NT, Can You Drive Manual?? Vol. Baby Mama Appreciation

Owned a few stick beamers and Hondas. A lot of fun but I get lazy.

Driving an auto Malibu right now :lol:

I've always declined the offer to learn. A friend always bug me to learn with his wrx sti but I know damn well I'd mess something up
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I was 0-3 the first times I tried it then finally got the hang of it on a scion. After stalling multiple times, then switching seats and see someone else take off smoothly was so annoying.

I know how to ride a motorcycle, so I'm assuming I can transpose the same principles to a car?

I learned how to drive manual this summer. Prior to that I had 4 years of riding a motorcycle.

Concept is the same, just different motions. At first it was odd having the clutch at my feet and shifting with my hand, but I eventually got the hang of it. I definitely feel like I have better control of the clutch on a motorcycle vs. a car. But that could also be the big experience gap.

That being said:
Motorcycle>>Manual Car
(in terms of fun anyway)

Owned a few stick beamers and Hondas. A lot of fun but I get lazy.

Driving an auto Malibu right now :lol:

Whenever you post, i just have that image of your baby momma you posted. Please post another pic of her sweet fine ***.

Last edited:
Been driving manual since 16. Not hard to learn at all but does take some time to master for perfect downshifts.

First whip was a stick

Never again. Not hard at all but gets extremely annoying in traffic

Last edited:
i can drive stick and ride motorcycles but im gucci on both. i like driving high and drunk. plus ive only lived in chicago NYC and LA

traffic wit a manual is not da business...
Yeah.

I drove stick 2-3 times on my mom's friend's SC300 back in 2005. After that, I went to the Mitusbishi dealership and bought an Evo 8. Took the streets home. An STI pulled up, and I stalled hard. That was pretty embarrassing. The Evo is probably one of the hardest cars to learn from the jump because the clutch travel is deep and stiffer than most stock clutch.

Avoided freeways for a week because I fear of getting stuck on an incline offramp.

After that, I ordered a stick shift 335i in 2007. Loved that car, planned on keeping it for a while. Car had issues after 75k miles. Plus I was driving through prime time LA traffic, and it got tiring, like ninjahood said.

I haven't driven stick shift since 2010 when I sold the car until last year when I had to drive my friend's car. Came back like second nature.

I guess my taste changed as I got older, can't see myself in stick shifts/highly modded cars anymore.

I had a friend who only really got a manual car becuase he had a long drive and it kept him awake and of course becuase of the noise and appeal of saying he had a manual transmission.

He even admitted its not even that serious but it's great to learn just in case. I was taught when I was about 13 in DR.

Drove a stick for my 2nd car and loved it. Then I got into an accident and it was totaled after 4 months.

Been in an auto 95 Explorer since then. My next car will be a manual. It's just more fun to drive and more engaging.. but having driven auto for the last several years.. I do see the appeal of not having to shift and just being able to cruise.

Team manual checking in. I've been driving "legally" since 94. I learned to drive on a manual, and every car I owned is manual. Traffic does suck though.....
What was tough was finding my last vehicle. I looked for a manual 06 double cab Tacoma. (Not too many dealers had them.) I bought the only silver streak manual they had on the lot. But I commute in a crx though.

I learned to drive manual first actually. I've gotten used to automatic. IDK if I still have the coordination for all that.

I daily a manual.. Don't even think of it as a hassle in traffic. I loathe driving other people's cars that are automatic. Stick is so much more fun and engaging to me
Same here, don't think I can ever go back to Auto.

Back
Top Bottom