NT is Slumdog Millionaire really that damn good?

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Overrated.

these are the stupid f'n posts that really bother me....Explain how its overated...do you guys know how hard it is to make a movie like this? They had a budget of like 30 million dollars. They used random #%* kids from the street...instead of giving the director compliments we go out of our way to say a movie is "overated" when in fact alot of ppl like the OP still havnt seen it.
they payed the kids like. 2 dollars (American money) each. they probably paid the main character like 20 dollars. and the officer (who is famousin indian movies) like 100-1000 dollars. who knows.

all i know is that in india. people work for less than 1 dollar a day each day for the rest of their life. no benefits, no over time, no anything.
sick.gif
eyes.gif

Overrated.

these are the stupid f'n posts that really bother me....Explain how its overated...do you guys know how hard it is to make a movie like this? They had a budget of like 30 million dollars. They used random #%* kids from the street...instead of giving the director compliments we go out of our way to say a movie is "overated" when in fact alot of ppl like the OP still havnt seen it.

Chill-out. Yea yea budget yea yea kids yea yea whatever. Stop acting like a junior high school girl who woke up with a zit the day before the spring formalbecause someone doesn't like a movie you like.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Overrated.

Chill-out. Yea yea budget yea yea kids yea yea whatever. Stop acting like a junior high school girl who woke up with a zit the day before the spring formal because someone doesn't like a movie you like.

what are you talking about? this is what they really do in real life. they take little kids and do experiments with them. the kids really live like that andhave to make a living on thier own. the killings that they have (where to mother dies) happens all the time because there is a war between the differentreligions.

IMO i think the movie deserves whatever it got because it shows how things REALLY happen in india TODAY.

Originally Posted by AirAsianJordan

Overrated.

Chill-out. Yea yea budget yea yea kids yea yea whatever. Stop acting like a junior high school girl who woke up with a zit the day before the spring formal because someone doesn't like a movie you like.

what are you talking about? this is what they really do in real life. they take little kids and do experiments with them. the kids really live like that and have to make a living on thier own. the killings that they have (where to mother dies) happens all the time because there is a war between the different religions.

IMO i think the movie deserves whatever it got because it shows how things REALLY happen in india TODAY.

So if I build a computer out of toothpicks, paperclips and a battery and I'm able to post on NikeTalk...does that mean every post I make is certified gold?No.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I haven't seen it but based on the trailers and bits and pieces on reviews it can't be that good
?

The 8 oscars aren't worth more then some blowhard's reviews?
grin.gif

Overrated.

what are you talking about? this is what they really do in real life. they take little kids and do experiments with them. the kids really live like that and have to make a living on thier own. the killings that they have (where to mother dies) happens all the time because there is a war between the different religions.

So if I build a computer out of toothpicks, paperclips and a battery and I'm able to post on NikeTalk...does that mean every post I make is certified gold? No.
lolwut?

Originally Posted by ItWasTyped

Overrated.

So if I build a computer out of toothpicks, paperclips and a battery and I'm able to post on NikeTalk...does that mean every post I make is certified gold? No.
lolwut?

Jai Ho.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I haven't seen it but based on the trailers and bits and pieces on reviews it can't be that good
it had like 90 rating on rottentomatoes wth are you talking about..and won 8 oscars....your avy is retarted btw

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

good flick, worthy of an oscar? not even close

o yea a movie showing a montage of brad pitts pretty face is worthy of an oscar but not slumdog, ok.

Originally Posted by ItWasTyped

Overrated.

lolwut?

Jai Ho.

Ghenges the fact that the movie was entertaining is good enough to tell someone else to see it. I think alot of ppl didnt like it bc alot was in a differentlanguage and ppl are 2 lazy to read subtitles.

Before seeing it I tried to deny and almost blind hate on it. I was like it CANT be that good...Probably average at best. But I effs with Danny Boyle so Isaid Ill give it a shot....I did and personally I was AMAZED....no lie. From the pacing, music, editing, and acting, *!$# was on point. SM>>>TDK

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

curious. why are you being so defensive about it? are you one of those lil kids in the movie?
nerd.gif

well its one of my favorite moves. i really liked it. Its entertainment. I dont want to watch some disturbing old man trying to live his life or some nazihaving sex with some kid.

Great movie. Given the budget, the movie still did a fantastic job of delivering the story.

Is it overrated? Probably, but you still cannot deny it is a must see movie. Definately belongs in your movie collection (buy it).

No its not. Its your typical Bollywood film. The only reason it is getting so much praise is because the American movie industry has never seen a film withthat formula before. Watch a few Bollywood movies and you'll see the resemblance.

Originally Posted by RellNye

No its not. Its your typical Bollywood film. The only reason it is getting so much praise is because the American movie industry has never seen a film with that formula before. Watch a few Bollywood movies and you'll see the resemblance.

I'm tempted to post a Russell Peters clip here but the NT regiment will snipe me.

No its not. Its your typical Bollywood film. The only reason it is getting so much praise is because the American movie industry has never seen a film with that formula before. Watch a few Bollywood movies and you'll see the resemblance.

I'm tempted to post a Russell Peters clip here but the NT regiment will snipe me.
Elaborate please.

Elaborate please.
russell peters sucks...states the obvious...i just saw the clip and it isnt relevent to slumdog.

i went into watching this movie thinking it was going to be another overrated movie by a foreign director that america fell in love with. But i thought themovie was deserving of the hype. Acting was great, ending was great, emotional without being cheesy. i liked it.

Elaborate please.
russell peters sucks...states the obvious...i just saw the clip and it isnt relevent to slumdog.

1.) boy meets girl
2.) things happen where they can't be together
3.) they end up together in the end

Relevent.

Overrated and predictable.

I don't see what everyone was up in arms about.

I think it was some heart on their sleeve type limo liberals that carried this movie to popularity out of sheer guilt. It was aight, but not worthy of thepraise it got and less worthy of the Oscar it received.

Lots of better movies out there in a similar genre

Back
Top Bottom