NT Chefs

Conversations in TAY had me thinking that we need a food thread. Share recipes, your finished product, or just a pic of bomb meal you had during a night out.

These are two of my favorite cooking youtube channels:

You Suck At Cooking

Caribbean Pot

My absolute favorite food is my mom's Chili Con Carne.
My mom doesn't recall exactly how or where she picked up her recipe for it but she's been making it since before I was born.
Growing up it became my favorite food from the first time I tasted it. And it's still my favorite food today. Looks like it originated in Texas, so bless y'all for creating that greatness.
I imagine the recipe my mom makes is a little different, judging by some of these pictures of American chili con carne.
Hardly anyone I know had never heard of chili con carne, even now. When I was younger my friends would practically beg to come over or stay for dinner if they knew my mom was making her chili con carne. :lol:

Never met anyone who wasn't wowed by how delicious it is, so I would recommend chili con carne to anyone. I'm sure the original recipes from the US are just as great.

Favorite dish to cook is becoming a tie between fried chicken and grilled steak. I'll def be postin in here frequently

Need to learn how to make more dishes. I don't mind cooking Filipino food, but I get tired of it.

With enough cooking shows and trial and error you could pick up some the necessary knowledge of what flavors work with each other.

Just a random question but can you use jerk seasoning like salt and pepper?? Like if I made chicken and it was done but I wanted more jerk

Made some pan roasted branzino with spicy callaloo with shrimp as the side yesterday, should've taken pics.

Not sure if I like seasoned with salt/pepper, seasoned salt, or Montreal Steak seasoning.

Also what to get another chance to do another prime rib roast.

Just a random question but can you use jerk seasoning like salt and pepper?? Like if I made chicken and it was done but I wanted more jerk
Most certainly. Think of it just like lemon pepper wings get that sprinkle after they're fried

The food thread feels more like a "what did you eat today" vs. a cooking thread.

P.S. Kenji Lopez Alt is the GOAT

There's a food thread where ppl mostly post pics of what they went out to eat but there's also ppl posting what they've cooked and sharing how they've cooked it.

Then there's the BBQ thread where ppl post what they've grilled and smoked. Dudes in there are even more focused on how they cookedfood and sharing recipes and preparation.

I made pasta yesterday lol. Thinking about buying a manual dough roller so I can make fresh pasta.

Back
Top Bottom