non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

Why do you care what non-blacks think of his movies? The man is getting paid and most of his following is from black people. Most white people don't watch his movies. Black people stay worrying about what non blacks think of them. It's sad. I don't find that whole Medea character funny but he found his niche and he isn't hurting anyone so let him be. It's hard enough for a black man to get that high in the success ladder like he has. Black people need to support him rather than throw stones at this man.

Why do you care what non-blacks think of his movies? The man is getting paid and most of his following is from black people. Most white people don't watch his movies. Black people stay worrying about what non blacks think of them. It's sad. I don't find that whole Medea character funny but he found his niche and he isn't hurting anyone so let him be. It's hard enough for a black man to get that high in the success ladder like he has. Black people need to support him rather than throw stones at this man.

dude has TBS on lock. Personally saw him on conan the other night, seemed like a good dude. Never was interested in seeing one of those corney movies though.

dude has TBS on lock. Personally saw him on conan the other night, seemed like a good dude. Never was interested in seeing one of those corney movies though.

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

I think the OP was referring to his "prevalence" within the black community, and wanting to know if he held high regards within the white community also...

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

I think the OP was referring to his "prevalence" within the black community, and wanting to know if he held high regards within the white community also...

Back
Top Bottom