No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

I'm just waiting for these prices to drop

They're not.

I've done a lot of reading on this stuff since the United airlines beat down and the airline industry is in its worst state in years.

American Airlines can treat its customers a certain way cuz they can. There's been a lot of mergers in recent years and thus less competition in the industry. 80 percent of flights are controlled by 4 major airlines.

Boycotting American Airlines will be pretty tough depending on where in the US you want to go.

Prices aren't going to drop.

The industry needs an overhaul. There was something the government did that allowed airlines to merge. Gotta take that away. And airlines have so far been successful somehow from keeping foreign airlines from introducing themselves to the US market.

If the government can introduce new change that'd make it easier for foreign competition to grow over here it'd go a long way towards airline reform and getting prices to drop.

I think if the US airlines have had a lot of healthy competition in the mix, United Airlines would've dropped off the face of the earth already.

Last edited:
There are good news though. United is concerned enoufh with its image that they have apparently made changes already.

United Airlines crew has to be booked an hour before its flight. If the airline is already boarded they will have to wait for the next flight or find alternative transport.

They have also raised the incentive max for giving up your seat to 10,000 dollars, apparently

Last edited:
I want to book a flight and pray they need to kick someone off. That new 10k incentive is enticing. I'll get off any flight for 10k man [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

10k? Say no more
jerry-done.gif

I believe 10k is the most they can offer, so people would probably jump off before they got to 10k. People would jump out at 2-3k easily.

United Airlines just removed a couple marrying on Saturday from their plane. The airplane was half empty.

Damn these ****** never learn lmao

United Airlines just removed a couple marrying on Saturday from their plane. The airplane was half empty.

Damn these ****** never learn lmao
Idk. This is different. Apparantly, they repeatedly tried to sneak into first class?

No they sat in row 24, tried to move to row 21. Both economy, but United considers row 21 "Economy Plus" so sort of an upgrade. Funny thing is after they kicked them off and the flight was in the air the flight attendants announced that folks are free to move around because there were plenty seats available :lol:. Again more employees lacking creativity and critical thinking. There should have been no issue allowing newlyweds to hold that seat.

Being kicked off in that scenario is extreme.

Last edited:
Yea, apparently the newlyweds even offered to pay for the economy + seats too.

Lol. I will try to avoid United Airlines if I can. Considering the airline industry is monopolized by 4 major airlines, it makes it hard depending on where I'm planning on flying to.

We've done that upgrade on United on an international flight and it was like 30 bucks a seat. They essentially got booted for scraps.

Lol I just read another story about how a ten year old was booted off a Canadian flight, but the parents weren't. Obviously, the parents didn't take the flight. They would be bad parents. All three of them ended up doing something else altogether. Parents complained that airline tried to cheap them on the compensation too. :lol:

****** making me scared to fly now. I'm trying to fly to London this summer :lol:

im flying to NY next week. i pray to whoever that its oversold and i get bumped.

im tryna cash out. lol.

Back
Top Bottom