NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I pay that same $35 for PlayStation Vue, and I must say, I've been thoroughly impressed thus far.... Vue is just :smokin , particularly when compared to cable...id recommend it to anyone with a PlayStation.

For those who have tried Vue, how does it compare to the other services like the direct tv streaming or sling?

Ps Vue was cool, but it's missing Viacom channels and Viceland which I watch, and the guide was sluggish. Had sling when it first started, had some streaming issues but solid for a basic 20 dollar package. DirectvNow was a good deal if you got in on the 100 plus channels which includes HBO free for a year now. The freezing issues are better now, but no dvr, on demand is missing a lot of shows and the guide sucks.

For peeps that still need an HD Antenna so you can watch local channels......use code SLING25 for extra 25% off:

http://www.rcaantennas.net/search/?sku=ANT1750Z#overview

Using the promo code SLING25, customers can get an additional 25% off an already discounted HDTV antenna – that brings the cost down to $37.49 (less than half of the original retail price!). Reception of broadcast station signals is dependent on your geographic location.

Sling doesn't allow for multiple streaming, that's what was the deciding factor for me. I was all in until I found that out. Even the basic Netflix allows two devices at the same time.

I wonder if this YouTube will tie in w/ the Google Music somehow for a discount. I'll pay $35/mo. for all of it instead of $15 for family Google Music and $35 for Youtube TV

Last edited:
I haven't been following this thread in a long time but I finally jumped on paid IPTV for $10 a month and it is flipping amazing. Insane amount of channels in HD, along with all the games, ppv events and even Filipino channels for when the folks come over. I gave up on programming my android box cus it was such a waste of time and the streams were crap but this is unbelievable and shouldnt be compared to the "free" streams I worked so hard to watch.

I haven't been following this thread in a long time but I finally jumped on paid IPTV for $10 a month and it is flipping amazing. Insane amount of channels in HD, along with all the games, ppv events and even Filipino channels for when the folks come over. I gave up on programming my android box cus it was such a waste of time and the streams were crap but this is unbelievable and shouldnt be compared to the "free" streams I worked so hard to watch.
What's the website for this?

For peeps that still need an HD Antenna so you can watch local channels......use code SLING25 for extra 25% off:

http://www.rcaantennas.net/search/?sku=ANT1750Z#overview

Using the promo code SLING25, customers can get an additional 25% off an already discounted HDTV antenna – that brings the cost down to $37.49 (less than half of the original retail price!). Reception of broadcast station signals is dependent on your geographic location.

Might need to jump on one of these. My new place gets crap for reception. Have to constantly adjust the antenna to watch each channel it seems.

I'm about to get rid of my Fios, **** keeps going up and I'm done. I'm looking at Playstation Vue or Sling. I'm worried about the quality and delay. I just need my sports channels in clear HD and my girl needs like 3-4 channels and that's it. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm thinking I'll keep my Verizon internet and then just get one and access it through my PS4 and my PS3 in my house. Probably buy a Firestick or something for the third room and access it through there. Any recommendations?

So I did the free trial for PS Vue, I like it so far. Sling TV didn't have enough sports channels. They were mixed up and not all in one package.

I need a Firestick, Chromecast or Roku for another TV in my house to stream Vue. Anyone have any recommendations on which is better or does it not matter?

So I did the free trial for PS Vue, I like it so far. Sling TV didn't have enough sports channels. They were mixed up and not all in one package.

I need a Firestick, Chromecast or Roku for another TV in my house to stream Vue. Anyone have any recommendations on which is better or does it not matter?
MiBox

Copped the fire stick but so far not feeling it. What's the best and fastest build?

I started with the chrome cast, it was cool..,

I'm on Apple TV now, just a million times better...

My mom has a Roku, I don't like it much in comparison...

I never heard of mibox until this thread...but I'm extremely pleased with the Apple TV so Ima ride this out...

Last edited:
MiBox is what Google's answer to the Apple TV should have been

I need Google to update Android TV whenever they get a chance

I'm about to get rid of my Fios, **** keeps going up and I'm done. I'm looking at Playstation Vue or Sling. I'm worried about the quality and delay. I just need my sports channels in clear HD and my girl needs like 3-4 channels and that's it. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm thinking I'll keep my Verizon internet and then just get one and access it through my PS4 and my PS3 in my house. Probably buy a Firestick or something for the third room and access it through there. Any recommendations?
Cop the firestick or roku. Both are nice I have both.

Sling is pretty great. Prices are decent, and channel packages are pretty good. I have Fios and Sling because I refuse to add $55 to my bill for VICELAND.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom