NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Moving in two weeks and right now I currently have FiOS set to come in to install internet and one STB, but at $124 a month for the bundle :sick: .Thinking of cancelling ahead of time and opting for Sling or YouTube TV. Thoughts on which I should side with? I have provider access to HBO, Starz, etc, but I need to watch my Jets and Yankees, so I definitely need CBS & YES Network. IIRC Sling doesn't offer CBS, but YT does. Both have YES in my area. I can find other means of being able to watch NFL Network & Red Zone (Sling has both).

Reps for any help :emoji_eyes: .

Does anyone know if there/pricing of taxes for YT TV? (I'm in NY)

Edit: Nvm. Called and found out it's $2-3.

FiOS internet 100/100 Mbps + YouTube TV is going to cost about $90 total, $45 each for my girl & myself. Plus knowing how to use an HDMI cord to hook up my Macbook for other streaming, savings on savings :pimp: .

Last edited:
I'm checking the Set TV lineup :wow: I don't see if YES Network is offered tho. If it was, I'd pull the trigger with ease. Currently using YT TV.

just signed up for a Hulu trial..i'm excited to (hopefully) get rid of Direct TV!!

I'm checking the Set TV lineup :wow: I don't see if YES Network is offered tho. If it was, I'd pull the trigger with ease. Currently using YT TV.
It has the MLB package from directv. Just like right now, it has every NBA game through League Pass. Sunday Ticket was used for every NFL game.

It has the MLB package from directv. Just like right now, it has every NBA game through League Pass. Sunday Ticket was used for every NFL game.

So would I be able to watch Yankee games and not be hit with the "blackout" despite the fact that I live in NY? Because if that's the case, Set may be the move.

I'm happy cutting the chord. Just dislike how CBS makes you pay a separate subscription. So I missed out on Grammy's and Bruno Mars' concert special lmao

So would I be able to watch Yankee games and not be hit with the "blackout" despite the fact that I live in NY? Because if that's the case, Set may be the move.
Should be able to. I'm in Maryland, where the local channels show Ravens, Washington, Wizards, etc. None of them have ever been blacked out

Should be able to. I'm in Maryland, where the local channels show Ravens, Washington, Wizards, etc. None of them have ever been blacked out

Oh **** :pimp: may have to give this a consideration then! My girl and I just moved into our new apartment this weekend, and currently are on the 7-day free trial of YT TV.

If you want to, wait until spring training or first week of the season to decide. They give a 3 day trial.

i'm going to have to cancel Hulu..I thought I could stream Live TV from their App on my Samsung TV. Turns out I can only stream on a web browser? wack

You can't cast it to the TV? Is the TV chromecast compatible?

Thanks for the tip...I jsut set everything up and it is running smoothly!! Only one thing, the broadcast is not nearly as good as DirectTv. Am I crazy to expect a clear picture when I do this?

Apple TV in the living room + YouTube TV app
Chromecast in the bed room for all apps + YT TV casting
Macbook Pro/HDMI to tv for all else

Less than $100 a month for internet only and YT TV. Winning :pimp:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/...nounced-tnt-tbs-cnn-adult-swim-price-increase

YouTube TV, the company’s internet TV streaming service, is expanding its programming with the addition of several Turner networks including TBS, TNT, CNN, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, truTV, and Turner Classic Movies. Those channels are all being added to the core monthly package, giving customers access to hits like Rick and Morty, TNT’s new drama The Alienist, and a nice selection of live sports. On that note, YouTube TV is also bringing NBA TV and MLB Network to the base lineup. NBA All Access and MLB.TV will be offered as optional paid add-ons “in the coming months.”

But there’s a significant downside coming along with the good news: these changes are leading to a price hike. Starting March 13th, YouTube TV’s monthly subscription cost will rise from $35 to $40. All customers who join the service prior to the 13th will be able to keep the lower $35 monthly rate going forward. And if you’ve been waiting for YouTube to add Viacom channels, that still hasn’t happened yet.

Hyped to have MLB Network on there soon!

Back
Top Bottom