NT, Can You Drive Manual?? Vol. Baby Mama Appreciation

I asked her if knew how to drive a stick. She said "no, but I can learn if you teach me."

But I can ride a motorcycle and drive in first gear to park, that's about it. :lol:

Parents wouldn't let me take my final DL test until I learned. That was 1999 though so things have obviously changed. First three cars were all manual transmission.

yeah, but i haven't in a min so im outta practice.

next time i fly to DR ill borrow my pop's Truck & take it for a spin.

I can't stunt. it was hard as hell for the first time I tried I ,stalled atleast 30 times at a stop sign didn't even get it across the intersection :lol:

I learned how to drive on a manual and first whip was a manual. For my first year of owning an automatic I used my left foot for the brake and right for the accelerator! :lol:

Had to buy a new M-F car in 2013 and realized I could save 2K off the MSRP if I bought the standard instead of the automatic.
Been shifting ever since.
Be trying to shift my automatic when I drive it :lol:

for those of you with a fear of hills, the key is to pull your e break to hold you so you can make a smooth takeoff. Less wear on your clutch also.

Thats all I drive, been driving since my senior yr (06)...Still drive the same sentra too :pimp:

My main beef with some stick vehicle is Rev Hang. I learned on a car that had it and for the longest I was confused as to why the car would jerk sometimes when I shifted.

Yes

Better control on the car. That feeling when you drive a sports car :pimp:

Not scared of hills anymore, traffics is a pain in the ***.

Whenever i drive automatic, it feels weird and too easy. Like there is nothing to do.

Yes, and I far prefer it.   The only times I wish I had an automatic car are when I'm driving through NYC or when I'm stuck in traffic.

jeep is standard :pimp: I prefer it that way. Save on gas and can control my vehicle way better.

Learned on an eclipse. That v6 and 260HP made it stupid easy to learn.

Thought I was the **** and bought a 4cyl civic with like 125HP :lol: talk about a nightmare to drive after just learning

Last edited:
Learned when I started driving. My sis had a 90 Accord that I practiced on. Also my aunt had this bright red Celica that I used to have a BALL with.

As for hills, once I got nice and learned how to control the gas and clutch expertly enough to sit in one place, they no longer became an issue. Traffic, now that's another story.

Driving is definitely more fun with a stick but city life killed it for me. First stick was a Bronco II, LOL. For about a year the starter kept crapping out so I would always park on a hill when possible :rofl:

First car was a manual, I loved it. Hated it when sore from the gym though :smh:

Now I got an automatic for the first time, and I really don't enjoy it. Next car I get is going to be a manual again. Only get MT's in cars with good engines though. I really wouldn't want a manual transmission in an economy box car, feel me?

Last edited:
Had a 96 vtech accord w/stick that **** was hella fun to drive. Like a street legal go kart :lol:

First car was a manual, I loved it. Hated it when sore from the gym though
mean.gif

Now I got an automatic for the first time, and I really don't enjoy it. Next car I get is going to be a manual again. Only get MT's in cars with good engines though. I really wouldn't want a manual transmission in an economy box car, feel me?
Pretty much.  I'd only want a manual transmission in a sporty car and certain trucks.

Driving is definitely more fun with a stick but city life killed it for me. First stick was a Bronco II, LOL. For about a year the starter kept crapping out so I would always park on a hill when possible :rofl:

:lol:

Had a manual and swapped it within a day for an automatic 
laugh.gif
, can drive it though I just didn't have the time to get adjusted to it because I was traveling a lot at the time

Last edited:
Been driving since '08, and my first car and every car thereafter has been manual trans. I can't see myself driving anything other than a stick, unless I'm physically unable to do so. Funny enough, me inside of an automatic is hilarious to see. I've driven auto about 6 separate times in my whole life. The longest was in 2013 when I went to Disney World for a week and had to rent a car.

I always hear people complain about traffic, or say their feet start to cramp up and ****. I've never experienced that, personally I think it could be their seating position or just placement of their feet when going on and off the clutch. Nobody likes being in traffic, but it doesn't bother me. I've driven to DC, VA, NJ from MD and never had any issues. I love driving stick especially on the highway having to pass people driving too slow.

Stick shift all day everyday for me and I love it!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom