"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

"Beef" is not the same as "battling"...

...I'm sure no one wants to see "beef" between Kendrick and Drake - funny you mention Kebo and Slim - yeah that was real G **** on both their parts, but where's Slim now?

With that said, battling is a part of hip hop, so for the rest of your reply I'll just make it easy and say "get the hell outta here"...

...The Rolling Stones, the Beatles? What are you even talking about my G? :lol:

I didn't realize "battling is a part of hip hop", I guess I have to respect that instead of calling it like I see it.

As for the Stones and Beatles comment, I was saying rap is the only music where you insult people on wax instead of seeing them in person and then drawing up a hypothetical, understand?

How did I miss this? :lol: ...

Do you understand that they don't shoot free throws on Monday Night Football?

It's a different game...

It looks like this Papoose vs. Kendrick Lamar will not die anytime soon. Well, at least if Pap has something to say about it.

Following, a preview of Kendrick’s BET Cypher hit the ‘net, many believe the shots fired were directed at Drake. After the theory of it may possibly be directed towards Papoose surfaced, Pap spoke with XXL to give his piece of mind.

A lot of people said he was going at you.
I agree with the people, I looked at the majority and they were saying he was going at me. So I agree with the listeners, I agree with the fans. They say majority rules, so I agree with the majority.

You’ve gone back at Kendrick in the past with a verse. Are you planning on that this time?
Yeah yeah, he can’t **** with me. He’ll never be able to shine my shoes, lyrically. So I’m just gonna be able to continue to prove that, to show and prove, like I did on “Control.” This is hip-hop, I love hip-hop, but I just want to continue to show and prove that he can’t **** with me lyrically. You can look forward to that in my next release, straight up. I live in the studio, that’s my second home. So yeah, I’m definitely going to respond.

Are you going to wait to hear the full verse?
I don’t gotta wait, he’s very predictable. I already know what he’s capable of and what he’s gonna say; he’s very predictable. I don’t gotta wait. I can go right now and crush that little 15-second **** he did. That ain’t even about nothing. The guy’s predictable; he’s a very predictable artist. I already know what he’s gonna say before he even says it.

It kinda seemed like Kendrick had gone through your “Control” response line by line in his verse.
Oh, definitely. Cosmic Kev out in Philly, when he played it, he said the record reminded him of “Ether.” I think that just ate his soul alive; as much as he wanted to take the high road and try to say that he was too much of a big shot to respond, I think it ate him alive and he couldn’t resist.

You think you struck a nerve with him?
Oh, more than a nerve, I struck the entire nervous system. He couldn’t sleep at night, when he opened his freezer he’d see my face, when he closed his eyes…[Laughs] I’m just ************. But I think that struck a nerve, definitely. It shook the ground up, let’s keep it real—when I dropped my response, it shook the ground up. You got guys who say, “this response or that one,” but come on, man, my “Control” response has over a million views already. I look around at some of the other guys, they got 300,000 or something like that, you know what I mean? There’s no comparison. Come on.

http://rapradar.com/2013/10/04/papoose-reacts-to-kendrick-bet-cypher/

all jokes aside, i think Papoose could take on both Kendrick & Drake. flame suit on. his Control verse was solid, same with his Big Sean diss.

Last edited:
I ain't a Pap fan, but he tagged Sean nicely...

...I don't think he can hold his own against K and Drake, but if he spit a verse I'd listen.

This **** is like '98-'99 WWF - a rack a Ns buckin' for the title on Monday Night Raw...

...bout to hear that "You've got...No Chance!!!!" blast through the speakers and see this N' Vince McMahon diddy pop in the ring and jump in next :pimp: .

it really doesn't matter, he's made himself back into the fray once more. he is a lyrical beast, you can't deny that.

It's funny Pap live in the studio but he been hush for some years now...

Makes you wonder. 

Y'all some weird people seriously, every time this dudes name is mentioned and someone said he's soft is old now .. y'all played the term out :smh:

Makes you wonder. 

He's been waiting on the open ended hyped **** like this to happen so he can jump on and try to get some blog write ups. We all know Kendrick is not talking about him.

Makes you wonder. 

He's been waiting on the open ended hyped **** like this to happen so he can jump on and try to get some blog write ups. We all know Kendrick is not talking about him.
No we don't all know that and neither do you unless Kendrick told you himself. Your opinion is not greater than anyone else's.

Kinda sound like he's talking about both actually.

^ Nor do I think this it is. Doesn't change the fact that Papoose will be crawling back into obscurity as soon as this passes/Kendrick and Drake go at it.

No we don't all know that and neither do you unless Kendrick told you himself. Your opinion is not greater than anyone else's.

that's like saying "no we all don't know who BIG was talking about when he said "so called beef w/ you know who" since he didn't tell us himself. :lol:

you sound dumb :lol:

more connections with papoose than drake

Kendrick was clever/soft double entendre with the Nothing's Been The Same since he knew it would either get misquoted or people would link it to NWTS

Like people said, when Kendrick was recording his verse, the CRWN interview did not exist and I doubt  he was on MTO looking for pictures of Drake in pajamas to make a line that people would not get . . . 

Definitely aimed at papoose . . . but it's a meme waiting to happen when someone asks Kendrick or Drake or whoever about papoose and they go Pap whooooo?

Wouldn't be surprised if we see pics of Drake and Kendrick hanging out together very soon

Y'all some weird people seriously, every time this dudes name is mentioned and someone said he's soft is old now .. y'all played the term out :smh:
Yall so hurt. Everytime i see rick ross i see fraud, gucci mane i see ******ed, chief keef... ******ed etc. I see no one complaining about them.

that's like saying "no we all don't know who BIG was talking about when he said "so called beef w/ you know who" since he didn't tell us himself. :lol:

you sound dumb :lol:
You sound dumb when most of Kendrick's verse fits perfectly as a response to the words Papoose says but that one sentence automatically means he's talking about Drake? Stay in school

ErykahBadoulaVerified account@fatbellybella

Drake, u gotta come-back boy ... This HipHop.
If Drake does put out a diss, I hope he throws some shots at her instigating a**
mean.gif
.  In the words of J. Cole, "F*** it, everybody can get it."

If Drake does put out a diss, I hope he throws some shots at her instigating a**
mean.gif
.  In the words of J. Cole, "F*** it, everybody can get it."
She's right though...

It's not about being soft or not. No one gives a **** about who's soft. Music is music, if it's good it's good, if its not its not.

But if you call yourself a rapper and a fan of hip hop, the when someone who's at the level of popularity that Kendrick is right now calls you out, you respond. Man up! The art of battle rapping is just as much embedded in the blood of Hip Hop as several other facets of the music. You call yourself a rapper, and if you talk yourself up as much as he does, don't be a ***** and put your money where you mouth is.

Back
Top Bottom