"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

She's right though...

It's not about being soft or not. No one gives a **** about who's soft. Music is music, if it's good it's good, if its not its not.

But if you call yourself a rapper and a fan of hip hop, the when someone who's at the level of popularity that Kendrick is right now calls you out, you respond. Man up! The art of battle rapping is just as much embedded in the blood of Hip Hop as several other facets of the music. You call yourself a rapper, and if you talk yourself up as much as he does, don't be a ***** and put your money where you mouth is.
Basically

So now the line is more about Pap than Drake..... Aight .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Badu with the truth.
pimp.gif
what links this to drake other than "nothing's been the same" which is a cliche phrase without drake's album title but he is very clever because he knew people would make the connection and he can deny it when asked about it

The word papoose is a type of pajama

From Vibe:

Papoose infamously went after Lamar  following the release of his "Control" verse in August. On his "Control' Freestyle," Papoose called Lamar a "f$#ing joke" and finished off with the poetic line: "Strip him to his socks, I bet you he got a *****/ My bullets hit ‘em dead in his cooty, come out his booty.”

Flip back to Lamar's cypher with the shout-outs to being "bulletproof" and "pajama clothes," and it appears the diss is directed at Papoose. One person who thinks so too? Papoose!
The majority thinks it is Drake so the hype alone will probably get him to respond. And Kendrick can play it off like Drake came at him out of nowhere. Lol smart.

If Drake does put out a diss, I hope he throws some shots at her instigating a**
mean.gif
.  In the words of J. Cole, "F*** it, everybody can get it."
She's right though...

It's not about being soft or not. No one gives a **** about who's soft. Music is music, if it's good it's good, if its not its not.

But if you call yourself a rapper and a fan of hip hop, the when someone who's at the level of popularity that Kendrick is right now calls you out, you respond. Man up! The art of battle rapping is just as much embedded in the blood of Hip Hop as several other facets of the music. You call yourself a rapper, and if you talk yourself up as much as he does, don't be a ***** and put your money where you mouth is.
I never said her statement was right or wrong, I just said she's instigating.  Who is she to be telling him to come back at Kendrick?  Has she even made a diss?  Srs, aware me
nerd.gif

You sound dumb when most of Kendrick's verse fits perfectly as a response to the words Papoose says but that one sentence automatically means he's talking about Drake? Stay in school

Stay in school?

Y'all just be saying anything on here when somebody gets you flustered. :lol:

Besides the first sentence how could this verse possibly be related to Drake? Every bar after that is a clear response to everything Papoose said

Pap: you a f___ joke we laugh at you
Kendrick: ha ha jokes on you (joke being when Kendrick let Pap come on stage @ Summer Jam)

Pap: my bullets hit em dead ...
Kendrick: I'm bulletproof ya s__ will never penetrate

But yeah "everybody know he talkin bout Drake", he want yall idiots to think he talking about Drake just get more attention

Last edited:

I never said her statement was right or wrong, I just said she's instigating.  Who is she to be telling him to come back at Kendrick?  Has she even made a diss?  Srs, aware me
nerd.gif
Nothing in my quote says that you said she was right or wrong. More of an addition to your post than a contradiction of it.

And she is just another person on Twitter who has an opinion. Just like, who are ANY of us to be telling him to respond or not. People have opinions. You don't have to have dissed someone to see reality for what it is.

Either way, the pressure is on Drake to respond since he was the one who acted all hurt by it. Dude could've just kept it pushin like the other dudes he mentioned and he wouldn't even be in this situation.

"Are you going to wait to hear the full verse?
I don’t gotta wait, he’s very predictable. I already know what he’s capable of and what he’s gonna say; he’s very predictable. I don’t gotta wait. I can go right now and crush that little 15-second **** he did. That ain’t even about nothing. The guy’s predictable; he’s a very predictable artist. I already know what he’s gonna say before he even says it."

Im not sure but...i think papoose thinks kendrick is predictable. LMAO
Besides the first sentence how could this verse possibly be related to Drake? Every bar after that is a clear response to everything Papoose said

Kendrick: ha ha jokes on you (joke being when Kendrick let Pap come on stage @ Summer Jam)

But yeah "everybody know he talkin bout Drake", he want yall idiots to think he talking about Drake just get more attention
they both said the word joke so its aimed at pap? o_O  kendrick talks about bullets in EVERY song where he spits aggressively. i wouldnt be surprised if he made a gunshot sound somewhere in the verse. yall reach  THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS far for all these theories yall come up with smh

Nothing in my quote says that you said she was right or wrong. More of an addition to your post than a contradiction of it.

And she is just another person on Twitter who has an opinion. Just like, who are ANY of us to be telling him to respond or not. People have opinions. You don't have to have dissed someone to see reality for what it is.

That's that new ***** sensitive crap.

Everything is a diss or "slander", nobody is just allowed to have an opinion, if it's not "omg, (insert artist) is the greatest of all time".

nerd.gif

Your use of "though" as an adverb... Not even going to get into that, it's whatever.

Telling someone to do something isn't an opinion, it's a command.  I fail to see how she's "just another person" on Twitter, though she has almost a million followers.  Chances are higher that Drake will catch wind of what she tweets versus a random NT'er.  She knows she carries a little bit of weight in the hip-hop world and she tried to use it to instigate the situation with Drake and Kendrick., which is pretty childish.  Drake should do what's best for his career, not for some idiotic, unwritten "rule" of a genre of music.  Even if he puts out a "Hit 'Em Up"-esque diss, he won't win with his haters and his fans couldn't care less either way, so what's there to gain?

"Are you going to wait to hear the full verse?

I don’t gotta wait, he’s very predictable. I already know what he’s capable of and what he’s gonna say; he’s very predictable. I don’t gotta wait. I can go right now and crush that little 15-second **** he did. That ain’t even about nothing. The guy’s predictable; he’s a very predictable artist. I already know what he’s gonna say before he even says it."

Im not sure but...i think papoose thinks kendrick is predictable. LMAO

they both said the word joke so its aimed at pap? o_O  kendrick talks about bullets in EVERY song where he spits aggressively. i wouldnt be surprised if he made a gunshot sound somewhere in the verse. yall reach  THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS far for all these theories yall come up with smh
Meanwhile there's a 19 page thread about one line, irony

:lol: @ Erykah Badu telling Drake to respond.

I'm not sure why, but that's hilarious to me.

PAPPOOP needs to go crawl back under the rock he came from under this dude style is so 05' no one wants to listen to the type of rap PAP is spittin it ain't 98' ....

Ohhhh.... First off, love your chick, dont call her a ***** thats lame

U claim to be a player i wanna love your wife ohhhhh

:rofl:

Can't believe people actually believe he's going after Papoose. He might as well mention Willy Northpole, Black Rob and Ja Rule. KL wouldn't benefit from a beef with either of these non existent rappers. It's clearly about Drake, it only helps his career to go after a big name in Hip Hop.

Badu :lol: Drake will write a Badu diss before a Kendrick diss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom