NT General: Why do white people give the most awkward daps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This also has to do with it. Black people have a million different hand shakes. White people have 2 and only 2."

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hugs.
Never confuses, always awkward.
laugh.gif

I hate when i go for a dap and i see them going for the fist. Then when i switch to a fist they switch to a dap and it's just awkward :smh:

I think the "fist bump" is the way to go when the other person seems suspect.

But you have to take the lead and approach it head on. If you leave your fist out there freely, you set yourself up for that other awkward moment when they dap you up top and expect a return underneath dap back from you -- and possibly even a fist bump to finalize things.

:lol: very true about us having million ways to shake hands.

In elementary, the homie Key(still my brother til this day) and I had a handshake that included a dap, a pound, a front and backhand slap, that ended with the cabbage patch. We came up with a different handshake every week.

In high school this dude Justin and I would dap ourselves up(my right daps my left hand), snap, give the bro hug, big inhale, exhale, and then release.

I've never really had this probelm growing up in NYC, but I've never really had a lot of friends that were white and the few friends I did have that was white was hood so they it was whatever.

I give different daps to the type of person... if that makes sense.

Like different daps to the different level of relationship with the other person.

Someone that I consider a good friend or someone I haven't seen in a minute would get dap/pound and the hug/love.

Some others might just get the dap.

Dudes I don't really mess with like that might get the fist bump.

And some others might just get the head nod.

Then there's snake N's I don't F with that I won't initiate anything with, but if they say whats up I wont act like a Bia so I'll acknowledge them.

once i started hanging around more traditional white people i learned to just slap hands as fast as possible.  the akwardness is just too much.

Lol happened to me today but my teacher was giving out the dap, I was going for the handshake. :lol:

Usually the white folks I know been around blacks for a while so they know what to do...I people watch a lot so I get to see white folks giving each other all kinds of awkward "daps", handslaps, punches to the chest, dudes be straight lost whenever greet each other

Hell yeah they be giving them broken wrist dap, I be like WTF why your hand all crippled fool? lol

I also hate dappin dudes up who's hands feel like they just went 6 rounds with Pinkyyy and Ice La Foxx on tube8.com. Im Like bruh why your hands so soft and silky???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom