non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

He makes a product and there's a large group of people who consume said product. He has no moral obligation to uphold, he's simply doing what he wants. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't act like he owes someone anything. If you think it's so bad, make something better so the people who consume his product stop consuming his and start consuming yours. Until then, *@%@. I'm not black.

He makes a product and there's a large group of people who consume said product. He has no moral obligation to uphold, he's simply doing what he wants. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't act like he owes someone anything. If you think it's so bad, make something better so the people who consume his product stop consuming his and start consuming yours. Until then, *@%@. I'm not black.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....ill tell you why Dirty. its because thats what we as black people do best.

eNPHAN had a big problem with TP and his movies, even going as far as to put him in the same category with Gucci Mane. to me thats a lazy observation. for the fact that regardless if you like TP or not his plays/movies are made with a positive message in mind. that alone seperates him from a Gucci or a Waka. any viewpoints otherwise are just blinded by hate.

.....further what made eNPHAN's arguments even more invalid was the fact that while he could find everything under the sun WRONG with TP. he couldnt find time to support the alternative.

- im the type that if you're going to stand on a soapbox proclaiming what should and shouldnt be. you better be either working on a solution, have a solution, or supporting an alternative. if not i dont wanna hear it.

eNPHAN asked where were our black musicals, i offered Dreamgirls which came out not too long ago and was really good. eNPHAN laughed at it.

eNPHAN asked for the movie showcasing a black action hero, in a black biographical movie on someone we should be more educated about. i offered Miracle in St. Anna by Spike Lee. but he didnt bother to go see it. it had a $45 million budget, and grossed $7.9 million.

the eNPHAN's of the black communtiy love this argument, but dont support the alternative........is typical
eyes.gif
.......and tired.

You mean when you countered his argument with logic and examples supporting that logic... he dismissed it and never acknowledged it?!?!

eek.gif

That's UNHEARD of... I would NEVER expect something like that from that dude....EVER

Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif

In before the

"oh my name is still in your mouth? BWAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hop off BWAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have fans that cant get me out of their mouths BWAHAHA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

;lasfdoavhewlkjhsalfa BWAAHAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

- eNPHAN has to be banned right now or something. aint no way in hell this thread could have gotten to 11 pages without a word from him. he really had it in for TP.....

....oh and the same argument about current rap music and TP? i said the same thing back in december in that other thread. only i said BET.

.....but basically if you call yourself talking bad about TP yet you still tune into the latest waka....gucci, and you tune into BET regularly? YOU HAVE NO VOICE ON THIS ISSUE. either that or you need to check yourself. choose one.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

.....ill tell you why Dirty. its because thats what we as black people do best.

eNPHAN had a big problem with TP and his movies, even going as far as to put him in the same category with Gucci Mane. to me thats a lazy observation. for the fact that regardless if you like TP or not his plays/movies are made with a positive message in mind. that alone seperates him from a Gucci or a Waka. any viewpoints otherwise are just blinded by hate.

.....further what made eNPHAN's arguments even more invalid was the fact that while he could find everything under the sun WRONG with TP. he couldnt find time to support the alternative.

- im the type that if you're going to stand on a soapbox proclaiming what should and shouldnt be. you better be either working on a solution, have a solution, or supporting an alternative. if not i dont wanna hear it.

eNPHAN asked where were our black musicals, i offered Dreamgirls which came out not too long ago and was really good. eNPHAN laughed at it.

eNPHAN asked for the movie showcasing a black action hero, in a black biographical movie on someone we should be more educated about. i offered Miracle in St. Anna by Spike Lee. but he didnt bother to go see it. it had a $45 million budget, and grossed $7.9 million.

the eNPHAN's of the black communtiy love this argument, but dont support the alternative........is typical
eyes.gif
.......and tired.

You mean when you countered his argument with logic and examples supporting that logic... he dismissed it and never acknowledged it?!?!

eek.gif

That's UNHEARD of... I would NEVER expect something like that from that dude....EVER

Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif

In before the

"oh my name is still in your mouth? BWAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hop off BWAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have fans that cant get me out of their mouths BWAHAHA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

;lasfdoavhewlkjhsalfa BWAAHAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

- eNPHAN has to be banned right now or something. aint no way in hell this thread could have gotten to 11 pages without a word from him. he really had it in for TP.....

....oh and the same argument about current rap music and TP? i said the same thing back in december in that other thread. only i said BET.

.....but basically if you call yourself talking bad about TP yet you still tune into the latest waka....gucci, and you tune into BET regularly? YOU HAVE NO VOICE ON THIS ISSUE. either that or you need to check yourself. choose one.

Agreed.  Like I said earlier, it really depends on the rappers we're talking about in comparison.  Guys like Tyler Perry, Waka, Plies and a list of others are people we simply can do without in the black community. 

Agreed.  Like I said earlier, it really depends on the rappers we're talking about in comparison.  Guys like Tyler Perry, Waka, Plies and a list of others are people we simply can do without in the black community. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

.....let me clarify.

- im NOT saying TP is as bad as others claim. i am only saying IF one feels that way then the above applies across all AA media BET included.

.....i LIKE TP's work. and have NO PROBLEMS with it.

.....let me clarify.

- im NOT saying TP is as bad as others claim. i am only saying IF one feels that way then the above applies across all AA media BET included.

.....let me clarify.

I hear ya champ, but I'm saying to you and other Tyler Perry is DEFINITELY just as bad as the aforementioned individuals. 

.....let me clarify.

I hear ya champ, but I'm saying to you and other Tyler Perry is DEFINITELY just as bad as the aforementioned individuals. 

.....let me clarify.

.....hey, im for the betterment of our community as a whole. i have nothing against someone that takes issue with TP as long as they follow suit across the board. and not picking and choose by singling out TP while tuning into BET and going to see Soul Plane. 

- i dont take issue with TP, but some do, and thats fine by me because they have our best intrests in mind.

.....let me clarify.

.....hey, im for the betterment of our community as a whole. i have nothing against someone that takes issue with TP as long as they follow suit across the board. and not picking and choose by singling out TP while tuning into BET and going to see Soul Plane. 

- i dont take issue with TP, but some do, and thats fine by me because they have our best intrests in mind.

tyler perry is the updated Martin Lawrence, except martin is funny. never seen his movies tho, just judging from the posters 
Tyler%20Perrys%20Madeas%20Family%20Reunion-02.jpg

=

Big-Momma's-House2_L.jpg

who the hell watches this? 
sick.gif

tyler perry is the updated Martin Lawrence, except martin is funny. never seen his movies tho, just judging from the posters 
Tyler%20Perrys%20Madeas%20Family%20Reunion-02.jpg

=

Big-Momma's-House2_L.jpg

who the hell watches this? 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom