NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

A good friend of mine watched this yesterday and he hated it. Like he said nothing positive what so ever.

Still watching but that was disappointing

Like the clones “came” to kill them but instead did all their favorite activities with them :lol: :smh:
This is a bad point.

Isn't that like every horror film ever made though ?
Killer/demon antagonist chases and trolls protagonist for an hour of the film, even though antagonist has plenty of opportunities to kill.

It's called plot armor. And like the other dude said, Red made it clear she wanted to make them suffer.

A good friend of mine watched this yesterday and he hated it. Like he said nothing positive what so ever.

Still watching but that was disappointing
Idk some people don’t understand ****

I have a friend who told me Get Out was terrible but his opinion is kinda trash about anything and everything

Was all in through the point where the tethered version of the white family appeared, at that point the movie was hitting all of the notes I was looking for, then the rest of the film unfolded and it just wasn’t as interesting as the first half. I’d say it’s worth a watch just for Lupita’s performance alone but I’m not in a rush for a rewatch like I was with Get Out

Last edited:
Movie was good IMO

Want to watch it again to catch things I missed.

They were wearing red jumpsuits because MJ wore the red outfit in the Thriller video.

I have a friend who told me Get Out was terrible but his opinion is kinda trash about anything and everything

Everybody is their own critic no doubt, but we usually like the same movies, which is the disappointing part.

Movie was cool man but it was cool in pockets. Like it had dead spots. Had my mans Winston in the wild corny lane. A lot of the jokes fell short too.

Def not better then get out. Maybe bc I didn’t go into get out with exceptations. The message and storyline with get out was dope man.

I’ll be watching it again forsure.

Last edited:
Only small tiny gripe is he coulda been more subtle with the parallels. He was spoon feeding like the viewer is stupid :lol: Instead of juxtaposing the real vs. clone opening scene at the end, coulda just only showed the clone scene from the little girl’s POV.
You been reading the responses in here? A lot of viewers are shallow end of the pond . He had to be obvious with a lot of it.

Really enjoyed it. The classism, nature vs nature and privilege themes
ohhh.png

Loved alot of the visuals

Just saw the movie, I expected more but it was decent movie. Didn’t hate it but I wouldn’t recommend it either.

Can somebody please explain to me why didn’t she just run back up the stairs to go back to the real world? Like I get that she was switched and shackled to the bed but once she got free why didn’t she just go back the same way she came in. What was holding her back? She wasn’t zombied out like everybody else there.

Wait so ppl think the little boy got switched once they arrived at the house?

Y'all keep talking about a magic trick like real magic existed in the damn movie. Wasnt no secret tunnel in that closet.

Besides the kid's evil clone had burn marks all over its mouth and they were already scarred over. There's no way the kid somehow magically swapped places with his evil clone, burned himself, and then starts acting like that later that night with scarred over wounds on the bottom half of his face..

Don't know where y'all getting this from.

Last edited:
Just saw the movie, I expected more but it was decent movie. Didn’t hate it but I wouldn’t recommend it either.

Can somebody please explain to me why didn’t she just run back up the stairs to go back to the real world? Like I get that she was switched and shackled to the bed but once she got free why didn’t she just go back the same way she came in. What was holding her back? She wasn’t zombied out like everybody else there.
She was unconcious and dragged down there, the stairs were obvious to us as viewers but not from her pov, she had no clue where she probably was. Not the easiest thing to plan an escape with that level of trauma at that young of an age either. Also the tethered versions of her parents were down there as well, that's an even more confusing layer for a child to process.

Last edited:
Cause it’s a big plot hole
And the movie lame as hell

She said she was plotting the whole time, also couldn’t speak because her larynx was crushed, didn’t have the uprising behind her to begin their takeover. Also maybe the people who started the cloning in the first place wouldn’t let her leave at that time before they abandoned them all

Regardless of that trying to use real life logic and applying it to a fictional story gets you nowhere. Jordan Peele is in the business of entertaining the audience, not trying to make a step by step tutorial on how to escape an abduction.

So you guys are saying the boy got switched at the beach?

Still confusing I thought he was talking and acting normal AFTER that

Really enjoyed it. The classism, nature vs nature and privilege themes
ohhh.png

Loved alot of the visuals
I think the nature vs nurture really isn’t getting enough focus as it deserves.

I haven’t really had enough time to digest and think about it, but I remember a lot of very distinct moments that made me think about how a child interprets everything, based mostly on their perspective which is greatly informed (subconsciously or otherwise) by the relationship their parents have. How your circumstances play the biggest factor in determining much of what your life is from the moment you’re born.

I could be projecting, because this is something I’ve thought and spoke a ton about over the last few years or so, but I definitely see that as a large part of the message the movie was trying to deliver.

Can’t let anyone’s opinion on a movie or show dictate how you feel. Learned that along time ago.

**** rotten tomatoes.

i see it kinda like within society theres the you that you project outwardly and the you that exists inside full of darkness

like that projection is capable of socialization, upward mobility etc

but theres a base that is the dark clones that is in essence the shadow that follows you, threatening to overtake you

like no one is really too far from falling from their projected selves into their shadow self

Why do people keep saying she just could run up the stairs ???

She was knocked out cold when she was dragged there and chained to a bed when she woke up
Yeah but she wasn’t knocked out cold and chained up for 30yrs. She had time to find her way out of there. Instead she chose to stay and live with them and plot an uprising against the real world. If the clone was able to walk up the stairs without anybody stopping her then why couldn’t anybody just do the same?

Back
Top Bottom