NT, Can You Drive Manual?? Vol. Baby Mama Appreciation

Been driving stick since the first car I bought in 2004. I traded in my '99 Corolla my folks gave me and I had the salesman drive a brand new RSX Type S to my crib :lol: Watched this scene multiple times and eventually figured it out the next day.

Learned on my 2002 WRX. I use to avoid hills with a passion. Now it's night and day. Driving in traffic sucks though.

First learned left hand stick back in the islands. Transferred to an 88 ranger here in the states. Been 10+ yrs since mobbing a Manual smh

Learned on a g35 coupe. One of the scariest moments of my life but once I got a hang of it...felt like the car was an extension of me. :pimp:

Can't do it daily in dc traffic tho :x

Learned on my friend's 00 Honda Civic SI in a mall parking lot one night. Got it down in about 20 mins and drove myself home. 
laugh.gif
 Getting out of first definitely takes getting used to for different cars for me. 

My first 3 cars were manuals,my current car is a auto and 90% of the time I wish it was a manual. My next car for sure will be 3 pedals

Been driving stick for 3 years now. Theres no hill I cant conquer, but my downshifts and other techniques could use a lot of refinement.

Used to drive a '82 Toyota MR2. :pimp:

Been about 10 years but I still drive with my right hand on the gear shift. :lol:

City people don't have time for that. Heading to work in the early morning, heading back home late a night. Just want a painless way to get back home.

Learned on my 2002 WRX. I use to avoid hills with a passion. Now it's night and day. Driving in traffic sucks though.

Same as this man :pimp:. Learned in it also, bought it at noon and my dad told me he would teach me after the weekend, I ended up just driving it alone and by the afternoon I took it to work :lol:. Stalled a lot both ways, but made it in one piece.

Never had an automatic car, I bought a BRZ last year in manual also, driving that is so easy

I live in Chicago and deal with traffic everyday on my way to work downtown, it's not that bad..the wrx has a heavier clutch though, so it's definitely more tiring. I think the whole manual in traffic being a nightmare comes from people trying it with cars that have heavy clutches and shifts that aren't smooth. When I first drove the BRZ, it was night and day

The funny thing is, the wrx can move on its own so easily with only the clutch, with the BRZ it's a lot harder and I don't even bother. I didn't know you could have a car move on its own with only the clutch, had I known that I would've learned so easily how to drive manual..

Last edited:
Just learned this summer. My dad was teaching me for an hour, wasn't getting it as much. So the next day, I just did it on my own and drove around town for about 2 hours. Was hella fun. Depending on how steep the hill is, my car has auto brakes so it won't roll back but sometimes it rolls back and scares the hell outta me.

My first car was manual. Glad I learned early. Don't see manual much anymore but I'm ready when the opportunity to drive something fast and exotic comes [emoji]128521[/emoji]

yep its easy learned off my friend rsx but even then they werent good at teaching i had to learn myself :lol:

Last edited:
Atv yes

Motorcycle, I'm sure but never tried.

Car, no. I'd have to try a manual but I'm not too interested. I can find a automatic shift kit that shift faster than a manual can.

Not comfortably. It also depends on the kind of manual too. Ones on those dually trucks are awful, as are manuals on old cars in general, but newer manuals I can drive alright, especially Hondas

Last edited:
I daily a manual.. Don't even think of it as a hassle in traffic. I loathe driving other people's cars that are automatic. Stick is so much more fun and engaging to me

All I've ever known since I got my first car in 2004, MkIV Jetta 1.8 T.

It's something I don't even think about until I'm in someone else's vehicle.

It also made learning to ride a motorcycle MUCH easier :smokin

Back
Top Bottom