No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

kids only get expensive when junior high school hits..cuz social peer pressure hits so u gotta make sure they're good when they're well behaved.

tenor.gif

My guy I know you have women in the Heights paying for daycare. Tell em to run you that memo. Kids aren't expensive until JHS? I want to live in your world :lol:

Fk no.

Animals are here to procreate and survive...I'm not an animal. I'm human with thoughts, emotions, high brain function.

I do agree that part of human nature is to procreate, but we also have the ability to evolve and realize that over population is destroying the very world we live in and change that.

Procreation is one of the most selfish things to do in my opinion. The desire to pass on your legacy and make sure that your dna gets passed on to the next generations? Who cares lol?
starting your legacy is the best gratification you can get. Instant or delayed.
U ever been on an airplane? Look down 15 min after take off. So much space you can’t even hair transplant da land. Industrialization got y’all thinking overpopulation.

let's be honest fellas, kids only become expensive when ages hit double digits. when they are small they are not expensive at all, reasons for not having them are largely selfish derived, let's just be honest about that. also I definitely validate that having kids with da wrong partner can be devastating to a man and his income for a prolonged amount of his lifetime so that is another great reason why so many people or scared apprehensive of them.
lol this isn't true at all.
daycare costs are ridiculous. the younger the kid the more you are paying for sure.
toddlers eat. and eat. and eat. and eat some more after.
at the infant/newborn stage, diapers, formula if they aren't breastfeeding, clothes, all that adds up.
breastfeeding adds up too. your relationship will be different. period.

lets be honest and say that you don't know what you're talking about and that you likely wont until you choose to have kids.

as far as this "selfish" stuff, ppl need to STOP insulting ppl just because they won't succumb to being forced to make life changing decisions they don't want to make.
the same ppl hollering selfish are the same ppl that won't watch anyone, won't pay for anything, won't and don't even want to be bothered once their friends have kids, etc.

when that kid is crying from teething at 2am and wakes up at 6am and wants to nurse or play or make a bunch of noise and you have to be to work at 7am some of you will remember what I said. its hard.

Last edited:
da irony is nature gives humans da most advanced brains and we use that intelligence to essentially destroy ourselves by not procreating. If not reproducing leads to our downfall, was supreme intelligence and self-awareness ultimately a error in evolution?
you're missing external factors that have nothing to do with the most basic levels of procreation and all of that.
society is society.
the powers that be are the powers that be.
rules and laws and all of that have been made up and put into effect with you and I having no say so in the matter.

what I mean by that is that within our country, they have made if incredibly difficult for a lot of ppl to be able to afford children and be able to sustain themselves and be happy. look how many hours we are expected to work. look at the stagnant wages. look at how they treat women and men when they want to go on leave to take care of their newborn(s). look at these policies.

and all of that is stressful without the extra stuff like hormones changing your relationship with your s/o.
add on that added stress from hormones and its hard. its not something ppl should do because ppl feel they should do it.

i'm telling you its hard.
harder than you can know until you go through it yourself.

ppl need to have real talk with ppl about things such as this.

Procreation IS selfish.
Not having kids IS selfish

You have kids so YOU can be fulfilled.
You have kids so YOU can leave a legacy

It IS selfish. Sure, you do unselfish things while operating with a child but you have kids for YOU, not for anyone else.

So yes, it is selfish. But it is OK. It is your life, you are allowed to be selfish.

No negative connotation.
No negative connotation.
No negative connotation.
No negative connotation.
No negative connotation.

Hell no. Daycare, diapers, formula, clothes for rapidly growing humans, car seat, stroller, hygiene products. That sh*t is expensive. And that's just some of the necessities.

Uhhh, no. They are expensive from Day 1.

Exactly. You can tell by that comment that he obviously doesn't have kids. Even the birth itself can be a few grand after insurance.

Sounding like the dude that said becoming a lawyer is easy, just read books and memorize stuff.

Except for the fact that nobody has kids in that context. Your kids are all you leave in this world. Some people take pride in their bloodline and there's nothing wrong with that
There is NOTHING wrong with that but how is that not selfish?

There is NOTHING wrong with that

let's be honest fellas, kids only become expensive when ages hit double digits. when they are small they are not expensive at all, reasons for not having them are largely selfish derived, let's just be honest about that. also I definitely validate that having kids with da wrong partner can be devastating to a man and his income for a prolonged amount of his lifetime so that is another great reason why so many people or scared apprehensive of them.
Not having kids is no more selfish than HAVING kids.

Just different types of selfishness.

Uhhh, no. They are expensive from Day 1.

how? i got cousins with kids... daycare? its called da grand parents.. clothes? cheap af (don't buy expensive baby clothes doofs, they grow out of ish fast) food? cheap when you know where to buy.

da main thing is giving up being da #1 in your life and commiting to #2.

how? i got cousins with kids... daycare? its called da grand parents.. clothes? cheap af (don't buy expensive baby clothes doofs, they grow out of ish fast) food? cheap when you know where to buy.

What if the grandparents work, and/or dont all live in the area? food, what if the baby has sensitive stomach, allergies, or needs a special formula (more $$)? and like others have said, car seats, bottles, stroller, diapers, wipes, nursery furniture, toys, etc. etc.

for once just shut the **** up and stop speaking on things you are clueless about

I dont want you to think im trying to personally attack you, but there's no way you truly believe all of these things are a given.

Having parents willing and able to watch/take care of your kids is a luxury
Having the money to afford to purchase new clothes for constantly growing kids isn't a given, especially when your consider a majority of people in this country live paycheck to paycheck
Food follows the same logic as clothes, kids will damn near double your grocery bill

Even you have to admit you're drastically simplifying and generalizing this

Ninja,

1. Everyone doesn't start out with the same pool of $. So calling something affordable and assuming it will be affordable for all/most/many is a WILD claim.

2. Everyone doesn't have the luxury of having FREE child-care in the form of relatives being available to do so. What about the millions, AND MILLIONS, of transplants that live in various cities in America? Where are their aunts/grandparents to watch their kids for FREE? Not that simple man

Ninja when he finds out his side piece is pregnant

Untitled.png

you conveniently Segwayed into another point...some of ya either yaselves or ya baby momma gonna be broke, so EBT and welfare is gonna be a option for ya.

or if ya running scams, you can pretend be "broken up" wit your baby's mama, she gets on ebt, which automatically triggers child support in NYS, and she can basically give back da money da state gonna take from your check.

:lol: i got a couple coworkers doing this as we speak.

Bro not everyone’s grandparents can watch their kids.

Infant daycare is expensive af.

My daughter is 12 now, the costs of a kid are nothing compared to when she was little.

Get her some clothes, pay for gymnastics and some food and she’s good.

Babies cost waaaaaaay more.

Yeah, but you need to understand, not everyone has an income that support daycare comfortably or have grandparents who are willing or capable of taking care of children.

Prices of clothes varies on your child's growth.

Formula is not cheap. Regardless of where you buy.

You have yet to answer my question, do you have kids?

Some folks if their grandparents are even alive are old and sickly. I wouldn't be able to leave my kids with Grandma at a facility.

What if your job moved you to a city full if strangers?

So many variables. Not everyone has dependable family members.

Realizing that other people have more access and influence throughout the day than the working parent is a tough pill to swallow.

To be honest, adopting a child is something I have been giving some thought to lately.

Being stuck in the foster care system can be hell on kids. Especially young black boys.

The thought of saving one of them from that hell is one way I feel I can make a difference.
It's sad to see kids in that system. Growing up, I became friends with a couple of kids who lived in a foster home a couple houses down. Last I heard some they all got caught up with something and are doing time. Sucks.

Having parents willing and able to watch/take care of your kids is a luxury

no its not, maybe DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican to quote him is cultural, but latino families ALWAYS take care of family member kids, parents will throw some change or favors or some food, but its basically family looking out for fam.

Even you have to admit you're drastically simplifying and generalizing this

not for nothing, ya don't think about any of this stuff years in advance to prepare just in case?

Back
Top Bottom