NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

Get Out was a better overall movie. As an allegory, US is phenomenal. As a story, it's lacking imo. I feel like there was such a great effort to make US "high minded" that they forget to invest in the basic story by answering essential questions: who made the clones and for what purpose; how does tethering work; why did the real Lupita wait until present day to make her move if she became free of her handcuffs at some point during her lifetime, etc.

Didnt enjoy it

Big fan of Get Out but this was confusing as hell, couldnt even stay up

could've cut down to 1.5 hrs.
solid movie. thought it was entertaining, had its moments, but nothing that blew my mind
Lupita was great :pimp: :evil:

How did the son get swapped when his clone’s mouth and face was burned :lol: movie has everyone thinking they’re on a higher psychological plane.
where's the explanation to this

first thing I noticed but then I shrugged it off

Movie was decent. Not great, not trash.

I want to know why the boy clone mimicked everything the boy did, but the others didn’t..

I also wonder if he got swapped like the mom did. The last scene of the movie made it seem that way.

I think his age had something to do with it. I think the younger you are the less resentful you are of the world around you because you just don't know any better really. So while the parents and the older sister became resentful of being forced to live in the shadow of their human counterparts, the younger brother didn't really have a chance to develop that awareness yet. So he was more or less chill with his human version.

i thought that was why his face was burned so he wouldnt be able to speak and say hes really the og
but wasn't the kid talking the whole movie til the end? I thought the clones or those underground couldn't actually talk?

Too many questions at the end that werent answered. Felt like I was watching a violent game of hide and seek with no purpose.

1) Where did these shadow people come from ?

2) Who was the guy in the green jacket on the beach whose hands were bleeding. He was the only one not wearing the red suit

3) Why were they hand in hand at the end

4) Why did the clone boy walk backwards when the real boy did ?

1. Remember when the tethered family first shows up and sits them down in the living room. She explained that they were forced to live underground because of some weird government cloning experiment that eventually got abandoned. So they had to eat raw rabbits to survive.

2. Good question. That never got answered.

3. Remember the t-shirt with people holding hands and said '1986' on it? It was a 'Hands Across America' t-shirt which was an event back in the day to promote donations for aid to Africa. The point of recreating that event was to tell the world that they are here and they need help too.

4. Remember the flashbacks to Lupita childhood? Where she had to do everything her human counterpart did? Same concept.

How did the son get swapped when his clone’s mouth and face was burned :lol: movie has everyone thinking they’re on a higher psychological plane.
I think he did get switched and tried to do the magic trick underground and it burned his mouth. Ignited with gas or something.

2) Who was the guy in the green jacket on the beach whose hands were bleeding. He was the only one not wearing the red suit

That's the clone of Jeremiah 11:11, his hand is bleeding from murdering the guy taken into the ambulance when the family arrives in the car

I think he did get switched and tried to do the magic trick underground and it burned his mouth. Ignited with gas or something.

That's the clone of Jeremiah 11:11, his hand is bleeding from murdering the guy taken into the ambulance when the family arrives in the car

correct, and he was wearing the red suit underneath his green jacket

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 7.18.48 PM.png

Why are people saying the son got switched? No way in hell the son was switched. At the end of the movie he KNOWS his mom used to be one of them, which is why he's a bit freaked out, but I think he just accepts it since he also knows that it's HIS mom. The kid definitely didn't get switched though.

Why are people saying the son got switched? No way in hell the son was switched. At the end of the movie he KNOWS his mom used to be one of them, which is why he's a bit freaked out, but I think he just accepts it since he also knows that it's HIS mom. The kid definitely didn't get switched though.

Yeah I don't think he got switched. I think he just put two and two together based on his interactions with his clone and how he saw her kill the white chick in her house.

You just didn't like the movie fam. Sounds like all you wanted was a pure horror film

You just didn't like the movie fam. Sounds like all you wanted was a pure horror film

I was looking for something to grab my attention and keep me on the edge of my seat. After the family came in the house and clone lupita was telling the story of why she was there I mentally checked out the movie. **** came off a silly. Like the clones “came” to kill them but instead did all their favorite activities with them :lol: :smh:

I was looking for something to grab my attention and keep me on the edge of my seat. After the family came in the house and clone lupita was telling the story of why she was there I mentally checked out the movie. **** came off a silly. Like the clones “came” to kill them but instead did all their favorite activities with them :lol: :smh:

Lupita clone had a deeper connection than all of the other clones. She took her life away from her. She wanted her to suffer.

At the same theatre getting ready to watch Shazaam and there a lot of kids waiting to see Us. I didn't think this would be a movie to get kid attention. I know these next showings gon be annoying

Yooooo this movie was dope. Definitely not as scary as a lot of people were paving it out to be. breaking down what everything could symbolize has been the best part. So many things I missed with that first viewing. Might have have to pull up on this again

Back
Top Bottom