&T section so I aint know Bridgewater is liked like that one :lol:

that's my point though, he may have very well started the game full of energy but after missing his first few shots he cant let his lack of shooting rhythm effect all the other aspects of his game. if he's not shooting well and not even getting the ball on offense he should be spending more energy on defense or working harder to get his teammates open looks. this is the nba finals, there is no excuse for that type of body language and effort. 

not making the right plays is one thing, everyone makes mistakes. but lack of effort is unacceptable, he let his team down last night 
Real talk. It's exactly what everyone killed Lebron for all those years.

2 great Bron performances, 2 close games followed by three routes like last year.

Apples and oranges.

Considering the opponent. Compared to this squad, with no Finals experience, from the HC on down.

Not to say the Warriors aren't capable of winning it all, but I seriously doubt they run off three in a row against this defense.

Steph will try to get the ball for like two hard moments in a possession and if the denial is still there, he dies and floats as the play goes on without him. 

Still believe that in order for steph to be efficient from here on out, he won't be the 25 to 30 ppg guy. The Cavs look hell bent on not letting him get jiggy. One play four players followed him to the corner last night 
laugh.gif

Between delly hounding him before he gets the ball, when he gets the ball, then when he uses pick and roll they aren't switching they are holding to delly recovers, steph's scoring will probably be relatively average for him as the series progresses. Where he should take advantage is how they are defending him on PnR. He should just drag it out as far as he can and allow the other warriors to take advantage of that. 
another thing i noticed was how when he did get the ball drey would come over to run a PnR like they have all season but steph would make the wrong read and ignore the screen which resulted in poor spacing and drey's man getting easy double teams and traps on steph

he really does need a go to move or play to get him going. guys like lebron and kobe will throw up heat check shots when they're feeling it but if they really need to grind out a few points they have their post ups. steph is a bit too small to be posting up but he needs something other than endless heat check 3s in hopes of one going in

It's just one game though
laugh.gif

It's happened before though. It's not the first time we've seen it. It's like he can't cope when things aren't going his way and instead of switching things up he just pouts and keeps beating his fist on the wall expecting to break through. His skill level is just so high that it doesn't happen often. He'll probably be fine next game.

It isn't delle's defense... He got buckets on tony allens wild defense, his problem is aggressiveness. 15 3s vs a back up point guard??

And then Lebron... His performances are great but he should easily be avg 50 or fouling out the whole team, gsw went small and bron was taller than every gsw defender and was still shooting fadeaways on top of them letting him get 12 dribbles with no help

Apples and oranges.

Considering the opponent. Compared to this squad, with no Finals experience, from the HC on down.

Not to say the Warriors aren't capable of winning it all, but I seriously doubt they run off three in a row against this defense.

stop making sense.

[quote name="Based Jesus"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]Seeing who is going to win is not having an agenda.

An agenda is wanting; just watching is just curious.[/QUOTE]Semantics. Wanting to see who wins is the purpose for watching sports. That is the basic agenda for anyone who watches a game. The reason for that agenda may differ but the agenda remains the same for all. They want to see who wins.[/quote]Not even close.

Wondering what the soup of the day is at a restaurant is NOT the same as hoping the soup of the day is clam chowder.

Wondering who is going to win is NOT the same as hoping a certain team will.

That's not semantics. Calling something completely different by the same name is not semantics; it's stubbornness. :lol:

a lot of the open looks the warriors get are from curry setting screens for cutters when both defenders are focused on him. he hardly made any contact on these screens last night and it was a big part of why the cav's D looked so great 

It isn't delle's defense... He got buckets on tony allens wild defense, his problem is aggressiveness. 15 3s vs a back up point guard??

And then Lebron... His performances are great but he should easily be avg 50 or fouling out the whole team, gsw went small and bron was taller than every gsw defender and was still shooting fadeaways on top of them letting him get 12 dribbles with no help

You know it takes alot of energy to just keep bulldozing thru teams all game every game right? Dude fatigues like everyone else. Yea in some situations he takes a softer approach with those fadeways but in most cases he goes right at his opponents

The film room on NBA TV that they have been doing for the finals is one of the coolest things they could've done. Love it

But damn those first two games were crazy. Either team could easily be up 2-0 in the series after that.

Fortunately for each team, series is still far from over. Series really just started after the road team won a game.

LeBron is a beast, as usual. Dubs can't stop him really unless they limit his assists. He will find his numbers/team though.

Klay picked up Steph and the team yesterday. Delly did a great job overall tho, gotta give him props. Steph has to adjust to him.

2 great Bron performances, 2 close games followed by three routes like last year.

Apples and oranges.

it's all about adjustments. as soon as the warriors find away to defend the high pick and roll and rebound, i think the series is over.

Last edited:

Yeah, true, i definitely think he let them down but for me, it was just one game and I'm confident he'll bounce back. However, if this continues in the next game, then i might start to panic a bit. As for now, i'm taking this as more of a one time deal then an actual trend for Steph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom