NT is Slumdog Millionaire really that damn good?

I thought this movie was fantastic. I was also one that thought it was all hype, but really enjoyed it. Storytelling, acting, and imagery was absolutelyamazing.

OP, also keep in mind many of the NTers already have their tickets for Fast and the Furious because Vin Diesel is their favorite actor.

It really is different strokes for different folks. Just watch it.

i was impressed with it...was expecting it to be crap...just another one of those 'oscar winners' that appeal to the academy only but i was literallyfloored by it.

So I just finished watching it. It was a great movie up and down. I am actually upset that I didnt see it at the silver yesterday when I had the chance. Ohwell it was free any way.

Good Movie I like films like this, reminds me of City Of God and Battle Royale

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by RellNye

No its not. Its your typical Bollywood film. The only reason it is getting so much praise is because the American movie industry has never seen a film with that formula before. Watch a few Bollywood movies and you'll see the resemblance.

I'm tempted to post a Russell Peters clip here but the NT regiment will snipe me.
Elaborate please.
russell peters sucks...states the obvious...i just saw the clip and it isnt relevent to slumdog.

1.) boy meets girl
2.) things happen where they can't be together
3.) they end up together in the end

Relevent.

same thing happened in office space

This movie has a little bit of everything and could touch almost anyone, as long as you have an open mind.
I went into the movie thinking it was gonna be good and it exceeded my expectations (surprisingly, usually when I have high expectations the movie ends updissapointing)
If you've been to a third world country and seen kids running around holding babies begging for change, you will be touched, unless you're heartless
Freida Pinto instantly became one of my favorite actresses (not for her acting talent, but she is extremely talented in more ways than one)

One of those movies that wins a bunch of awards but I hate

Word to crouching tiger hidden dragon.

It's a great movie but you cannot deny the fact that it is overrated. Benjamin Button should have won Best Picture imo. But you don't like that moviebecause it just shows Brad Pitt's face for 3 hours aging backwards. The Reader was great as well, but you don't like that movie because Kate Winslethas sex with a teenager. You're being a hypocrite by saying these 2 great movies weren't on Slumdog's level.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i think it's overrated

it's good, but not "best picture" good
Rich people love to watch poor people

they go on vacations with tour guides to see aborigines, African native peoples, and I've even seen some people at the Bloomberg office (in 98) with picscoming back from living with Amazonian tribes.
showing off their pics like trophies.
They compete with their rich friends... bet you can't hang out with broker people than I can!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

i think it's overrated

they go on vacations with tour guides to see aborigines, African native peoples, and I've even seen some people at the Bloomberg office (in 98) with pics coming back from living with Amazonian tribes.
They compete with their rich friends... bet you can't hang out with broker people than I can!
laugh.gif
That's exactly what I wrote earlier. Dudes felt guilty about watching poor people on the screen or about being let in on a part of life theydidn't know about so they throw em a bone and then go on with the like "this movie is like the greatest thing ever, Dakota." You know whatI'm saying. Them cats probably went out and got some chicken curry and a couple of samosas afterwards to make the experience of the movie even moreauthentic.

It was kind of exploitative imo.

No its not. Its your typical Bollywood film. The only reason it is getting so much praise is because the American movie industry has never seen a film with that formula before. Watch a few Bollywood movies and you'll see the resemblance.

I'm tempted to post a Russell Peters clip here but the NT regiment will snipe me.
Elaborate please.
russell peters sucks...states the obvious...i just saw the clip and it isnt relevent to slumdog.

1.) boy meets girl
2.) things happen where they can't be together
3.) they end up together in the end

Relevent.

same thing happened in office space

office space? Never heard of it but it sounds stupid.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

i think it's overrated

they go on vacations with tour guides to see aborigines, African native peoples, and I've even seen some people at the Bloomberg office (in 98) with pics coming back from living with Amazonian tribes.
laugh.gif
That's exactly what I wrote earlier. Dudes felt guilty about watching poor people on the screen or about being let in on a part of life they didn't know about so they throw em a bone and then go on with the like "this movie is like the greatest thing ever, Dakota." You know what I'm saying. Them cats probably went out and got some chicken curry and a couple of samosas afterwards to make the experience of the movie even more authentic.

It was kind of exploitative imo.
you know that is true but take this....im southasian and have been to poor areas and guess what it effects me...im not rich but the movie stilleffects me. So your saying most of america is rich? MOST indian ppl liked this movie as well. The movie is reality.

i heard the same thing about slumdogg, I also heard from a few people that MILK is better and should have beat slumdogg for best screenplay

Wow, you would think Curious24 was like the director's son the way he takes it so personal
laugh.gif

It was a good solid flick, not too sold on it being best picture of the year though.

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

i heard the same thing about slumdogg, I also heard from a few people that MILK is better and should have beat slumdogg for best screenplay
Correct me if I'm wrong but MILK was an original screenplay and Slumdog was adapted.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I haven't seen it but based on the trailers and bits and pieces on reviews it can't be that good
it had like 90 rating on rottentomatoes wth are you talking about..and won 8 oscars....your avy is retarted btw

At least she has an avy.

it's a terrific movie, don't let these amateur movie critics tell you otherwise

it releases this tuesday and will be a solid addition to my expanding blu-ray collection
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Overrated.

these are the stupid f'n posts that really bother me....Explain how its overated...do you guys know how hard it is to make a movie like this? They had a budget of like 30 million dollars. They used random #%* kids from the street...instead of giving the director compliments we go out of our way to say a movie is "overated" when in fact alot of ppl like the OP still havnt seen it.
indifferent.gif
so he cant say its overrated...

Back
Top Bottom