NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Any one have YouTube TV? Is it worth it?

I am on the free week and it's cool. Still waiting on a working Android TV version for my Xiaomi MiBox but it's nice on my tablet while I'm cooking. It's like basic cable with the option of some premium channels but lacking sports packages.
Gonna try Hulu TV next

Really happy that I cut the cord. I don't watch as much TV and I'm actually more productive when I get home from work.

Waiting for Youtube TV to show up on Apple TV and see how that is.

Any one have YouTube TV? Is it worth it?

I think it is. The performance has been great, the menu and DVR are easy to use. The $35/month price is about how much I want to pay for "cable". But it is lacking some channels. CNN/TBS/TNT are missing as are the Discovery/Science/ID trio. So if you can't live without any of those, you should look elsewhere. There also is not NBATV, MLB Network or NFL Network. I am a sports junkie, and honestly NBATV is the only one I kind of miss, but I have NBA League Pass, so that makes up for it.

If you are thinking of cutting the cord, look for the platform that is going to carry your must haves. Honestly since I cut the cord 2 years ago, I look at alot less TV than I used to. It's sports or Netflix in all honesty. As a result I am so out of the loop on pop culture it isn't funny.

i hate how cord cutting has turned into the new cable.

people cord cut just to go looking for the same networks all over again

once everyone gets rid of cable
all those annoying ads will migrate right over to anything streaming

ugh

ugh

I mean, it's already happening to YouTube..........which is why cats are "censoring" their explicit language to avoid demonetization :smh:

ugh

I mean, you have 2 different ways to cut the cord. You can get a service that pretty much recreates cable at a reduced price or you can go straight netflix and rabbit ears. Most people are not going to be down with that second solution. But that first option is still available and always will be. I doubt NetFlix or HBO Go are going to have ad breaks in the middle of shows.

It isn't the content that most people want to get away from, it is the cost of the content. My fear is that instead of having competing platforms like YouTubeTV, Vue, etc. we are going to have a bunch of content owners trying to create their own platforms. Kind of like what the music industry tried before they realized it wasn't going to work.

Hulu has a good formula, both with and without ad options for streaming they just gotta find a way to get some sports and PPV

Which is better, hulu or youtubetv?

I also want to cut cable because the $150/month isn't worth it. We already have netflix so I just need something else to watch shows on.

I'm in the bay so i need to watch my dubs....

is the chromecast2 compatible with this stuff?

I also want to cut cable because the $150/month isn't worth it. We already have netflix so I just need something else to watch shows on.

You currently have comcast?

Hulu is going to have all seasons of Living Single on there starting tomorrow. Throw Martin and New York Undercover on there and we're good to go!!

I got sling, they got nbc bay area to watch the dubs. Only bad thing is no cbs, so ill have to reddit stream for them niner games.

Bout to officially get rid of direct tv and just pay $20 a month for SetTV . Did the three day trial and 0 complaints from me

Hulu is going to have all seasons of Living Single on there starting tomorrow. Throw Martin and New York Undercover on there and we're good to go!!

Yup, bout to start watchin' Living Single tonight.
I'm really confused how they don't have a playlist feature yet on Netflix or Hulu. Give me the ability to do my own lineup I'm not even gonna need a Live TV option.

For you guys who cut cable, did you also get rid of your landline and just keep your internet service?

Yeah, is the price that obvious? LOL

seems like everyone has comcast out here
i switched from att to comcast. was in an old building an att top speed was not that great. was able to get a better deal with comcast. $120 for cable and internet 100mbs

For you guys who cut cable, did you also get rid of your landline and just keep your internet service?

still have mine since it came with my plan. it barely cost anything and if there is an emergency always good to have a backup if cell phones are not working

I'm thinking about getting the stream version of cable thru my internet provider. I cut the cut for the convenience of watching the shows that I wanted a reduce price. But if I'm watching 480p live sports or can't catch CNN when I want due to the streaming provider the extra $40 a month might be worth it to me.

Hulu and YouTubeTV are compatible with Chromecast2. As for which is better, it all comes down to opinion. Hulu gives you live TV and the Hulu library, so that is a plus, but I have Netflix already which I like, so I am doing the YouTubeTV + Netflix thing. Both have trials so you can try them both out for free to see which you like more.

Can anybody PM me a reliable streaming source for the games today, that I can watch from My phone? Even a radio show would work. I just need someway of seeing it or hearing it.

Lately I’ve been feeling like certain channels on PSvue aren’t broadcast in 1080p/i. Initially with CBS and today when trying to watch basketball on ABC. Its definitely not as sharp as it should be. 1080 is supposed to be possible, right?

Back
Top Bottom