NT, Can You Drive Manual?? Vol. Baby Mama Appreciation

Just learned last week. A challenge at first, but I definitely see the appeal now.

Youre really in tune with the car.

Im avoiding hills rn :lol: Not on that lvl yet.
Still have some trouble on 1st gear, but getting better day by day.

Driving a 99 Prelude Type Sh

i actually prefer a manual transmission. i learned how to drive on one. you have more control over the car. 

also drove a 18 wheeler for 2 years that joint has 15 gears

Last edited:
My coworker let me borrow his beat up truck and after a few hours a day, I was comfortable after 3 days. I had trouble with 1st gear, but after a few stalls it became more fun. But I can't imagine driving stick in traffic or up the hills in SF. 

Oh yeah, one lesson I learned the hard way is never leave your foot on the clutch when you don't need to switch gears.I kept my left foot on the clutch because I was nervous, but even just touching the clutch can burn it out. 

the heck kinda question in this?
laugh.gif

I drive a tractor trailer ten speed. Float gears, grinding gears and skipping gears has me convinced that if I attempted to drive a standard car I'll most likely destroy it on my first try. It's weird I completely understand the truck but I'm like a newborn if I was in a car.

Dawg you dont get tired of it in traffic?

I dont deal with stop and go traffic too much so that aspect of it doesn't bother me. The only thing I'd like to get more experience with is taking off on a hill without much rolling. Its kinda nerve wracking when im stopped on an incline and the person behind me is right up on me.

Nope,tried in HS and almost ****** up a friends 911 been scared to try ever since.
damn bro im struggling to imagine a high school kid wiht a porsche let alone one dumb enough to actually let someone who doesnt know how to drive stick take it for a spin

Yep learned to in my cousins 5 series last year. It's fun as hell spinning the tires while shifting. :lol: :pimp:

Learned to ride a motorcycle a few years ago. That's pretty much what taught me to drive manual. Got my first manual car a couple months ago. I'm a lot better than when I first got the car but I'm still learning. Fun as hell compared to auto. I feel like I'm one with my car.

I was taught to drive manual first.

I remember "blowing" the clutch :lol:

But my stick shift game is 100...

My daily driver is stick. Learned back in 2011 on my 350z and never looked back. You have absolute control of your gears, plus you save more brakes by downshifting on curves and coming to full stops. I'm in NYC, traffic here is killer. People ask me how I stand driving it in traffic. Its already seamless, like I don't mind it anymore except when I'm in a full stop and go traffic on the BQE.

For the guy up there saying he needs to learn to takes off uphill: Its pretty simple, just put the handbrakes brakes first, take off like you normal would. When you feel the car pulling forward a bit release the handbrakes and off you go without rolling back.

Learned how back in the gap when i was 13 when we used to steal my homeboys dads car. Idk how i never messed it up but it took me about 30 minutes at 2 in the morming.

Once you get it, you got it.

Aint nothin to it but to do it.

Back
Top Bottom