NT: How come its "okay" for DJ Khaled to use the "N-Word"? VOL. real talk.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

In the Bay Area, everybody says it regardless of race, probably the only place where it is acceptable. 

Pretty much the whole west coast...dont really make a big deal out of it.

He's affiliated. Some Latino's and Mexicans get the pass because they go thru the same bull !$#% we go thru. People who can't say know they can't say it that's why it erks my nerves. White people wanna say it just because we don't want them to. Like damn we can't even have word out this +%##!!

He's affiliated. Some Latino's and Mexicans get the pass because they go thru the same bull !$#% we go thru. People who can't say know they can't say it that's why it erks my nerves. White people wanna say it just because we don't want them to. Like damn we can't even have word out this +%##!!

In NYC its a term that any race can use excluding caucasians. Dont ask me why. I didnt make the rules.I've noticed that the south is where it becomes an issue,

In NYC its a term that any race can use excluding caucasians. Dont ask me why. I didnt make the rules.I've noticed that the south is where it becomes an issue,

why do people think being able to use to N word is an honor? Real talk.

why do people think being able to use to N word is an honor? Real talk.

I think when people of a different race hang out with black people, they sometimes get called the N-word in casual conversation. The people of a different race may subconsciously just follow suit after a while, and use it in conversation. Not condoning this at all. I'm just saying, this is how it might start in some cases.

Like when you go visit family in a different part of the country, you might start to pick up on slang words they use without even noticing it. I know the N word is different from other slang words, but its a similar idea.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Or maybe they learned it as a "term of endearment" before they learned it as a slur. Why shouldn't they be "able" to use it if it's in the same context of a term of endearment? We need our own words now as black people? Yea that's going to take us far
indifferent.gif

Or maybe they learned it as a "term of endearment" before they learned it as a slur. Why shouldn't they be "able" to use it if it's in the same context of a term of endearment? We need our own words now as black people? Yea that's going to take us far
indifferent.gif

I think when people of a different race hang out with black people, they sometimes get called the N-word in casual conversation. The people of a different race may subconsciously just follow suit after a while, and use it in conversation. Not condoning this at all. I'm just saying, this is how it might start in some cases.

Like when you go visit family in a different part of the country, you might start to pick up on slang words they use without even noticing it. I know the N word is different from other slang words, but its a similar idea.

I just don't why this ruffles so many peoples feathers? Why can't you just accept the fact the we feel a certain way you you refer to us as *##%!'s. Let it go!

I just don't why this ruffles so many peoples feathers? Why can't you just accept the fact the we feel a certain way you you refer to us as *##%!'s. Let it go!

In the Bay Area, everybody says it regardless of race, probably the only place where it is acceptable. 

You're telling me white kids from Palo Alto freely use the N-word?  
laugh.gif

The most I've ever heard the word used was this past summer in NYC. 
ohwell.gif

You're telling me white kids from Palo Alto freely use the N-word?  
laugh.gif

The most I've ever heard the word used was this past summer in NYC. 
ohwell.gif

Because it makes no sense and the whole crux of racism is 1 group being able to do something and denying that right to others, isn't this kind of that? Double standard much? Plus, you could really tell the difference between when someone is intended to offend you and when they are just using it the same way brothas use it.

Because it makes no sense and the whole crux of racism is 1 group being able to do something and denying that right to others, isn't this kind of that? Double standard much? Plus, you could really tell the difference between when someone is intended to offend you and when they are just using it the same way brothas use it.

Back
Top Bottom