NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Amazon threw in a workaround where you can access the YouTube app through a web browser a few days before the app was disabled.:lol:
Who needs a YouTube app? That’s our conclusion after trying Amazon’s workaroundto the popular streaming site after Google pulled YouTube from Amazon devices as part of a long-running tiff between the two tech titans.

Last month, a notification that YouTube would no longer be available through Fire TV and Fire TV Stick devices starting Jan. 1 popped up, threatening to leave a huge hole in Amazon’s streaming lineup. But just last week, Amazon added the ability to surf the web and get to YouTube via a browser.

The result is a simple path to YouTube, circumventing Google’s move to pull it from Fire TV. Web browsing probably wasn’t a direct response to Amazon’s issues with Google, which owns YouTube, but it provides a convenient alternative to keep the service accessible for Fire TV users.

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/sorry-google-tried-amazons-youtube-workaround-fire-tv-worked-great/

Funny how we're still having the same issues that cable companies and networks had come contract time. They being petty.:lol::smh:

Yeah it’s stupid. I bought a firestick because it had a working youtube app. I stopped using google chrome because amazon video wasn’t compatible with it.

I don't expect her to. They just wanted to have some entrainment while they were here. I may or may not pay it.

Anybody know if Wifi signal boosters actually work? I bought a Nvidia Shield for my back room but it says the signal is too weak for gaming.

It works fine on FireFox App. No issues at all

Not as good. You’re just logging in on the firefox browser. I’ll walk away for a few minutes and the browser has went off the youtube website. I’ll have to click to go back to the site and look on my history to continue the video I was watching.

Not as good. You’re just logging in on the firefox browser. I’ll walk away for a few minutes and the browser has went off the youtube website. I’ll have to click to go back to the site and look on my history to continue the video I was watching.
Damn, no good. I haven't walked away yet. Damn......

It’s a minor thing though, first world problems. I dunno if it’s the same for the silk browser. I downloaded that app also.

Yeah it’s stupid. I bought a firestick because it had a working youtube app. I stopped using google chrome because amazon video wasn’t compatible with it.

between a Roku and Firestick for access to the Youtube app you chose a Firestick?

between a Roku and Firestick for access to the Youtube app you chose a Firestick?

I have an old roku I never use. I bought a firestick to use for a lot more than watcching youtube. Will figure out how to use kodi on it when I’m not feeling lazy.

I have an old roku I never use. I bought a firestick to use for a lot more than watcching youtube. Will figure out how to use kodi on it when I’m not feeling lazy.

ok

if you have an extra HDMI port you can just use your old Roku without having to figure out anything

Looking for ideas how to cut my bill down

Internet, 4 boxes, and phone its 296 per month

Im tired of paying this **** especially the **** that TWC offers

Looking for ideas how to cut my bill down

Internet, 4 boxes, and phone its 296 per month

Im tired of paying this **** especially the **** that TWC offers

get a non proprietary streamer (Roku, Nvidia Shield)

get:
SlingTV
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Hulu

....any other shows the family wants to see not covered on the apps above, download the specific app for that network and use a family members login to watch these network specific apps for free.

How can I stream YES Network live if I cut the cord? Moving into my first apartment in a month and I'm on the fence of just getting 1 FiOS box or not. I need my Yankee games....

If you want a gang of channels, your best best is probably directvnow. Slingtv is limited.

Back
Top Bottom