NT Chefs

Ok yeah, that's annoying.

The vegan vegiterrean substitutes are just lame to me.

Repeating the word chicken definitely doesn't make me think of that either.

Just makes me think the person is an ***.

Why lol?

That is what that dish is called. If you go to a restaurant in the south and that is what you want to eat what are you going to say? Yes it may be a dumb name but that is what it's called lol

Yes but....if that's what you want you cant order "fried chicken with gravy"

That is flattened breasts or thigh.
I'm not defending the name but what are you supposed to say "I want fried chicken but prepared like a chicken fried steak" ?

That's just the name of the particular preparation.
Like chicken tenders. Why not call that fried chicken.

Most restaurants don't have both fried chicken and chicken fried chicken for the reason that they're basically the same thing.

You can definitely order "fried chicken". They may "correct" you and say "You mean the chicken fried chicken" but still

Rice is rice.

Bacon is bacon

A burger is a burger.

A spade is a spade.

If I told you I was eating nuggets and asked if you wanted some and then presented you with duck nuggets would you be cool with that?

As far as chicken fried chicken. They simply need to come up with a better name for the dish. I mean poutine is just French fries with different kinds of gravy on it but it has a totally different name.

Carne asada fries are still fries. Its not like the fries aren't potato but made with yams.

I'm forgetting the name but there's a same exact dish as that but made with pork. Its flattened, flour to fry it and then served with gravy on it.

EDIT

Found it

pork-schnitzel-horiz-a-1800.jpg

Pork schnitzel

Last edited:
I agree needs a better name.

Chicken schnitzel is pretty much the same thing.

Craving for chicken fried steak now lol

Would it be offensive if I substituted white gravy for brown gravy? hmmm

It is funny to think people fried steak "that" way BEFORE frying chicken "that" way to the point that steak got credit for that style of frying.

The food thread feels more like a "what did you eat today" vs. a cooking thread.

P.S. Kenji Lopez Alt is the GOAT

Foodwishes is a cool YouTube channel I follow. Good step by step recipes

Caribbean Pot is decent if you want to learn to cook West Indian food. Watch his older stuff though. Famb ran outta recipes and now is just remixing stuff

I watch YouTube to learn how to cook a lot of things. Kenji Lopez-Alt and Chef John from Foodwishes are my favorite. I mostly cook Filipino food, but also enjoy making other stuff as well. I'll be sure to post on here the next time I make something tasty.

If anyone's been following my activity on NT they should know that I love to cook. I have no formal training/experience, but I was able to put together bits and pieces on how to cook most foods properly by watching Gordon Ramsay tutorials. Here are some good recipes to start out on:

I've made all of these recipes and now my food looks like this:
unnamed.png

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I just know that last burger was made with a ground chuck blend

DATASS.jpg

I like a brisket, short rib, Chuck mix myself. Thoae burgers lookin good tho :smokin

Back
Top Bottom