No soda July

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by 1994SS

These is gonna be easy. Even the people who drink 6 cans a day, just find a substitute. When there's no pop, I get Iced tea which is perfect for the summer.

And just the same as drinking soda.
Unless you're making it at home, fresh brewed , and using a little sugar, or stevia, or splenda.

Dudes asking what about this? what about that?

Come on, if you question it, don't pick it up. Looking for shortcuts
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Definitely.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

I would be down to do this, but would energy drinks count? I'm guessing so. Has anyone ever read the nutrient facts in the back on those things?

Monster Energy
Nutrition Facts:
serving size 8 fl oz; servings per container 2; calories 100; total carbs 26g; sugars 26g; vitamin c 60mg; riboflavin 1.7mg; niacin 20mg; vitamin b6 2mg; vitamin b12 6mcg; sodium 180mg; taurine 1000mg; panax-ginseng 200mg; energy blend 2500mg

A can usually has 16 oz which is two servings.

52g of carbs and sugar?!?! Yikes

At least it's kind of "low carb"
laugh.gif
No one answered my question about this. 

if you want something refreshing try 100% cranberry juice, make sure it's Ice cold
pimp.gif
enjoy

I would be down to do this, but would energy drinks count? I'm guessing so. Has anyone ever read the nutrient facts in the back on those things?

Monster Energy
Nutrition Facts:
serving size 8 fl oz; servings per container 2; calories 100; total carbs 26g; sugars 26g; vitamin c 60mg; riboflavin 1.7mg; niacin 20mg; vitamin b6 2mg; vitamin b12 6mcg; sodium 180mg; taurine 1000mg; panax-ginseng 200mg; energy blend 2500mg

laugh.gif
Yeah, those things are basically soda but with more caffeine (and other faddy additives) and marketed differently. There wouldn't be much point in cutting out soda and adding 2 of those a day.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Monster Energy
Nutrition Facts:

laugh.gif
Yeah, those things are basically soda but with more caffeine (and other faddy additives) and marketed differently. There wouldn't be much point in cutting out soda and adding 2 of those a day.

not to mention guarana and taurine are horrible for your body

Monster Energy
Nutrition Facts:

laugh.gif
While it has much less sugar than most other sodas, 26g of sugar is still a lot when you consider there is only about 4g of sugar in a teaspoon.
The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends limiting the amount of added sugars you consume to no more than half of your daily discretionary calories allowance. For most American women, that’s no more than 100 calories per day, or about 6 teaspoons of sugar (24g). For men, it’s 150 calories per day, or about 9 teaspoons (36g).

if you want to try iced tea you have to make sure you don od on the sugar , try some honey instead of sugar or use it in moderation

I'm happy so many of you are kicking soda to the curb for a month and I'ma let you finish. But The Dark Knight Rises special edition Dark Berry mountain dew is liquid crack.

*Manny shrug

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I'm happy so many of you are kicking soda to the curb for a month and I'ma let you finish. But The Dark Knight Rises special edition Dark Berry mountain dew is liquid crack.

*Manny shrug

Take that post to the official Dark Knight Rises Thread

What are some good alternatives to straigh H20, which is refreshing but if I'm gonna take this through the summer I'm gonna need a substitute sometimes

Glad to say I haven't drank (or is it drunk? Lol) soda for quite a while now.

Pretty much drink only water when I'm not drinking alcohol & juices (oj & cran) I only drink in the morning…

Back
Top Bottom