No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

To be honest, adopting a child is something I have been giving some thought to lately.

Being stuck in the foster care system can be hell on kids. Especially young black boys.

The thought of saving one of them from that hell is one way I feel I can make a difference.

I used to be a social worker and what's even crazier is there's a massive shortage of foster homes. So kids ultimately end up being streamlined through DIFFERENT foster homes on a daily or nightly basis and often spending days in the office with the social worker when no daycare is available. Imagine the toll that takes on kids? Going to a different home every night and spending days with a bunch of adults you don't know. So damn sad. System is completely broken.

I'd be working on my computer with a 4 month old baby on my lap 50% of the time.

Bro not everyone’s grandparents can watch their kids.

Infant daycare is expensive af.

My daughter is 12 now, the costs of a kid are nothing compared to when she was little.

Get her some clothes, pay for gymnastics and some food and she’s good.

Babies cost waaaaaaay more.
I always knew they were expensive but my girl's sister recently had a baby, she is young and a full time student, also the dad is a clown, so me and girl basically pay for everything.

And oh my God them little mother ****ers are expensive. Everytime I would have to go buy formula and diapers I wanted ask the cashier if she rang up something twice, or three times.

Everytime she took the baby for a check up, some new issue comes up you gotta spend money on.

Last edited:
I used to be a social worker and what's even crazier is there's a massive shortage of foster homes. So kids ultimately end up being streamlined through DIFFERENT foster homes on a daily or nightly basis and often spending days in the office with the social worker when no daycare is available. Imagine the toll that takes on kids? Going to a different home every night and spending days with a bunch of adults you don't know. So damn sad. System is completely broken.

I'd be working on my computer with a 4 month old baby on my lap 50% of the time.
Idealistically, what should the system look like?

no its not, maybe DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican to quote him is cultural, but latino families ALWAYS take care of family member kids, parents will throw some change or favors or some food, but its basically family looking out for fam.

not for nothing, ya don't think about any of this stuff years in advance to prepare just in case?
you don't speak for all latinos at all.
you really don't know what you're talking about on this.
definitely reevaluate your thinking before you have kids. you don't want to learn the hard way as far as how hard things can be.

even with everything planned out it doesn't always go that way and a lot of times is nothing like you think it'll be.
you can have 17 sisters and 25 cousins you're cool with that you helped raise and all that, you still won't know til you have your own children.

Bruh you got some families were each parent and each sibling stay across country in their own place.

My Dad lives with his new bm in another state.
My mom is in a facility.
My sis lives with her military husband travelling everywhere with two small kids.

Technically were all on our own. We just use to live together back in the day is how it really feels lol.

having family that loves you is a luxury? cold world for some of ya :lol:

Man what? Again, youre drastically oversimplifying this. I don't understand how you can't see this.

I'll use myself as an example. I grew up in a single-parent household. My father still works 50+ hours a week and travels for work regularly, what grandparent am I leaving my kids with?

There are so many variables to this, I dont understand how you see everything neatly tucked inside this convenient bubble.

you don't speak for all latinos at all.
you really don't know what you're talking about on this.

i speak from experience, i have ALOT of family and they all look out for eachother's kids.

some of ya letting pride speak over practicality and love.

i speak from experience, i have ALOT of family and they all look out for eachother's kids.

some of ya letting pride speak over practicality and love.
But you don't have kids on your own that has to plan and care for a child 24/7. You're still out there driving da hemi and shooting up the club. So you can't tell people in here with kids that it's cheap when they have kids and know how expensive it is first hand.

It's not pride.

I'll use myself as an example. I grew up in a single-parent household. My father still works 50+ hours a week and travels for work regularly, what grandparent am I leaving my kids with?

cousins? neighbors? kids mom's side of fam? some folks just adverse to leaving their kids to others, thats fine but then it cuts your options.

3 of my neighbors used to babysit me and my mom would cook for em or toss em some bread, none of this was formal, da folks in my building i know em since i was born.

Really no such thing as planned either. Know multiple rich families that are broke paying for medication and therapy for children born with disabilities. Have all the cash you want, what will you do when your kid is born with the inability to use their legs, require a feeding tube, etc. now THAT is what deters me from having another. Healthy kids is not a given. I work with that all day but having one of my own is not the same thing

Of course but based ON the number of kids in the system, what would be "ideal?"

That's sort of a loaded question, but one example is the ease with which the department will remove children from their home while an investigation is conducted. KIds used to get removed because their parents smoked weed. So the same way weed convictions has created thousands if not millions of years of prison time, it has done the same thing to break up families.

Also, relatives can be denied kinship custody because of a minor charge on their record from decades ago. So the only alternative is throwing the child through foster care.

More than a third of foster kids leave the system without a high school diploma or GED, according to the Children’s Law Center of California. Fewer than half are employed in the first 12 to 18 months after aging out. A third of kids exhibit mental health disorders, often post-traumatic stress disorder. More than a quarter will be incarcerated in the first two years after leaving the system, and a third will need public assistance.

There's an HBO doc that just premiered last week if you're really interested. It's documents California's foster system, which has the most foster kids out of any state by far.

Yall know better than to try to convince Ninja when hes wrong...that man dies with his takes or throws em deep in the spin cycle :lol: :smh:

We got cats with kids telling him what hes saying aint the case and yo STILL not trying hear it

there's no blueprint to raise children, but seems some of ya ain't tapping into resources ya could use.

Back
Top Bottom