NT: How come its "okay" for DJ Khaled to use the "N-Word"? VOL. real talk.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by red mpls

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at all of these white and Asian folks in here acting like the number one experts on racism
 Theres a monopoly on  racism?
You cut off my quote halfway through which gives context to the first half... and I never said anything about a monopoly nor implied anything of that nature, so...

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by tim teufel

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at all of these white and Asian folks in here acting like the number one experts on racism and black folks and what they should or shouldn't say among one another.  The others essentially saying "But if they can say it, then we should be able to say it!"  Like someone else said in this thread, black folks can't even have a WORD to themselves... Why the $$+# does it matter to y'all?

Some of you all are so caught up in your own privilege that you're completely blind to it...

wut? lol so this is a word you want to use for yourselves?
Well... yeah.

There's over a billion words in the English language. Ya'll live without being able to use ONE.
Pretty much.  And I don't even use the word

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at all of these white and Asian folks in here acting like the number one experts on racism and black folks and what they should or shouldn't say among one another. 

you're right.  blacks are the only race who have ever experienced racism or endured slavery.
Where did I state that?  Where are you getting this from?

And I hope you're black with that SN

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at all of these white and Asian folks in here acting like the number one experts on racism
 Theres a monopoly on  racism?
You cut off my quote halfway through which gives context to the first half... and I never said anything about a monopoly nor implied anything of that nature, so...

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by tim teufel

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at all of these white and Asian folks in here acting like the number one experts on racism and black folks and what they should or shouldn't say among one another.  The others essentially saying "But if they can say it, then we should be able to say it!"  Like someone else said in this thread, black folks can't even have a WORD to themselves... Why the $$+# does it matter to y'all?

Some of you all are so caught up in your own privilege that you're completely blind to it...

wut? lol so this is a word you want to use for yourselves?
Well... yeah.

There's over a billion words in the English language. Ya'll live without being able to use ONE.
Pretty much.  And I don't even use the word

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at all of these white and Asian folks in here acting like the number one experts on racism and black folks and what they should or shouldn't say among one another. 

you're right.  blacks are the only race who have ever experienced racism or endured slavery.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^No one has a problem with people making themselves look stupid. How do people not get that? Heck I feel better about myself for not calling my Indians friends "Yo curry!!!" or "YO dothead!!". I don't get what's so hard to understand. I'll never stop y'all from using it because that's not my place but you're damn right I'm going to comment on it.

If no one said the word in any context other than pure hatred and racism, no one would ever want to use the word. When's the last time you heard dothead said to an Indian person?

Like I said, use whatever you want. I can't stop you.
It's nearly impossible to change the meaning of a word so historically-charged as the N-word. It can't just be flipped like that. 
This. 

^No one has a problem with people making themselves look stupid. How do people not get that? Heck I feel better about myself for not calling my Indians friends "Yo curry!!!" or "YO dothead!!". I don't get what's so hard to understand. I'll never stop y'all from using it because that's not my place but you're damn right I'm going to comment on it.

If no one said the word in any context other than pure hatred and racism, no one would ever want to use the word. When's the last time you heard dothead said to an Indian person?

Like I said, use whatever you want. I can't stop you.
It's nearly impossible to change the meaning of a word so historically-charged as the N-word. It can't just be flipped like that. 
This. 

Ever notice that the majority of people that say that 'no-one should use it', AREN'T Black?

I think _'s just mad cause they "can't" use it.
laugh.gif

I'm so tired of some of you NTers speaking for Black Americans. Especially bijald, I catch you in damn near every race thread (mainly dealing with Blacks), and you always have a blinded opinion on things. Stop acting like you know every and anything about all cultures and all Black Americans.
Don't compare it to being Indian either. 
grin.gif

NO word, and I mean NO word has been more publicized that the N word. In the '70s, they even called each other 'negro' on television. Is that word acceptable just because it isn't as 'charged' as _? Is it? Or is it just so ingrained in your %!#+$!! head that it is? Think for yourself. It is just a WORD, as well as MANY other words. "bro, god, son, G, fam, folk, stone, moe, kid, elz, joe" are all 'slang' terms used to refer to another person. So just because a White man happened to try to get Black Americans down by CALLING them that, it's all of a sudden - forbidden? 

Ever notice that the majority of people that say that 'no-one should use it', AREN'T Black?

laugh.gif

I'm so tired of some of you NTers speaking for Black Americans. Especially bijald, I catch you in damn near every race thread (mainly dealing with Blacks), and you always have a blinded opinion on things. Stop acting like you know every and anything about all cultures and all Black Americans.
grin.gif

NO word, and I mean NO word has been more publicized that the N word. In the '70s, they even called each other 'negro' on television. Is that word acceptable just because it isn't as 'charged' as _? Is it? Or is it just so ingrained in your %!#+$!! head that it is? Think for yourself. It is just a WORD, as well as MANY other words. "bro, god, son, G, fam, folk, stone, moe, kid, elz, joe" are all 'slang' terms used to refer to another person. So just because a White man happened to try to get Black Americans down by CALLING them that, it's all of a sudden - forbidden? 

Why is it such a big deal?

"Why can't we use ittttttttttttttttt
frown.gif
?"

Say whatever you want in all honesty, I just don't get why it's such a big deal...

frown.gif
?"

Say whatever you want in all honesty, I just don't get why it's such a big deal...

No one should use it.

Everyone uses it.

It has lost it's meaning IMO, it's more of a pop culture word now.  It's a term of endearment.

Anyway, I don't condone the use of the word and don't use it myself unless I'm singing along solo-dolo in my car when I listen to Pac/Biggie/etc.

Filipino's and Hispanics in the Bay Area use it freely, had me with a
eek.gif
face.

If you want to make one of your black homies trip the ##!* out, when he calls you the word or "My" + the word give them the stinkface and a "What the ##!* did you just call me?", the look on their face will be priceless.  Proceed to break the tension with laughter and some drinks
smokin.gif

No one should use it.

Everyone uses it.

It has lost it's meaning IMO, it's more of a pop culture word now.  It's a term of endearment.

Anyway, I don't condone the use of the word and don't use it myself unless I'm singing along solo-dolo in my car when I listen to Pac/Biggie/etc.

Filipino's and Hispanics in the Bay Area use it freely, had me with a
eek.gif
face.

If you want to make one of your black homies trip the ##!* out, when he calls you the word or "My" + the word give them the stinkface and a "What the ##!* did you just call me?", the look on their face will be priceless.  Proceed to break the tension with laughter and some drinks
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

laugh.gif

grin.gif

no im black and still think no one should be using it

and no word is forbidden, but thats no reason for anyone to use it

and ur right think for yourself! why would u want to keep on calling ur people a word that was made in the first place to keep us down?

theres a million words out there why cant u choose something else

Originally Posted by bittersweet

laugh.gif

grin.gif

no im black and still think no one should be using it

and no word is forbidden, but thats no reason for anyone to use it

and ur right think for yourself! why would u want to keep on calling ur people a word that was made in the first place to keep us down?

theres a million words out there why cant u choose something else

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

In NYC its a term that any race can use excluding caucasians. Dont ask me why. I didnt make the rules.

Pretty much.. I'm Puerto Rican and from The Bronx.. I grew up using this word in the least offensive way possible.. I have never had a problem with it.. I have seen Asians, Hispanics, Blacks all use the word.. with no issue. Idk, no big thing here in the city.. well from what I have seen at least.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

In NYC its a term that any race can use excluding caucasians. Dont ask me why. I didnt make the rules.

Pretty much.. I'm Puerto Rican and from The Bronx.. I grew up using this word in the least offensive way possible.. I have never had a problem with it.. I have seen Asians, Hispanics, Blacks all use the word.. with no issue. Idk, no big thing here in the city.. well from what I have seen at least.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

black people own ninja now
Based on what it represents on NT... yes
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

If you don't care then why are you so mad my @%+#@?

laugh.gif

You might not believe this but I hate seeing people subjugate themselves that easily. For this curry dothead, that sucks to see. 
tired.gif

Are you doing anything "else" to work for the betterment and empowerment of the black community?  If not, then %*!+ what you "hate to see"

Even if black folks all got together and were like, "Eff it, what we're gonna do is flip this word so it's cool to say among ourselves but really stick it to the white man who has used it against us for so long by making it completely UNacceptable for him to say.  That will especially irk him." ...why would that bother y'all so much?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

black people own ninja now
Based on what it represents on NT... yes
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

If you don't care then why are you so mad my @%+#@?

laugh.gif

You might not believe this but I hate seeing people subjugate themselves that easily. For this curry dothead, that sucks to see. 
tired.gif

Are you doing anything "else" to work for the betterment and empowerment of the black community?  If not, then %*!+ what you "hate to see"

Even if black folks all got together and were like, "Eff it, what we're gonna do is flip this word so it's cool to say among ourselves but really stick it to the white man who has used it against us for so long by making it completely UNacceptable for him to say.  That will especially irk him." ...why would that bother y'all so much?

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

Shalom NT'ers,

I was listening to Jay-Z on Howard Stern and  Stern asked him a question about the "n-word" how its used and stuff like that and how Oprah disapproves... Jay pretty much said they flipped a negative term into a term of endearment.  But thats African Americans saying it to other African Americans, right?

SO HOW COME ITS OKAY FOR DJ KHALED TO USE IT?

0.jpg
Not only should he not be saying that,the absolute last thing he should do is to walk around without a shirt on...And he should tell that to his boy Ricky Ross

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

Shalom NT'ers,

I was listening to Jay-Z on Howard Stern and  Stern asked him a question about the "n-word" how its used and stuff like that and how Oprah disapproves... Jay pretty much said they flipped a negative term into a term of endearment.  But thats African Americans saying it to other African Americans, right?

SO HOW COME ITS OKAY FOR DJ KHALED TO USE IT?

0.jpg
Not only should he not be saying that,the absolute last thing he should do is to walk around without a shirt on...And he should tell that to his boy Ricky Ross

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

frown.gif
?"

my thoughts exactly...if you don't like to use it and don't want to be called it thats cool...but I grew up using the word *%%#@ to talk to my friends some black some not black and I still continue to use it today.  If my peoples is still cool with me saying it and if they're still used to me using it then i'm not gonna change.  I'm not using it to offend somebody so if you guys have a problem with it you can go !#+$ yourselves.
I think using the word *%%#@ by every type of race fly's here in nyc because we used it so much in the 80's - 90's that it's just another word.

Back
Top Bottom